General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Provided the people on the number 56 bus in Gateshead with a right laugh tonight when said bus went fucking belting through a massive pool of standing water on Sheriff Hill tonight and soaked me through to my knickers as I was walking on the pavement.

I was 2 minutes away from work at the time and thankfully I don't change into my uniform til I get there else I'd have been in a right state for the rest of the night.

I had a combination of boredom and some down time yesterday, so I submitted a FOI request to my local council:

Hello,

I reside in Spencers Wood within the local borough of Wokingham, and have for the past 5 years seriously considered the implications of who I vote for and how their policies will affect the constituency in which I live. I have submitted my postal vote for my chosen candidate this week, and sincerely hope they win the local election. I feel it is important for younger voters such as myself to be involved in local elections.

Of course we vote in these elections to bring about change and an influx of policies that are designed to represent our safety and best interests. However I am concerned that not one of the candidates for my Borough have addressed the issue of potentially serious biological incident, a key concern of mine. I would have expected the local Green Party candidate at least to have had some thoughts on the matter, and as such will contact them too.

What concerns me is that less than 10 minutes walk from my house, The Society For General Microbiology is situated. I am not casting aspersions as to the safety of their research or business practices, however I would imagine their research could present possible risks, however implausible those may seem.

I am therefore interested to know, and cite the Freedom of Information Act when I ask: "In the event that a biological incident occurs in my Borough in which humans are infected with an unknown virus thereby rendering them into cannibalistic organisms that endanger the lives of myself and the other non-infected inhabitants; what measures will Wokingham Borough Council have in place to prevent the spread of the outbreak and deal with the problem? Also, in the event that the virus is also able to combat the advanced stages of death and therefore 're-animate' (sic) corpses, producing a horde of undead 'zombies' (sic), how will the Council address this problem?"

I have taken appropriate measures where I can if a zombie horde reaches my house - I have a supply of dehydrated food and canned goods that I could survive on, and plan to initially barricade myself in the house. However this is not a suitable long term solution. Since I have years of experience with zombie management in numerous simulations, I am aware of the potential need for organisation in times of crisis. If therefore Wokingham Borough Council would look to employ a task force to eliminate the zombies, or require a advisory consultant then I would be willing to put myself forward for consideration.

Many thanks for any clarity you may provide.

Yours sincerely,

Brock

I got a prompt response this morning:

Dear Mr. Manson,

Thank you for your FOI request and the response provided to you request is:

“This council does not plan for fictitious situations which to date medical science has not recognised and for events that HM Government has not placed on the national risk register.”

Kind regards

Albert Wesker (name changed for confidentiality reasons blah blah blah)

Freedom of Information

Wokingham Direct

:nuke:

How do people think this shit up let alone try and pass a law to allow it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Ou...

most people wish their loved ones goodbye when they die, in egypt the husband is allowed one last leg over if she is warm enough.

Ah well, time to look into Y-shaped coffins..

How do people think this shit up let alone try and pass a law to allow it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Ou...

most people wish their loved ones goodbye when they die, in egypt the husband is allowed one last leg over if she is warm enough.

Ah well, time to look into Y-shaped coffins..

Keep up man Salty!

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/32739-egypt-legalise-stiffies/page__view__findpost__p__1068883

After 7 years, that feels strangely liberating :)

Am I reading that you dug up a 7 years dead ex and had our wicked way after reading that Egyptian thing? :lol:

Am I reading that you dug up a 7 years dead ex and had our wicked way after reading that Egyptian thing? :lol:

is "strangely liberating" the term you would use to describe that activity?