General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Aye. Early days. Sometimes vacancies are advertised as external but they've already got someone in mind so it doesn't really matter how you've performed. Getting an interview is a good sign. Also it's really not a great time of year for this, things will probably pick up in the New year. Good luck and try not to let it get you down (easier said than done I know). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had an interview for my dream job a couple of years ago as it happens. Interview was going brilliantly, proper rapport for 45 minutes, then I got a final question on the one part of the job I'd neglected to think about and I was fucked. They tried for 15 minutes to coax me into giving the right answer and getting me over the line but I just couldn't work out what they needed to hear. Didn't get the job, then cos of personal reasons I didn't get any feedback. Still bugs me what the answer to that question was.

WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION!!???

• Sad 1

To be fair, in one of the interviews I felt I did really well in I did an impression of my ex-German gaffer so maybe that didn't help? Also the lad was probably feeling like a gooseberry as his female colleague was flirting outrageously with me. When she asked what my greatest strength was I asked the lad to leave the room so I could show her. ;)

(Some of the above is true and some of us false). 

• Haha 8

Had something surreal happen earlier this morning. Two lads I know have been commissioned to do a two murals. One of them was up on the lift with a small space heater to keep his spray cans and himself warm. All of sudden one of the cans burst into flames and exploded. Followed by the rest of them. Granted he was shaken and is now taking the rest of the day off.

IMG-20231202-152428-HDR.jpg

I sold some old cycle gear on the clubs FB group the other week.  Someone wanted to pay cash. No problems.  I got the cash and since then it's been on the side. I cannot remember when I paid cash for something.  

Anyways, last week went for a bite to eat after work with Mrs Wilson, errr I mean my Mrs.  I thought I could use the cash, no card only.  No problem.  

Last night I was on FB looking at the club group and whilst browsing I saw a pop up for Yorkshire Post and how Greggs is helping keep a cash society.  I read the comments, fuck me.  People are convinced that the government want to use Cards to control us just like in China.  What a fucked up bunch of fucking loons.  Yet these cunts are allowed to vote!  Have kids etc.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

The cashless society tinfoil hat brigade are very real, yes. Mind you, if Parky was still around/alive, I'm sure he'd be one of them. :lol:  

If he is/was still alive, I assume the IDF/Mossad will be using the current circumstances to hunt him down and finally deal with him...

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I sold some old cycle gear on the clubs FB group the other week.  Someone wanted to pay cash. No problems.  I got the cash and since then it's been on the side. I cannot remember when I paid cash for something.  

Anyways, last week went for a bite to eat after work with Mrs Wilson, errr I mean my Mrs.  I thought I could use the cash, no card only.  No problem.  

Last night I was on FB looking at the club group and whilst browsing I saw a pop up for Yorkshire Post and how Greggs is helping keep a cash society.  I read the comments, fuck me.  People are convinced that the government want to use Cards to control us just like in China.  What a fucked up bunch of fucking loons.  Yet these cunts are allowed to vote!  Have kids etc.

First Half GIF

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Start every news programme like this imo.

Start every programme like this to be honest. Antiques Roadshow would be much more entertaining.

Points of View opening with the presenter flipping a double bird would be fucking excellent. What a way to let the Karen's know that no-one gives a fuck about their shitty opinions on Eastenders.

Mrs. F. just came in to the kitchen where I’m cooking a late curry.  

“ Have you seen what came today?” , she says , holding a Dart Crossing pelanty charge notice. 
From when we came home from Bruges in August. 
Proceeds to regale me with the appalling standard of customer service when she rang to query it, yadda yadda. 

“What are you smiling at?”says La Fist?

“ I distinctly remember me saying to you, as we came over the bridge, ‘pay that now pet, or we’ll just forget and get a shitty charge later’ and you taking out your phone, fannying on with it for a minute or two, and then saying “Done”

Mrs.F, indignant …

8437sr.gif

Me, laughing my keks off…

you-lying-bitch.gif

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F. just came in to the kitchen where I’m cooking a late curry.  

“ Have you seen what came today?” , she says , holding a Dart Crossing pelanty charge notice. 
From when we came home from Bruges in August. 
Proceeds to regale me with the appalling standard of customer service when she rang to query it, yadda yadda. 

“What are you smiling at?”says La Fist?

“ I distinctly remember me saying to you, as we came over the bridge, ‘pay that now pet, or we’ll just forget and get a shitty charge later’ and you taking out your phone, fannying on with it for a minute or two, and then saying “Done”

Mrs.F, indignant …

8437sr.gif

Me, laughing my keks off…

you-lying-bitch.gif

:lol:

Good luck. Nice knowing you. 🙂 Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We've got our mortgage split evenly across 2 loans, each with different fixed rate ending dates. One of the fixed rates ends in May.

Anyone know how I work out the LTV when I'm only renewing half of the mortgage?  

It should just be size of loan divided by half the house value, I think. Can't think of another way you would do it.

Welcome to a world of pain anyway.

Mine is half tracker, half fixed (for 2 more years I think). 14 successive rises on the former, about 500 quid per month I think in total. 6k a year ffs.on top of energy and food. Got credit card debts as well, honestly never felt poorer*.

* Realise these are first world problems for me, there are the nice things I can cut out or reduce. A lot of people with mortgages are going to be fucked rhough when they negotiate their next deal. Thanks Liz.