Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Commentator on Gary O'Neil, "Well, he could only have asked for better finishing tonight.

Yeah yeah. That's it. That's the only thing he could've wanted. Well that and some officiating that isn't completely corrupt. But nah. You nailed it.

Even Berbatov thinks it was a pen. And he is the most biases Man U supporter ever. But wait! Owen on the other hand reckons it shouldn't have even been referred to VAR because "its not a howler". Oh boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are finishing 3rd behind City and Arsenal going by this weekends performances 

I think you’ll find the two runners-up mentioned above were playing low tier teams and only managed 5 goals… between them. 

:naughty:

I'd like to believe it's corruption but I honestly think it's just a combination of stupidity, arrogance and incompetence. I mean it takes a special type to be a referee. Life's losers with a megalomaniac streak. Shit people making shit decisions, revelling in it, and believing they're above criticism afterwards. Any normal person would have the humility to refrain from seeking out a position where they had millions of dollars and people's livelihoods in the palm of their hands based on their subjective rulings over nebulous events. Any normal person would be crippled by doubt over having such responsibility to be "right" in such a situation fraught with uncertainties. Not these mongs. Perpetually picked last during schoolyard games, these nerds have taken their rejection on the playground into the world at large to make themselves public outcasts all in service of the idea that attention of any kind is better than none at all.

• Haha 8

I don't know about corruption, but there is definitely bias, intentional or otherwise. Encouraged by the fact that the whole system these days is setup to ensure the status quo is protected. 

• Like 4

They're petrified they'll be hounded by a compliant media amplifying and basically doing the bidding of the howls from the likes of Klopp, Arteta and the Dutch nonce at old Trafford. They bottle it, pure and simple. 

• Like 6

Well I don't think we need to worry too much about every pundit's favourite for third. We've got a better squad and a MUCH better manager. They'll stick with the arrogant bellend though, which is great for us.

• Like 2

There's really no point to VAR if it's not seen to be impartial, fair and competently done. It was supposed to eliminate controversy, all it does is stoke it. Most people said last season it was shite or bent (or both) and its going to be more of the same this season.

Scrap it I say....invest in the recruitment, training and pay of elite officials, with a separate body from the PL overseeing the performance and fitness of officials.  If someone isn't cutting the mustard they should be dropped and forced to work their way back in or retire. This isnt hard.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well I don't think we need to worry too much about every pundit's favourite for third. We've got a better squad and a MUCH better manager. They'll stick with the arrogant bellend though, which is great for us.

Yup, by all means continue to overrate that kumquat while he continues to spend hundreds of millions on the Antonys and Mounts of this world. He'll have them proper adrift of the competition in next to no time. 

• Like 2

They'd have to identify officials for training in some sort of adoption procedure because once you get the ones who have self-selected to be officials the damage is already done. They've already been rejected by parents, peers, and their siblings, though not by that one strange uncle who seems suss. By then it's already established psychologically that they must have the approval of the cool kids even though they can never earn the respect of the cool kids no matter how much they try. We have a natural analogy to this in the wider community with the basic shape of every redheaded child's development into adulthood. These poor rangas are constantly on the lookout for attention as compensation for that deep-seated emptiness inside left dwelling there from the moment of disappointment at birth when their mother saw the colour of their hair. That sense of disappointment coupled with the initial bonding with the mother formulates a psychological association in the child between other people's disappointment/annoyance and love. Sometimes it manifests as becoming a referee to seek out attention at all costs. Other times it comes out as an overwhelming desire to be adored by a bunch of people you consistently refer to as your "fans" on a football forum.

• Haha 3

Just spoken to a ManUtd fan who couldn't believe the penalty was not given.

He also said that they have spunked millions on attacking players and needed a full back to cross to a centre back to score their only goal. :smile:

• Haha 1

Just watched the second half of the Super Cup there. Citeh had basically the first team out in what was supposedly sweltering heat over in Greece. They didn't make any subs until the 80th either, and only brought on Alvarez when they did iirc. You would think it bodes well for them not being at their best for Saturday. Then again maybe it will just be extra fitness given it's the start of the season.