Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They're absurdly lucky to the point where I suppose you eventually have to concede that there's something more than just luck there? 

But I still think Ten Hag is a bang average manager getting results through, like you say, individual quality. Like they're almost getting results in spite of his efforts, not because of them. 

I would expect us to cruise past them in the second half of the season as we get people back and benefit from being on the training ground more. 

What I will say is that, when they do have a bad result, they seem to bounce back well enough. Whether or not that’s down to Ten Hag or not is a question but I wish they’d just bomb out and lose 4/5 off the belt so some proper questions get asked

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We never finish above them 😬

Have we ever finished above them in the PL era? Can’t think of an occasion where we have 

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What I will say is that, when they do have a bad result, they seem to bounce back well enough. Whether or not that’s down to Ten Hag or not is a question but I wish they’d just bomb out and lose 4/5 off the belt so some proper questions get asked

Na I quite like this keeping him in the job shit.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Have we ever finished above them in the PL era? Can’t think of an occasion where we have 

i can't remember finishing above them in my lifetime!

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Everton are going down is this seasons Everton are going down, you violent sex offender. 

image.png.37480cd2d4e21bc3844f203f617beac9.png

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Me either. Also, thinking about it, they’re the only team we’ve never finished above in the PL era 

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Me either. Also, thinking about it, they’re the only team we’ve never finished above in the PL era 

It's coming with that useless cunt in charge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

You're right, we should know our place.  I'm sorry for DARING to suggest that we could finish above Man United. 

Dunno if I'm confident that we'll finish above them comme May. But we're above them now despite having a squad that's being chipped away by the Squid Games .

If the returning players can remain fit for the run in and our form improves, there's no reason we can't finish above Man Utd.

Also, we don't meet Man City or Liverpool again, they do. 

Look, 5am wake ups on a hangover can bring down the best of us. 

Let me get my coffee down me and we'll try again

We're only 3pts behind them, with a much better goal difference. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This lunchtime kick off is one of those rare occasions where it'll be hilarious whoever wins. 

Should really want Everton to win this but I can't  bring myself to want them to, despite it being Spurs. 

Just now, Tdansmith said:

Spurs back in front, don't know if I'm happy about that or not.

Objectively, no. I mean it's unlikely we will reach them but not impossible. I hate seeing good things happen to Richarlison mind, but that's countered by Pickford. 

• Haha 1