Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've got more points than them in a much harder group. Man Utd are finished as a top club. Shite manager, shite stadium, shite players, shite owner. 

Much as I love to watch them struggle I can't help but think most of their on-field issues are compounded by the obvious meek manager and shite captain combo. Seems to be a recurring theme in their downfall.

13 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Much as I love to watch them struggle I can't help but think most of their on-field issues are compounded by the obvious meek manager and shite captain combo. Seems to be a recurring theme in their downfall.

Problem is they're still above us in the table. It's like some weird fucking parallel that no matter how good we look and how shite they are, they still get enough points on the board. I'm baffled with how many points they have given how absolutely dreadful their performances have been. 

21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Problem is they're still above us in the table. It's like some weird fucking parallel that no matter how good we look and how shite they are, they still get enough points on the board. I'm baffled with how many points they have given how absolutely dreadful their performances have been. 

I'm three sheets to the wind right now but based on tonight and last night's matches I'd say your lot are far more defensively sound. Haven't even looked at the fixture list but I'd wager the scales will tip. It's not even December yet.

5 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Hello, reserve that kind of talk for after Saturday please. Do you not know the board's demographic is middle aged supersitious squabble over thread starting duties pissy pants? 

GIF by BüroBlondBerlin 

Happy GIF by Disney

• Haha 1

It’s funny seeing desperation in the media to portray any positive results as a sign ‘they’re back’ only for them to keep following that up with more poor performances. 

• Like 2

That was the best I’ve seen them play this season and they still looked very brittle. 

It was on a heavy pitch and we’ve got an extra days rest so hopefully that can help us.  

Let’s hope Onana can take this form into the game as well. 

Oh No Oops GIF by StickerGiant

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've got more points than them in a much harder group. Man Utd are finished as a top club. Shite manager, shite stadium, shite players, shite owner. 

I agree on everything except the owners. Whatever you think about the leveraged nature of the takeover, they’ve still invested plenty in the club.

You can say they’ve appointed poor managers (most came with big reputation apart from Olly), and perhaps made some poor decisions by failing to put a proper structure in place with sporting director etc. But it winds me up when Neville and others try to pin it all on the Glazers. They can’t be compared with Ashley - at least they spend the money the club generates on players (if not the stadium)

They will be back at some point though. I’m sure of that. We have to just enjoy this chapter of mediocrity while it lasts. It feels like they’re coming to SJP at a good time because of how decimated our squad is but we’ve had an extra day’s rest so you never know. 

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I agree on everything except the owners. Whatever you think about the leveraged nature of the takeover, they’ve still invested plenty in the club.

You can say they’ve appointed poor managers (most came with big reputation apart from Olly), and perhaps made some poor decisions by failing to put a proper structure in place with sporting director etc. But it winds me up when Neville and others try to pin it all on the Glazers. They can’t be compared with Ashley - at least they spend the money the club generates on players (if not the stadium)

They will be back at some point though. I’m sure of that. We have to just enjoy this chapter of mediocrity while it lasts. It feels like they’re coming to SJP at a good time because of how decimated our squad is but we’ve had an extra day’s rest so you never know. 

Nah, they’ve been through a shit load of players and managers over the last ten years and the only thing that remains consistent is the ownership. Yes they’ve spent a fair bit of the clubs money but they’ve also taken a fair chunk out in dividends and interest payments. The decisions they’ve made have been abysmal.

And you love to see it.

10 hours ago, Chaser said:

They're getting lucky points here and there, but they're not playing well. They're chiefly reliant on individuals plucking a worldy out of their arse, or the opponents fluffing their lines. IF everyone put away what you expected them to, they'd be bottom half. Everton, Brentford and Chelsea have created more good opportunities, only 6 teams have allowed more good opportunities. 

They've had a run of soft as fuck fixtures, 7/8 of their last opponents are bottom half teams, 4 of them presumptive relegation candidates. Lets see where they are come the new year.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nah, they’ve been through a shit load of players and managers over the last ten years and the only thing that remains consistent is the ownership. Yes they’ve spent a fair bit of the clubs money but they’ve also taken a fair chunk out in dividends and interest payments. The decisions they’ve made have been abysmal.

And you love to see it.

How many times has the new manager's style married with the existing squad, or the previous manager's style? I don't think there's a DoF, and it shows. It's poor leadership from the top. 

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How many times has the new manager's style married with the existing squad, or the previous manager's style? I don't think there's a DoF, and it shows. It's poor leadership from the top. 

Basically their history outside of Busby and Ferguson...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

yeah, i said that in my earlier post - not putting together a structure with a sporting director suggests poor decision-making but i don't think man u's relative failure lies squarely at their door. they appointed a series of big name managers with history of winning trophies, other than moyes (fergie's pick) and solskjaer. they have also spent shit ton of money on players so it's nothing like as bad as we had it under ashley. neville and co can get to fuck 

378377950_Screenshot2023-11-30at10_39_49.thumb.png.e41811b81c6f1bfc125643be63c173ab.png