General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Allegedly Rock has previous with Smith's wife.

This is not the first time Rock has brought up Pinkett-Smith at the Oscars. In 2016, the last time Rock hosted the ceremony, he said: “Jada Pinkett Smith boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties – I wasn’t invited!”

TBF if I was a documentary maker up for an award, I'd be more pissed off that Chris Rock was presenting it!

Btw I know these are bellends and I know that no one should give a shit about the Oscars, but it's the first time in a month that the top story has been something fucking hilarious happening, and it beats talking about the war on a loop. SO I'M GONNA TALK ABOUT IT. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I should add if the comedian was comedy dave all bets are off

"Any baldies in the audience? I love baldies, me. What's the definition of an arsehole? Telly Savvalas with a centre parting. I'm here all week, folks, English tapas at the bar, 3 for $10."

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 9

Not a funny joke, but anyone rushing the stage to slap the comedian just because your wife's feelings got hurt, is moronic. 

Nobody is the victim here, and everyone's an arsehole.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not a funny joke, but anyone rushing the stage to slap the comedian just because your wife's feelings got hurt, is moronic. 

Nobody is the victim here, and everyone's an arsehole.

Show me a comedian who can control the reaction of their audience? Especially if the joke is on one of the audience members? You're right,  but surely any comic ultimately runs this risk?..

Edited by PaddockLad

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Show me a comedian who can control the reaction of their audience? Especially if the joke is on one of the audience members? You're right,  but surely any comic ultimately runs this risk?..

It's a risk upstairs in a pub, or maybe a Jongleurs, but the Oscars? The most corporate of corporate gigs, booze isn't exactly flowing as it is at Nottingham's Glee club. Chris Rock made a weak joke about Jada Pinket-Smith being bald, not that she's sleeping around (which she is, allegedly). The risk was infinitesimally small, and the reaction was way over the top. Gervais has said way worse and been heralded as some kind of brave genius.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's a risk upstairs in a pub, or maybe a Jongleurs, but the Oscars? The most corporate of corporate gigs, booze isn't exactly flowing as it is at Nottingham's Glee club. Chris Rock made a weak joke about Jada Pinket-Smith being bald, not that she's sleeping around (which she is, allegedly). The risk was infinitesimally small, and the reaction was way over the top. Gervais has said way worse and been heralded as some kind of brave genius.  

Yeah thats all fair..I think maybe the other side of that coin is how many people were watching some comic take the piss out of his missus? 100 people at a comedy club is bad.....umpteem million is another universe..

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah thats all fair..I think maybe the other side of that coin is how many people were watching some comic take the piss out of his missus? 100 people at a comedy club is bad.....umpteem million is another universe..

True, but then that umpteen million will be watching you make a total tit of yourself if you get up on stage and have a hissy fit.

Like I said, nobody is coming out of this well (Ryan Gosling aside). But Smith slapping a comic, saying God and Love made him do it, then getting applause and comforted is ridiculous. If Smith did that at the Stand, he's getting kicked out, and perhaps charged.

What I think is important though, is that we should wait until we hear what side of the argument Piers Morgan settles on. Once that's decided we can be assured that the other side is the right one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I honestly couldn't give a shit what the ultra-privileged Hollywood hypocrite circle jerk cunts say or do. Hate the Oscars and all these award ceremonies. Get to fuck man.  

No, you're wrong. Sally Bundock on BBC news this morning said everyone was talking about the Oscars. :lol: (Why do the media, news in this case, come out with this kind of blatant bullshit?)

• Haha 1

Loving how this has totally split opinion btw :lol:

I still stand by my original reaction that at 50 you should be capable of managing a comedian cracking a joke at your wife's expense without having to assault him. There are things that warrant getting a slap. Not sure that was one of them 

• Like 1

Aye he’s made a total show of himself. He’d have been better off having a word off camera.

Imagine walking up to a man in front of millions of people and slapping him like a scorned fish wife. If you’re gonna make a show of yourself at least spark him out :lol: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Fish said:

True, but then that umpteen million will be watching you make a total tit of yourself if you get up on stage and have a hissy fit.

Like I said, nobody is coming out of this well (Ryan Gosling aside). But Smith slapping a comic, saying God and Love made him do it, then getting applause and comforted is ridiculous. If Smith did that at the Stand, he's getting kicked out, and perhaps charged.

What I think is important though, is that we should wait until we hear what side of the argument Piers Morgan settles on. Once that's decided we can be assured that the other side is the right one.

There are 20 semi regular posters on here I'd rather hear from than Morgan on any subject tbh :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

There are 20 semi regular posters on here I'd rather hear from than Morgan on any subject tbh :cuppa:

Good post. Remember where you heard it first. 

• Haha 3

On 23/03/2022 at 14:25, The Fish said:

Last year my Dad had a couple of falls. Doctors were at a loss as to the cause and he was comparatively fit and healthy so aside from doing tests and scans were happy for him to carry on as normal. He had a seizure this morning, got whisked off to hospital in the ambulance, had another seizure while waiting to be seen. Thankfully because he was surrounded by medical professionals they were able to immediately diagnose it as an epileptic fit. 

So, 76yr old, never had a problem before, now he can't drive, he'll miss out on this amazing holiday (for the time being at least) and will have to deal with whatever treatments/medications he'll need to manage this. 

Anyone know anything about epilepsy? Can it suddenly appear, or has he always had it? Is it exacerbated by having an heroic son?

Sorry to hear this Fish

I am epileptic and have been from birth.  Mine is controlled by meds.  I went 17 years without a seizure off meds and all good.  Then stress brought it back.  I am on mild meds and all is good.  It can come at anytime and hopefully they get him sorted. 

If the CT scan and EEG (assuming he's had them) have come back fine, fingers crossed they can get it controlled by drugs.

• Like 1