General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

sounds like you’ve gone through the mixer there mate. I’m not sure how I’d handle him being bullied. It’s my worst nightmare.

it will happen at most kids at some point mate, i'm afraid to say. 

however, it is character building. kids are little shits to each other. my kid learned some pretty tough life lessons at a young age. you don't keep going back to the kids who are horrible to you, even if it means you're an outcast for a bit. if you keep going back to the little shits who give you a hard time, they hold all the power, you become a victim and an easy target. things improved immeasurably for my boy as soon as the penny dropped

• Like 1

My two both had periods in the junior school where they weren't really playing with many kids so I totally get the frustration, it's horrible and there's nothing you can really do or anyone you can blame. It just needs a bit of time, a word with the teachers to make sure they're involved in stuff and I'm sure it'll fall into place. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

If you still use cash, check your change. I got 50 pence change from Sainsbury and it looked odd, with Charlie boy's head on it. Checked and its worth £100!

Slippery slope this man. I worked with a guy a while back who was into collectable coins and metal detecting. Cunt obsessed over checking every single 2p coin in the hope he'd find one from the year that they changed from reading "two pence" to "new pence" (or vice versa) with the old lettering.

Carry on down this path and before you know it you'll be meeting up folk like CT in a field with your metal detectors on the weekends. 

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Slippery slope this man. I worked with a guy a while back who was into collectable coins and metal detecting. Cunt obsessed over checking every single 2p coin in the hope he'd find one from the year that they changed from reading "two pence" to "new pence" (or vice versa) with the old lettering.

Carry on down this path and before you know it you'll be meeting up folk like CT in a field with your metal detectors on the weekends. 

Very good point tbf. You don't know where this behaviour can lead. One minute your celebrating a minor windfall in sainsbury's, next you're buying creme eggs in bulk from Macro and peeling them in the hope of finding a white chocolate one. 

• Haha 9

Urgh this weather. It's not so much the gale force winds, it's the lengh of time they go on for nowadays that gets me. We're forecast 36 hours of winds over 50 knots/hour here on the coast, no respite. I don't recall storms lasting this long in the good old days. Convinced one day these sycamores at the back of the house will come down and do serious damage or worse (already had branches come down which could seriously hurt anyone underneath them), but the council won't touch them. Might get my chainsaw out and do the job for them. :whistling:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Urgh this weather. It's not so much the gale force winds, it's the lengh of time they go on for nowadays that gets me. We're forecast 36 hours of winds over 50 knots/hour here on the coast, no respite. I don't recall storms lasting this long in the good old days. Convinced one day these sycamores at the back of the house will come down and do serious damage or worse (already had branches come down which could seriously hurt anyone underneath them), but the council won't touch them. Might get my chainsaw out and do the job for them. :whistling:

aob4asw3z2321.jpg

• Haha 4