Eddie and Mad Dog's Apathetic Parisian Party Poopers v Turn It Up, Bring The Moyes (Yo, I Don't Understand Why West Ham's Playin' [With Bubbles])

sammynb

He's not just young, he's only 20, a bairn. I didn't see the game today but not sure what people expect. He's played a significant role in several games already this season. Thank fuck we have cover like this coming through the ranks tbh, he's got every chance of making it with Howe. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Renton said:

He's not just young, he's only 20, a bairn. I didn't see the game today but not sure what people expect. He's played a significant role in several games already this season. Thank fuck we have cover like this coming through the ranks tbh, he's got every chance of making it with Howe. 

Rents, no one is slating the kid but there are times he thinks he's still on loan in league two and instead of playing a simple pass to a team mate he wants a mazy run through the opposition.

I'm of the opinion Eddie sent them out to just control the first half as he knew West Ham would tire in the second, so wasn't worried about how they were playing.

The suppose second yellow for Bruno was never a yellow, it was a clumsy challenge, not cynical like the first.

But Eddie's lack of using his subs is frustrating. Players were breathing out their arses and yet Tino, Hall, etc were left on the bench. There are FIVE subs now, use them to good effect to get the game over the line.

Good point but frustrating not to keep all three.

• Like 2

Happy with the draw all things considered.

Good to see Isak looking better in possession today. It's quite amazing really that he hasn't looked at his best but has still scored seven goals for the season already. He's some player.

International break sucks but it comes at a good time for our players to rest and recover from injuries. We've started the season much better in terms of points than we did last season even though our fixture list has arguably been more difficult.

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

£110mil on JWP, Alvarez and Kudus helped tbf 

They are far more mobile in midfield now. Never got the Rice hype, any time I have seen him play he seemed to put the breaks on any attacking move WH had. Bowen would be flying up the wing and Rice would stop, pass it back to defence or side ways and cause the attack to break down. Had he gone to Man City he'd have been converted into a ball playing centre back under Pep, and probably been mint at it.

It will work out for him at Arsenal because he has Odegaard to give it short to, and his only real role is to protect the defence. 

18 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

They are set up to play against teams like us. Especially after they go 1 up.

Sammynb's valiant run is over.

@Holden McGroin Hope you were able to get the piss smell out of those pants!

I told you, it's nothing to do with me.

I just write the songs that makes the mag world sing, I get to sing the songs about our special black & white things!

Gemmill's predictions make the whole world cry, I write the songs, I write the songs!

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They are far more mobile in midfield now. Never got the Rice hype, any time I have seen him play he seemed to put the breaks on any attacking move WH had. Bowen would be flying up the wing and Rice would stop, pass it back to defence or side ways and cause the attack to break down. Had he gone to Man City he'd have been converted into a ball playing centre back under Pep, and probably been mint at it.

It will work out for him at Arsenal because he has Odegaard to give it short to, and his only real role is to protect the defence. 

They've got a cracking midfield now with Bowen and Paqueta to add to JWP and Alvarez. Shame they've still got Antonio plodding around up front for them 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They've got a cracking midfield now with Bowen and Paqueta to add to JWP and Alvarez. Shame they've still got Antonio plodding around up front for them 

Aye, it's a shame Scamacca didn't work out for them, he looked like he was going to be a world beater at one point, but it never clicked for him in the Prem.

Wouldn't surprise me if they came in with a cheeky bid for Wilson tbh. I'd tell them to fuck off like.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Rice is quality, a lot of the time at West Ham he didn't have the attacking options around him to press the advantage. I'd have had him at NEwcastle in a fucking heartbeat.

• Like 2

For some time it did look that Hope was a genuine journalist not just looking for the click bait with Newcastle at his heart.

It seems that he is just a nasty shit stirrer in the end. Most of his recent stories have just been over critical with attacking individuals.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah, if they had. decent striker they'd be even more dangerous

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Rice is quality, a lot of the time at West Ham he didn't have the attacking options around him to press the advantage. I'd have had him at NEwcastle in a fucking heartbeat.

Nah, he's a Poundland (Matty) Longstaff man.

Truth is, he's a good player - I've seen nothing of him to suggest he's a £100m player though - but get why Arsenal wanted him, as his strengths were something lacking in their midfield and could be the difference between 2nd and 1st for them in the league this season.

I don't think it's as simplistic as West Ham were shite so made him look less effective, I just think he's a defensive midfielder who's excellent at defending and not that great at the other stuff a modern centre mid has to be great at. Swap him for Bellingham last season and their attack would have looked better IMO.

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Watched MOTD2 this morning. Bruno's first yellow was never a booking. Would have been a tragedy if he had been sent off 

That was my thought - a bit lucky but the first was harsh anyway which you'd like to think he took into account rather than just being incompetent or cowardly. 

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Pacqueta has settled this season (back end of last season) - which has helped the team massively as well.

Settled on the deck holding his head the soft cunt :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Nah, he's a Poundland (Matty) Longstaff man.

Truth is, he's a good player - I've seen nothing of him to suggest he's a £100m player though - but get why Arsenal wanted him, as his strengths were something lacking in their midfield and could be the difference between 2nd and 1st for them in the league this season.

I don't think it's as simplistic as West Ham were shite so made him look less effective, I just think he's a defensive midfielder who's excellent at defending and not that great at the other stuff a modern centre mid has to be great at. Swap him for Bellingham last season and their attack would have looked better IMO.

It's not just that the standard of players limited him, it was the style that they play. West Ham under Moyes are a counter attack team. Solid base, hit the flanks quickly or play a ball over the top for the striker to hold up. It's just not the kind of style that allows a player like Rice to flourish. Look at what Paqueta has become, where once he was an attacking, creative midifelder, he's become a more combative, destructive player.

Rice is amazing and your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not just that the standard of players limited him, it was the style that they play. West Ham under Moyes are a counter attack team. Solid base, hit the flanks quickly or play a ball over the top for the striker to hold up. It's just not the kind of style that allows a player like Rice to flourish. Look at what Paqueta has become, where once he was an attacking, creative midifelder, he's become a more combative, destructive player.

Rice is amazing and your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

I feel great tbf. I've come to accept and appreciate my usually horrendously bad takes.

Surely though, if a more attacking/creative midfielder can be come an integral part of Moysey ball then it goes against your argument in favour of Rice - because why couldn't Rice adapt to become more box to box and contribute more if Paqueta can? Rice had way longer to adapt to Moyes too.

IMO Rice is limited. He's excellent at defending from midfield, he's not as great at anything else.

44 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

For some time it did look that Hope was a genuine journalist not just looking for the click bait with Newcastle at his heart.

It seems that he is just a nasty shit stirrer in the end. Most of his recent stories have just been over critical with attacking individuals.

I thought that was one of Tonali's best games for us.  Yes he could have done better with throwing himself at the ball, but he was out on his feet too man.

• Like 1

I really don't think we should obsess too much on this one. Our team is riven by injury, we've got many of the same players now playing a game every 4 days. We went away from home to a form team, played poorly but almost won anyway.

Loads to be positive about in this. Yes it hurts to lose the 3 points but honestly the team has to make mistakes in order to learn from them. I appreciate that what I'm saying is largely the sentiment in here anyway, I'm just adding my voice to it too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I feel great tbf. I've come to accept and appreciate my usually horrendously bad takes.

Surely though, if a more attacking/creative midfielder can be come an integral part of Moysey ball then it goes against your argument in favour of Rice - because why couldn't Rice adapt to become more box to box and contribute more if Paqueta can? Rice had way longer to adapt to Moyes too.

IMO Rice is limited. He's excellent at defending from midfield, he's not as great at anything else.

Thought Rice ran the show against us last season both defensively and offensively. 

3 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The game we beat them 5-1?

The game Rice gave up a run into the box half way through because they were losing 4-1. It was the only time he'd been in our half all game as well.

The game before that he got an assist from a corner, and that was about it.