General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

It's really striking how juvenile the language if the tabloids is, "farting" indeed. I read about Gus Poyet investigating "who did a poo" in the palace dressing room in the Sun at work. I know the readership isn't generally the brightest in the world but they're not five year olds. :lol:

The recent adoption of "poo" is one of my major annoyances - as you say very juvenile - as if use of faeces/defecate would be beyond people.

it would also provide the perfect response if someone did query the use of the proper terms - legitimate use of "you're as thick as shit".

Is it a widespread thing then?

(Well it is in the Palace dressing room anyway, but I mean linguistically!)

The bowel cancer ads and Embarrassing Bodies to name but two.

See also the cancer ads using "blood cancer" rather than Leukemia.

The bowel cancer ads and Embarrassing Bodies to name but two.

See also the cancer ads using "blood cancer" rather than Leukemia.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know what Leukaemia is though.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know what Leukaemia is though.

I'm never surprised how thick great numbers of the population are but I don't think dumbing things down helps - I might be idealistic but we should be trying to drag them up.

The recent adoption of "poo" is one of my major annoyances - as you say very juvenile - as if use of faeces/defecate would be beyond people.

it would also provide the perfect response if someone did query the use of the proper terms - legitimate use of "you're as thick as shit".

I blame this coprophagic little witch

sm-image-8-902155857.jpg

Dunno where some of our London based people live, but don't count on driving through Woolwich any time soon. Reports of two nutters killing a bloke with a machete, then being taken out by the police.

Just seen Prince Naseem Hamed on a SKY show with Gary Newbon. Fucking hell, he's piled the beef on in ten years.

naseem080906_411x600.jpg

66928c3fd8b4.jpg

looks like he's spent a month with CT

There's been a police helicopter hovering over the hospital for about an hour in the midst of a fucking mental storm. Wonder if we've got an escapee from the secure unit...

MF - you don't want to be doing your Spider-Man climbing up buildings thing today like :unsure: