• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monkeys Fist

• Gemmill

• The Fish

• Christmas Tree

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo kiddiewinks. It’s just gone 3am but it feels like 2am. If you have any old-fashioned clocks in your households from the early days of the forum then please adjust them accordingly. And can you clea

Hi lads just a quick update about Master T we were allowed to visit him in the mental hospital at Ryhope yesterday it's the first time we've seen him in 6 days. He was allowed to go to the local Asda

Peaky blinders isn’t a tv show, it’s a sounding horn to allow people to spot cunts when they start wearing tweed and flat caps.

Posted Images

Who with, Prince Phillip?

That would be like a  battle of the walking dead with those two!

Yes I realise we are talking different rounds!

Edited by sammynb
3 hours ago, Alex said:

The Pogues were plastic paddies making (mostly) shite music tbh 

You fail to realise the significance of immigrant/diaspora communities keeping the traditional music of their homelands alive. If you want to hear traditional 18tj/19th century  English fiddle music being played you'll need to go to  Appalachia :cuppa:

The Pogues in their heyday were an utterly magnificent band :huff:

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let's resolve this with duelling banjos. 

More likely a lute and tin whistle!

And the Pogues were only decent when Joe Strummer sung for them for that 10 minutes or so.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

More likely a lute and tin whistle!

And the Pogues were only decent when Joe Strummer sung for them for that 10 minutes or so.

I saw that tour, early 1992 in Edinburgh. And you're wrong. Not that Strummer wasn't very decent . But you're still wrong.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I saw that tour, early 1992 in Edinburgh. And you're wrong. Not that Strummer wasn't very decent . But you're still wrong.

Strummer's voice was funny, perfectly built for the Clash songs but anything where he had to actually hold a tune he didn't have much.

Saw him here in Sydney about six months before he died when he toured his solo stuff with the Mescalairos.

Steve Kilbey of the Church is the same can sing his own stuff but can't hold a tune for toffee and always wants to be part of those tribute shows!!!

@PaddockLad Next you're going to tell me New Model Army were terrible live, aren't you or did not having a lute stop you from seeing them :icon_lol:

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Strummer's voice was funny, perfectly built for the Clash songs but anything where he had to actually hold a tune he didn't have much.

Saw him here in Sydney about six months before he died when he toured his solo stuff with the Mescalairos.

Steve Kilbey of the Church is the same can sing his own stuff but can't hold a tune for toffee and always wants to be part of those tribute shows!!!

@PaddockLad Next you're going to tell me New Model Army were terrible live, aren't you or did not having a lute stop you from seeing them :icon_lol:

NMA=greebo bollock merchants. Heard one of their songs. Once. 37 years ago . Next? :D

• Haha 1
Just now, PaddockLad said:

Paging @Monkeys Fist 

After a weekend of top level talks I can announce I’ve signed up to the fuckin bastard 3 Peaks Challenge at the end of June :cuppa: 

My dad did that when I was a kid, went on a load of the prep/training walks with him, of which I have very fond memories.

Is there a particular cause you're supporting?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

My dad did that when I was a kid, went on a load of the prep/training walks with him, of which I have very fond memories.

Is there a particular cause you're supporting?

Yeah our mate’s partner died a couple of years back, she had an incredibly rare blood condition for over a decade. I’m not sure what it was called but he’s been in touch with the association that represents sufferers and we’re going to do it for them. 

• Like 1

Turns out you'll be doing FOUR peaks if you include the PEAK OF FUCKING IRONY that you got an early vaccination a month before this announcement. Absolutely outrageous. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Turns out you'll be doing FOUR peaks if you include the PEAK OF FUCKING IRONY that you got an early vaccination a month before this announcement. Absolutely outrageous. 

9th January I got my first jab mate. 2nd confirmed only this morning as 3rd April :good: 

Isn’t that great news? :) 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Alex said:

Yorkshire 3 peaks or Scafell Pike / Snowdon / Ben Nevis? (Not that I’ve done either like) 

Old Skool  Nevis/Pike/Snowdon........we were thinking of doing a guided organised thing you have to pay for, but we’re now organising it ourselves mostly due to one of our mates being the youngest serviceman to fight in the Falklands war; he did his Royal Marines Commando basic  training after joining at 17 and was sent straight there...needless to say, he’s team leader and will fuckin beast us :lol:  Then you’ve got Triathlon boy, 49 year old with a six pack that most teenage gym lads would be jealous of. Which leaves the rest of us, already being described as “cannon fodder”...

• Haha 1

I don’t envy the driver on those things because it would be a pain in the arse doing it and having to drive but, equally, dull as fuck just doing the driving and waiting around for hours. Scafell Pike from Wasdale Head isn’t that big a deal (it’s the only of the 3 I’ve done). I’ve done much tougher walks than that in the lakes. Should be fantastic if you get a nice day for it

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1