Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you look in the other thread, he’s got his Technicolour Dreampants on. :lol:

:lol: Trippiers clobber is fucking rancid like but I’ll let him off, Gordon has a lot to do to make up the deficit on his shocking wardrobe to performance ratio 

• Haha 4

Gordon could stay here for the entirety of his career, become a free scoring legend, then go on to lead the club as manager to 10 consecutive quadruples, and he still wouldn’t have made up for those patchwork monstrosities he wore. 

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If I was tapping up his lass regularly, you’d never take the smile off my face. That’s Italians for you 

He’d probably take it off though, with a sledgehammer.

Tin hat on....but with Joelinton, Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Miley and Anderson all fighting for 3 CM places, in the back of my mind I'm wondering whether the €70mil could have been better spent strengthening other positions?

28 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tin hat on....but with Joelinton, Bruno, Willock, Longstaff, Miley and Anderson all fighting for 3 CM places, in the back of my mind I'm wondering whether the €70mil could have been better spent strengthening other positions?

Possibly the strongest Midfield options we've ever had.

Just enjoy it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It’s the sort of depth you need when you’re in Europe. Also, Miley hasn’t had his breakthrough season yet. Looks a real talent but still one for the future/ to be slowly introduced to the PL. Only 16 isn’t he? Anderson is only a season or two ahead of him and he will probably provide cover out wide rather than seeing loads of game time in the midfield three. I suspect those positions will be mainly occupied by Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Willock and Longstaff. Five strong options with the two young lads providing occasional cover. 

• Like 1

Ah I know. I just can't help thinking a top CB alongside Botman might have been of more tangible benefit to the team. 

Just been watching the Brighton highlights from pre-season and was reminded of how poor Lascelles is 🤯 

Young lads will get a good go in the early stages of the cup comps I reckon. Plus some of the easier PL fixtures like Luton. 

I just think the perfect window doesn't exist. You take advantage of the opportunities to sign your targets as and when they present themselves.

If you go into the window thinking you'll only buy targets in a certain order, you'll either end up with nothing or having to drop down your list of targets for each position to satisfy your sequencing requirement.

Get what you can, when you can, and you'll be stronger when the window shuts, if not necessarily in all positions.

I think Howe still wants a CB though. He's ruled out a CF on required price but said ideally he wants two more in, including Livramento.

• Like 5

We basically need a younger, quicker version of Fabian Schar to fill in/compete for RCB. The sort of player who can play those long switch passes from right to left from the back. Probably needs to cost no more than £20-30m. I have no idea who that player is 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s the sort of depth you need when you’re in Europe. Also, Miley hasn’t had his breakthrough season yet. Looks a real talent but still one for the future/ to be slowly introduced to the PL. Only 16 isn’t he? Anderson is only a season or two ahead of him and he will probably provide cover out wide rather than seeing loads of game time in the midfield three. I suspect those positions will be mainly occupied by Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Willock and Longstaff. Five strong options with the two young lads providing occasional cover. 

Miley is 17 and has been great.  Anderson too.  But yes, I don't see them being stalwarts for several years.  Anderson on this form will get more time in cups etc but cant see him starting unless we have bad injury issues.