General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Lie-ins are for wimps. The world needs me awake.

I agree on lie-ins. I hate anything past 8am on a weekend, such a waste of the day. Not that I ever get remotely close to 8am like, it's usually 4.30-6.30. :lol:

I agree on lie-ins. I hate anything past 8am on a weekend, such a waste of the day. Not that I ever get remotely close to 8am like, it's usually 4.30-6.30. [emoji38]

Aye I'm exactly the same. See my post above yours. On the very rare occasion I wake up at 7, I'm livid about it.

I agree on lie-ins. I hate anything past 8am on a weekend, such a waste of the day. Not that I ever get remotely close to 8am like, it's usually 4.30-6.30. :lol:

Usually is for me too which is why this is so strange. Feel like the breakfast news should be on the telly.

Aye I'm exactly the same. See my post above yours. On the very rare occasion I wake up at 7, I'm livid about it.

We were posting at the same time so definitely a case of great minds.

If there's washing that needs doing I love getting a load or two done (and preferably out on the line) and (or otherwise) catching up with a few hours TV and it still being well before 9am.

I don't know if it's just how I've taught myself to be as I'm rubbish at sleeping anyway, meaning there is no enjoyment in attempting a lie-in or a nap, but it certainly feels like I get the most possible out of the day.

We were posting at the same time so definitely a case of great minds.

If there's washing that needs doing I love getting a load or two done (and preferably out on the line) and (or otherwise) catching up with a few hours TV and it still being well before 9am.

I don't know if it's just how I've taught myself to be as I'm rubbish at sleeping anyway, meaning there is no enjoyment in attempting a lie-in or a nap, but it certainly feels like I get the most possible out of the day.

It's the best time of the day, before the rest of the world gets up and starts running its yap.

Ever since my shifts started requiring me to get up early, I'm up early every weekend now as well and prefer it. Even though my Saturdays just involve getting up, drinking tea, eating breakfast, going out to swear at Newcastle and stumbling in drunk, it feels like I've accomplished more because I've spent 18 hours of the day awake.

When the rare opportunity for a lie in crops up, the Mrs and I never take advantage. If the kids have been shipped off to her parents overnight, we'll get giddy with excitement, go out on a rare night out and end up having a stupidly late night then a broken, dehydrated night sleep and inevitably waking at 7am like clockwork, unable to go back to sleep and racked with self loathing.

I have, on the other hand, become a bit of a master of grabbing a weekend daytime power nap. I can pass out on the sofa in broad daylight, with the kids making all kinds of noise. Never would have been able to do that in the past but that's what permanent fatigue does to you.

It's also a constant source of bickering. The wife and I are both convinced that we're always the ones who have had less sleep. Sleep wars, basically.

I've taken two days off to use holidays before I lose them, nowt to do but play xbox and buy puppy gear. Still woke up at half 6.

I didn't sign up to be conditioned by my work, its bullshit. Used to love a lie in. Kitchen is sparkling though so swings and roundabouts.