Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Just watched the second half of the Super Cup there. Citeh had basically the first team out in what was supposedly sweltering heat over in Greece. They didn't make any subs until the 80th either, and only brought on Alvarez when they did iirc. You would think it bodes well for them not being at their best for Saturday. Then again maybe it will just be extra fitness given it's the start of the season. 

Pep wants to win every competition he enters.

Super Cup won for the first time was important.

Even if we lose to you guys, there's plenty of time to catch up. We drop lots of early points every year.

I expect Stones and Dias to start against you guys (although they're not match fit).  Bernado Silva should hopefully be back to join Rodri and Kovacic (who i'm still unsure of), leaving a likely Grealish, Haaland and one other up front.

Should be a good game. Lots of people seem to fancy us for this but lets not forget the quality City still have to call on plus they now have plenty of experience navigating a congested fixture schedule. 

They still start favorites for me, they will keep a lot of the ball and we'll have to be careful and patient with the press. I'm just hoping for a competitive game, get in their faces and take the game down to the wire, leave no doubts as to what the main title fixture will be a couple of years from now :naughty: 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2023 at 10:23, aimaad22 said:

Should be a good game. Lots of people seem to fancy us for this but lets not forget the quality City still have to call on plus they now have plenty of experience navigating a congested fixture schedule. 

They still start favorites for me, they will keep a lot of the ball and we'll have to be careful and patient with the press. I'm just hoping for a competitive game, get in their faces and take the game down to the wire, leave no doubts as to what the main title fixture will be a couple of years from now :naughty: 

How could they not? Listen to Dan Ashworth; results are best tracked against wages. Super high wages and seven years deep into the best manager in the world mean that Man City are head and shoulder clear favourites in every single meaningful match they play.

• Like 1

Yes, but if feels like we need to say it as some across social media think we're about to smash them. 

I just want a good competitive game. Far too many times have we seen a hyped up Newcastle team fall to pieces, even though admittedly this time feels different. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Yes, but if feels like we need to say it as some across social media think we're about to smash them. 

I just want a good competitive game. Far too many times have we seen a hyped up Newcastle team fall to pieces, even though admittedly this time feels different. 

People are rightly excited. I’ve lost count of how many games we’ve lost on the bounce at their place. For years we have gone there happy to escape with a defeat by a just a goal or two. This time it feels different. It’s the first time in over a decade we can travel there with belief that we can force a result 

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

People are rightly excited. I’ve lost count of how many games we’ve lost on the bounce at their place. For years we have gone there happy to escape with a defeat by a just a goal or two. This time it feels different. It’s the first time in over a decade we can travel there with belief that we can force a result 

Absolutely. Plus I have money on us winning.

On 17/08/2023 at 01:23, aimaad22 said:

Aye I think most of us City fans are wary off this fixture, even being at home.  Newcastle seem ready for a title tilt this season and I for one am looking fw to it. Especially if it means the red clubs noses are put out of joint. 

But City right now seem a little dazed by the treble,  we're still full of energy but not the imagination, we've lost a lot of the creativity right now and if we get a result out will be through playing solid as a team rather than relying on kdb or haaland alone. 

• Like 3