General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

defending "your woman" by hitting someone is about as tragic as you get. chris rock is smaller than him and highly unlikely to retaliate anyway given the situation.

and you don't need essembee to tell you it's cowardly to sucker punch (slap) someone then turn your back and quickly walk away. 

he could have made a statement on stage or after the event - even heckling would have been more dignified. he tried to play the macho hero, but only succeeded in making himself look like a juvenile tit in front of a global audience. 

• Like 2

I don’t know if it’s before or after he received his award for best actor but it’s hilarious that it’s completely overshadowed it

I keep reading that they have rehearsals of the whole event, right down to the lines being delivered - so if Smith let it fly in rehearsal, why is he making a fuss now. Also, he's fucking laughing himself (Jada looks pissed though) - then we get a cut away briefly and suddenly he's storming up on stage? It's as if he takes one look at her, sees that he's sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future, and decides to go all in on Rock as a way of smoothing it over :lol: 

I really like Will Smith as an actor, it's actually pretty disappointing to see him behave like this. I thought Rock handled it well, there must have been some urge to thrown down verbally or even physically. I'd have expected him to be needling Smith the rest of the night about that tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Pinkettsmith, what a cracking name. Sounds like she comes from a long line of Pokemon creators.  

Always makes me think of Pinkie and Cubitt out of Brighton Rock 

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

WTF

Idk what to tell you - maybe I have no taste but he's generally been in roles that make me smile; find it difficult not to like the guy.

57 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I keep reading that they have rehearsals of the whole event, right down to the lines being delivered - so if Smith let it fly in rehearsal, why is he making a fuss now. Also, he's fucking laughing himself (Jada looks pissed though) - then we get a cut away briefly and suddenly he's storming up on stage? It's as if he takes one look at her, sees that he's sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future, and decides to go all in on Rock as a way of smoothing it over :lol: 

I really like Will Smith as an actor, it's actually pretty disappointing to see him behave like this. I thought Rock handled it well, there must have been some urge to thrown down verbally or even physically. I'd have expected him to be needling Smith the rest of the night about that tbh.

Maybe he caught a glimpse of himself laughing at the joke and didn't like what he saw reflected off her BIG BALD BONCE?

Whassup, come at me Fresh Prince! We can get Wickety Wickety Wild Wild West up in here.

The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

I've just realised that Chris Rock WASN'T presenting and was just doing one award. So Smith couldn't have assumed that it might become a theme of the night which was my previous possible justification for his actions.

OMG GUYS I THINK I'M OFFICIALLY #TEAMROCK! 

• Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've just realised that Chris Rock WASN'T presenting and was just doing one award. So Smith couldn't have assumed that it might become a theme of the night which was my previous possible justification for his actions.

OMG GUYS I THINK I'M OFFICIALLY #TEAMROCK! 

13 hours ago, sammynb said:

TBF if I was a documentary maker up for an award, I'd be more pissed off that Chris Rock was presenting it!

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Summer of Soul looks class btw. I assume that’s the award he was presenting 

Yes it was for best documentary.

On the summer of soul, anyone watched American Soul, series about Soul Train? It's a decent watch if you like music in general.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Fish said:

Maybe he caught a glimpse of himself laughing at the joke and didn't like what he saw reflected off her BIG BALD BONCE?

Whassup, come at me Fresh Prince! We can get Wickety Wickety Wild Wild West up in here.

The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Reaction GIF

Comedy Dave is back

• Haha 3

I saw something in Reddit (which I doubt is news to most but was to me) whereby Will Smith and his wife did this face to face on tv where she’s basically justifying having an affair with someone else and he’s just sat there kind of taking it. What’s weird is she’s kind of playing the victim in a manipulative sociopath kind of way. I’m not sure what made either of them think it was a good idea (beyond their egos maybe). I knew there was loads of rumours about her sleeping around behind his back but I didn’t realise she’d admitted it in public. She’s obviously got him wrapped round her finger hence his overreaction after she gave him ‘the look’. 

• Like 3

I was listening to a podcast this morning and the lad on there was saying he heard an interview with Will Smith on a podcast called Fresh Air recently. He reckons his reaction listening to it was "Will Smith is not doing well". You wouldn't be if your wife is openly humping other blokes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was listening to a podcast this morning and the lad on there was saying he heard an interview with Will Smith on a podcast called Fresh Air recently. He reckons his reaction listening to it was "Will Smith is not doing well". You wouldn't be if your wife is openly humping other blokes. 

Wouldn't you just divorce her (I mean, you would know ;)). I mean, I can get why normal middle aged blokes with families might be reluctant to divorce - access to kids, financial issues, loneliness etc, but I think Will Smith is canny sorted for these things and will be fairly eligible. It's not like Hollywood is famous for long-lasting marriages. 

• Like 1