General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

CT, did you get my reply to your pm in which I told you about 10 other people were onto me first? ;)

Edited by Hank

CT, did you get my reply to your pm in which I told you about 10 other people were onto my first? ;)

I got the reply that said 10 other people were onto you first mainly because ....."The user name and avatar was a big giveaway". Not a reference I get btw.

I however, sussed it out purely on the language you used so I think I still deserve a star. Quite happy to settle for silver if not gold. :)

This could be an interesting forum game of hide and seek.

Each week someones user name is changed by a mod and the first one to recognise the poster is the winner.

Paul Wynn would be the easiest to find, he'd be the one in the creche.

(Allegedly!)

I just got a letter from Barclays that reads as follows:

Hello Mr Meenzer,

Yes.

Kind regards,

Paul McWeeney

Head of Consumer Sales and Service

:huh:

Newcastle is apparently in Scotland...

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/18612

Holiday Firm Insists Newcastle Is In Scotland

By Adrian Hogg and Niamh Anderson, Deadline News Location: Newcastle, England!

1326384942.jpg

Geordies will have to start digging out their black and white kilts after a budget travel company moved their home city to Scotland.

Far from apologising for their error, when a customer pointed out the mistake, Lowcostholidays insisted they were right.

Ironically it was a Scotsman who first spotted the error and took exception to the company assuming Newcastle was in a list of Great Gaelic Cities.

So incensed was Jamie O'Neill by the imagined Geordie invasion that he penned them a letter pointing out the mistake.

But what Jamie did not expect was a letter back from the low-cost site, insisting that Newcastle really is north of the Border.

In a letter entitled 'Newcastle isn't in Scotland' Jamie told Lowcostholidays customer care of their mistake.

But in an email sent back to the bemused traveller employee Rajesh Bangera, perhaps imagining that Hadrian's Wall had something to do with the dividing line, replied: "Good Afternoon. Thank you for your email. Newcastle is indeed in Scotland."

He continued: "Please feel free to contact us for further assistance, regards, Rajesh Bangera."

An exasperated Jamie took to Twitter to post an image of the letter.

On his Twitter page, he said: "Lowcostholidays kept telling me Newcastle airport was in Scotland so I emailed them to let them know. They disagreed."

He then added an image of the letter, much to the delight of his friends and followers.

One follower, Thomas McCuddon replied: "Their map of Scotland was obviously used by Bonnie Prince Charlie circa 1744."

To which Jamie replied: "Don't quote me on this, but I don't think Newcastle airport was plotted on that map."

Newcastle Airport then joined in the ribbing, tweeting Jamie: "Last time we checked Scotland was about 40 miles away. We'll look into it and get back to you."

They added in a deadpan tweet a few minutes later: “We checked. We're definitely not in Scotland."

On the travel website, the company state: "At lowcostholidays.com we don't believe in package holidays, instead we tailor each of our cheap holidays to your needs. We have an excellent range of cheap hotels and flights to make your 2012 holiday perfect."

Anyone here ever been to the lengths of complaining to a Human Resources department about your boss? I've just wrote a 3 page letter about how I'm being bullied :lol: Don't get me wrong, he does try so my letter is justified, but it feels a bit wrong because I usually ridicule his efforts to intimidate me - making him hate me more. Anyway got a verbal today for being off sick and not ringing in (i actually rang the old number and didn't know it'd changed!) so it's wound me up enough to go to town on him in this letter. Almost can't wait till monday

Anyone here ever been to the lengths of complaining to a Human Resources department about your boss? I've just wrote a 3 page letter about how I'm being bullied :lol: Don't get me wrong, he does try so my letter is justified, but it feels a bit wrong because I usually ridicule his efforts to intimidate me - making him hate me more. Anyway got a verbal today for being off sick and not ringing in (i actually rang the old number and didn't know it'd changed!) so it's wound me up enough to go to town on him in this letter. Almost can't wait till monday

No, I'm a man. :read:

;) In all honesty, never been bullied at work. Had plenty of shit bosses, but none of them had enough about them to be a bully. What's he been up to like? Oh and let us see this letter as well.

I just got a letter from Barclays that reads as follows:

:huh:

Knock up a letter requesting a 300k mortgage at 0.5% fixed for 10 years and see if you can wing it.

No, I'm a man. :read:

;) In all honesty, never been bullied at work. Had plenty of shit bosses, but none of them had enough about them to be a bully. What's he been up to like? Oh and let us see this letter as well.

Just being a general prick, trying to get me to work faster and threatening me with disciplinary action all the time! Think he knows I'll knack him like! I'm not posting the letter on here, it's a big company there's bound to be someone reading !