General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

30 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I have a neighbor that hit four cars two days ago. We live less than a half mile away from the local pub. 

A friend is in prison. She was involved in a hit and run with a motorcyclist that killed him. His helmet stuck inside her passenger window. She drove home and got a second vehicle and returned to the scene to pretend she was a good samaritan. Her sentence was 20 years and by default her husband was deported back to Guatemala.

My mother has been arrested three times for driving drunk. One time after a wreck. I still have two significant scars on my face from it. 

I do not get behind the wheel if I have had one.

My experience living over there is that Americans are really lax about drink driving. 

We would go on work nights out and multiple people would drink and drive, and be giving other people lifts home and there was ZERO judgement. It was just the thing people did. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My experience living over there is that Americans are really lax about drink driving. 

We would go on work nights out and multiple people would drink and drive, and be giving other people lifts home and there was ZERO judgement. It was just the thing people did. 

Similar over here in comparison to the UK at least, people, especially the generation slightly older than myself and upwards are definitely less bothered about it.

Policing wise they do actually set up checkpoints on major holidays and things where you're stopped and beathalysed.

Honestly though the standard of driving (especially in christchurch) is fucking dogshit anyway, not a day goes by where I don't see someone do something illegal/mental/downright dangerous if I drive anywhere further than 5 minutes.

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

Honestly though the standard of driving (especially in christchurch) is fucking dogshit anyway, not a day goes by where I don't see someone do something illegal/mental/downright dangerous if I drive anywhere further than 5 minutes.

Same in Perth :aussie: :blind:

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye. Every hour. Yes, hour! There is a death here caused by this.

"I am still good. I know my limit."

Fuck off!

12 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I have a neighbor that hit four cars two days ago. We live less than a half mile away from the local pub. 

A friend is in prison. She was involved in a hit and run with a motorcyclist that killed him. His helmet stuck inside her passenger window. She drove home and got a second vehicle and returned to the scene to pretend she was a good samaritan. Her sentence was 20 years and by default her husband was deported back to Guatemala.

My mother has been arrested three times for driving drunk. One time after a wreck. I still have two significant scars on my face from it. 

I do not get behind the wheel if I have had one.

Growing up my best mate was killed by a drink driver at 12 years old.  It's haunted me ever since.  I have never got behind the wheel after a drink as a result.  I just couldn't live with myself.

I was having Sunday dinner on mothers day in a local pub with my wife and friend.  Non of us were drinking alcohol.  A table next to us had a big family on.  Every single one of them were drinking.  One bloke had c4 pints and a glass of Champagne to celebrate mothers day.  He must have been mid 60s.  I went outside to make a call, they all came out, he got in the car and drove.  I couldn't give a flying fuck, but the next call I made to was the Police.  I hope the cunt got pulled and is now getting his arse hole rimmed out.  Why the fuck is it so difficult not to booze and drive?

• Like 3

Prefer to avoid alcohol completely if I'm driving. I did have a pint on a family celebration a few weeks back but knew I had a 3 hour break before getting behind the wheel. That was unusual for me but really fancied a cold lager. 

I do worry.about driving the next day. Nowadays that's another thing I avoid, but I remember in the old days driving to work at Safeways for the 6am start, I must have been over the limit. Got away with it but now I see I was an idiot in retrospect. 

• Like 2

Used to know a fella that lived there (next to KK’s place when he was a player). My uncle worked for him. Anyway, he got a tennis court built basically just to keep up with the Joneses. He didn’t even fucking play tennis :lol: 

• Haha 3

Currently got what looks a stray staffy in my gaff. Found him mooching around on his own, no lead/collar.

Tried the council dog warden no fucking use, dogs trust don’t take in strays off the street apparently.

Im taking him to an emergency vet to see if he is chipped, if not there is an out of hours holding cell I can drop him at after 7pm I think.

He’s a nice dog and I might keep him if no owner is found.

• Like 3

I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy.  

However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.

As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced. My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.

Twitter has extraordinary potential.  I will unlock it.

It's an expensive way to defend 'free speech'.

• Like 1

i know he's the richest man in the world but most of his wealth is tied up in his overvalued companies. where is he going to find $43bn in cash? can't decide whether this is a wind up for the bantz. even the bid of $54.20 a share has a weed reference in it 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I say we let him do it and then all switch to another platform.

Also, the mistake he (and those rushing to say what a wonderful idea this is) made is confusing 'free speech' with "Saying whatever vile bullshit I like without consequence".

They don't really want Twitter, they want Parler and Gettr to be successful, which they won't be. They want 'free speech' to be for people who think and talk and look and vote like them.