General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Unless you're absolutely loaded and can throw around money for fun, buying an Audi is just a massive no. 

Middle class folks looking to upgrade a little bit but don't have spare money to waste every month? Your only answer is a Lexus. A bit boring aye but they drive nice and won't be burning holes in your pocket. 

And that's pretty much all I know about cars. Since Renton has used the words Audi and reliable in the same sentence here I feel safe saying pretty much anything knowing full well there's no chance of it being the worst take :D 

Changed mine back in late February. Contemplated a Tesla for all of about 5 minutes before coming to the conclusion the only redeeming feature for me was the farting indicators (if you know, you know) but i reckon that novelty would soon wear off.

Also the fact I don't own my own place meant I could either fork out a shit-tonne on a charge point that my landlord would benefit long term from, or survive on trickle-charge made it even less appealing. 

In the end I went for a petrol A-Class. Seems a nice car.

44 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Unless you're absolutely loaded and can throw around money for fun, buying an Audi is just a massive no. 

Middle class folks looking to upgrade a little bit but don't have spare money to waste every month? Your only answer is a Lexus. A bit boring aye but they drive nice and won't be burning holes in your pocket. 

And that's pretty much all I know about cars. Since Renton has used the words Audi and reliable in the same sentence here I feel safe saying pretty much anything knowing full well there's no chance of it being the worst take :D 

It’s the Japanese Mercedes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is outrageous for a visiting fan....  LondonBlue has earned 10 of 14 ranks, and is in the top 18% of all members! ...You all need to up your game !!!

30 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

This is outrageous for a visiting fan....  LondonBlue has earned 10 of 14 ranks, and is in the top 18% of all members! ...You all need to up your game !!!

I think you have miss understood why visiting fans are called "members"   😂

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Build issues aside, the Tesla has been the best car I've owned. 0-60 in 4s, 300ml range, TV you can watch Netflix on, Spotify integration etc. 

Erm no, it’s supposed to be a car, an extremely expensive one at that.

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

We’ve got about 1,500 inactive members 👍🏻 ;) 

Short reviews of cars I've owned 

Rover 200 - pile of shit that my mother had driven for years. I'm glad I crashed it.

BMW 1 series - absolute fucking money pit, ended up getting £900 off a garage who just wanted the parts.

Kia Ceed - perfectly fine hatchback, cheap to run, cheap to insure, 7 year warranty, would have kept it but salesman was a total cunt.

VW Polo - yeah, fine I guess. 

Caring about cars must come in your 50s, I suppose?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

combined with about 15 active ones 

…on a busy day 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Rover 200 - pile of shit that my mother had driven for years. I'm glad I crashed it.

BMW 1 series - absolute fucking money pit, ended up getting £900 off a garage who just wanted the parts.

Kia Ceed - perfectly fine hatchback, cheap to run, cheap to insure, 7 year warranty, would have kept it but salesman was a total cunt.

The opposite I'd say, younger lads are most into cars. Contrary to what's been said, I don't really give a shit about cars, which is why I've had the same model for 20 years, pure familiarity so I don't have to relearn any controls. I just want something that works and gets you from A to B without breaking down. Last two cars failed on this count unfortunately. Suppose Japanese cars are the answer although they are canny ugly. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno, I've always been into cars to an extent, though I mostly keep that to myself, never been entirely willing to get into it as a money pit of a hobby though. Got enough of those already.

Renault Clio - typical first car, one of the suspension springs shattered into bits going over a speed bump once and all of its electrics failed

Kia Picanto - Slow as balls but reliably ate up miles when I had a long commute

Abarth 500 - Favourite car I ever owned, fucking brilliant, quite want to get another one

Peugeot 308 GT - Dash was shit, no physical buttons but a slow as fuck operating system/touch screen

Honda Fit - Moved to New Zealand, needed a car, wife drives this now

Nissan Fuga - Never even heard of these before moving out here, its big, its fast, it makes a great noise and since its an import theres a Japanese woman in the dash who yells at me occasionally. Brilliant.

• Haha 5

Mrs B and me are so uninterested in cars that after years of driving shitbox Renault's with hilarious electrical issues we recently decided "fuck it, enough is enough" and ordered a Dacia, Renault's budget "sister" brand.

Looking forward to many more years of "when did the wipers stop working?" "Front wipers are fine but only work when the windshield fan is off and the child lock is on. Rear wiper is temperamental but usially springs to life after you indicate left a few times"

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nope. 

Aye. Got loads of lads in their forties taking about their motors at work. 

I couldn’t give a toss to be honest. The way the mrs drives (and generally looks after it) there would be no point in getting anything nice anyway.

• Haha 2

The wife is more into cars than me to be honest. 

She was the one who advised I go for a 'better' brand for the BMW, arguing that while the car and the parts may cost more they wouldn't break as often. Well I spent north of £3k on fixing that and absolutely zero fixing the Kia, she can stick her car advice up her jacksie.

• Haha 1

My wife's a petrol head.  She turns into a bit of a cunt when driving.  Mind you she gets that from her parents.

I'd be happy with a Berlingo tbh.  A car's a car.

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Not sure i'm gonna like the answer to this but... where do i rank in the none Newcastle United  supporting members?