Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Interestingly the orthopaedic surgeons at the RVI were all busted for being in some weird swingers group a few years back. Let's hope they're not too busy shagging to fix your knee caps Gloom. 

youre-hard-david-brent.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, i said that in my earlier post - not putting together a structure with a sporting director suggests poor decision-making but i don't think man u's relative failure lies squarely at their door. they appointed a series of big name managers with history of winning trophies, other than moyes (fergie's pick) and solskjaer. they have also spent shit ton of money on players so it's nothing like as bad as we had it under ashley. neville and co can get to fuck 

378377950_Screenshot2023-11-30at10_39_49.thumb.png.e41811b81c6f1bfc125643be63c173ab.png

Don't get me wrong, the managers and players deserve criticism and a portion of the blame. But haven't we seen their owners buy players for the lols, appoint managers who don't scan with their predecessor and generally make decisions based more on profits than the pitch?

Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer, Ten Haag. None of them play a similar style to the other. Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Sancho, Ronaldo, players bought more for the statement than what was best for the team. 

However, The managers above couldn't get a tune out of squads that were among the most expensively assembled in each of their eras. Those players couldn't become a cohesive unit and set side their egos, distracted by fame or selfish ego. 

Great innit?

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Don't get me wrong, the managers and players deserve criticism and a portion of the blame. But haven't we seen their owners buy players for the lols, appoint managers who don't scan with their predecessor and generally make decisions based more on profits than the pitch?

Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer, Ten Haag. None of them play a similar style to the other. Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Sancho, Ronaldo, players bought more for the statement than what was best for the team. 

However, The managers above couldn't get a tune out of squads that were among the most expensively assembled in each of their eras. Those players couldn't become a cohesive unit and set side their egos, distracted by fame or selfish ego. 

Great innit?

Should've given it to Giggsy

• Haha 1

Euro draw...

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

Group B: Spain, Croatia, Italy, Albania

Group 😄 Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Group 😧 Play-off winner A (Poland/Wales/Finland/Estonia), Netherlands, France, Austria

Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, play-off group B (Israel/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Ukraine/Iceland)

Group F: Turkey, play-off winner B (Georgia/Greece/Kazakstan/Luxembourg), Portugal, Czech Republic

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Nice little tribute to Venables on MOTD. I really liked the bloke plus he gave us Euro 96 which was the most enjoyable international tournament of my lifetime.

Still got the scar on my hand when I managed to break a glass after the Holland game. 4 stitches. Well worth it. 🙂 

• Like 1