Lewis Miley - He’s one of our own (Stanley)

Anorthernsoul

5 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Eddie Howe is such a good coach I bet he's relishing working with a young player like Miley who has so much potential and is so good already.  He's been brilliant whenever he's been on the pitch so far.

He’s going to be top class

• 2 weeks later...

Him and Bruno being interviewed together on MOTD was nice. He just sounds like a bairn and then Bruno saying it's heard to believe he's only 17.

He's got the perfect midfield partner in Bruno too. Miley himself is playing like a seasoned pro, but having Bruno there, always available for a pass, never looks under pressure, borderline untacklable, is massive.

Love them both. And £100m will buy us a lot if someone triggers Bruno's release clause, but I don't think we'd be able to replace him with better, just cos there aren't many (any?!) around.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Him and Bruno being interviewed together on MOTD was nice. He just sounds like a bairn and then Bruno saying it's heard to believe he's only 17.

He's got the perfect midfield partner in Bruno too. Miley himself is playing like a seasoned pro, but having Bruno there, always available for a pass, never looks under pressure, borderline untacklable, is massive.

Love them both. And £100m will buy us a lot if someone triggers Bruno's release clause, but I don't think we'd be able to replace him with better, just cos there aren't many (any?!) around.

it’s hard to believe people were digging Bruno out at the start of the season. Our most important player. There’s a reason why we can’t win when he’s out. We desperately need another DM so he can be released to play further forwards. One with half his ability would do

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it’s hard to believe people were digging Bruno out at the start of the season. Our most important player. There’s a reason why we can’t win when he’s out. We desperately need another DM so he can be released to play further forwards. One with half his ability would do

💯 this. He is almost irreplaceable so I’d be gutted if he left for £100m. But then if a player wants to go then you might as well let him.

He gives everything for the shirt. I just hope he goes abroad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I found myself hoping his release clause would be triggered upon reading it'd been added because I'm psychotic, but some things are priceless and the emotional Bruno does give our squad that feminine energy. It's important Miley grows up with balance so I'd keep Bruno and do wonders in the creche bit of the P&L 

That interview was great. Bruno couldn't stop smiling when Miley was speaking. 

Honestly I know Bruno is a player who should be playing CL football every season, but if he can see the club is progressing towards that I think he will stay. The bloke looks so happy. Especially when Wor Eddie said he's selling Miggy 🤣

I jest. But if we miss out on CL next season but bring in quality I think he stays. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

That was me and I stand by every single word…. What I said was I’d never criticise Miggy but I would single out Bruno. One is playing to the absolute best of his ability and the other one was listless and going missing in games when his ability is so great it’s astonishing. I hope this explains the difference 👍

This attitude is explained by my being an arch contrarian. It’s a character trait that at times in my life hasn’t served me well. Two or three times I’ve gone for the “big man” in work situations and found myself ostracised and marginalised. If I see someone over promoted or phoning it in and taking advantage of a perceived popularity among senior management I’ll often say something to their faces . As you can imagine, that’s not a great tactic if you want to foster harmonious relations. I’d like to think Ritchie or Dummet told little house on the prairie to get his fuckin finger out. But as HMHM pointed out, the bairn has probably stopped teething now :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I thought Bruno had his best game I've seen for us yesterday. Absolutely ran the midfield. Stopping ball with his studs, rolling it side to side like he had all the time in the world. Finding space effortlessly. He's going to be our Iniesta/Silva/Modric if we can hold onto him 

• Like 3

On 17/12/2023 at 05:12, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought Bruno had his best game I've seen for us yesterday. Absolutely ran the midfield. Stopping ball with his studs, rolling it side to side like he had all the time in the world. Finding space effortlessly. He's going to be our Iniesta/Silva/Modric if we can hold onto him 

Seemed to be paying with a lot more flair and freedom than usual because we were comfortable at the back. Signs of what he could do in the final third if somebody else was playing his defensive role just as well. Has cut out the occasional petulant moment as well which is great to see.

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Lewis Miley - He’s one of our own (Stanley)