General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I went out on Monday, had a few pints with my lass, had a reasonable nights sleep on the night time. Did some shopping late Tuesday morning, walked in to the bookies to put a bet on the football and I could feel myself drifting, everything seemed to be shaking. The next thing I know I'm thinking "for fuck saaaake." then I'm out like a lamp. 20 minutes later I wake up in an ambulance heading to hospital. I fell unconscious and hit a table and chair in Ladbrokes like a dead weight, the cunts in there thought I was dead apparently! 9 hours after that, various xrays and other brain tests, reveal that by all intents and purposes I should be really fit going off the readings, but no one knows why I blacked out. We're at four days later now, my legs and arms are tight as fuck, I've got a cut around and above my eye like something off the early Rocky films, I've obviously bitten my tongue because it's all over the place, numb as fuck and I'm speaking with a worse lisp than Chris Eubank and no one seems to know what the fuck happened.

hope you feel better, I have experienced things like this as well. with me it has turned out to be a drop in blood pressure, no one is sure why but it sounds the same as what you described. When in doubt,sit the fuck down, you may look strange sitting down in a random spot but you won't smack your head.

Edited by tooner

Were you going to put another bet on like you did for France to win the World Cup in 2002? If so, your brain might have taken over to protect your wallet. Hope you pull round soon, mate.

Wasn't that like 2006? Also you must have been about 15 then man. :lol:

Stevie's definitely mentioned that well after 2006.

It was the 2002 World Cup on France. They didn't even score a goal, I ended up in hospital then too. That was the last time I was admitted, must be something about World Cup for me.

Champion that mate.

I had it and still have it. I went several years with nothing and last year or so with a stressful workload and moving etc it casued it to come back. I had several months of having sezuires every other day or so, including one day where I had 3 in one day. Its stressful and very sapping on your energy. Things are improving and I have not had a sezuire for a couple of months now. Its one of the reasons why I cut down my activity on here.

Glad your daughters prospects are looking well mate. Fingers crossed :)

The Wife had a seizure last year, bairn obviously gets it from her, up until last year we had know idea she had it, she's not had one since. The bairns weren't seizures, she just went blank/switched off for about five to ten seconds before snapping out of it before she went on medication. They reckon lack of sleep, feeling a bit under the weather and especially alcohol probably brought it on where the Wife was concerned. The bairn can handle her pop. ;)

I went out on Monday, had a few pints with my lass, had a reasonable nights sleep on the night time. Did some shopping late Tuesday morning, walked in to the bookies to put a bet on the football and I could feel myself drifting, everything seemed to be shaking. The next thing I know I'm thinking "for fuck saaaake." then I'm out like a lamp. 20 minutes later I wake up in an ambulance heading to hospital. I fell unconscious and hit a table and chair in Ladbrokes like a dead weight, the cunts in there thought I was dead apparently! 9 hours after that, various xrays and other brain tests, reveal that by all intents and purposes I should be really fit going off the readings, but no one knows why I blacked out. We're at four days later now, my legs and arms are tight as fuck, I've got a cut around and above my eye like something off the early Rocky films, I've obviously bitten my tongue because it's all over the place, numb as fuck and I'm speaking with a worse lisp than Chris Eubank and no one seems to know what the fuck happened.

This happened to an old workmate. He'd been attacked years ago and had damage done to his head, (I'm sure he'd had a metal plate put in) but was perfectly fine and had been for nearly twenty years. On holiday he collapsed just like you and was off work for weeks. Like you they hadn't a clue what caused it but I think just put it down to a seizure. As far as I know it never happened again and when they were dealing with my Missus they did say many people who do have a seizure will only happen the one time.

hope you feel better, I have experienced things like this as well. with me it has turned out to be a drop in blood pressure, no one is sure why but it sounds the same as what you described. When in doubt,sit the fuck down, you may look strange sitting down in a random spot but you won't smack your head.

Aye that's a good plan, but the worrying thing is I'm always doing something physical, football, gym, 70 mile bike rides, I'm not going to lie it's knocked me for six.

Apparently Mrs Trooper had the full on epilepsy when she was very young (2) until she was 16 used to take epilum tablets the eldest daughter had the abscences one of the other daughters had the febrile fits they were scary if we could catch her in time it was a case of sponge her down with cool water try and bring her tempreture down. There's been a few times when ive broke the speed limit getting her up to A&E she seemed to grow out of it at about 13. She's all grown up with kids of her own who thankfully dont show any signs of epilepsy.

I'm in L'aaaahdan for a few days this week and I'm looking for pick up tickets to Black Sabbath at Hyde Park and I've been having a quick ebay and a lot of the tickets are 'digital delivery' i.e they send you the email of the ticket and you print it out.

Sounds a little dodgy to me, has anyone done this before?

Hmm there seems to be a lot of people doing it - with decent feedback too but I suppose it is dodgy practice. Basically I'm going to see Jack White and this is the next day. I don't want to pay the £75 per ticket face value so if I can't get them a bit cheaper I'll hit the indie circuit.

I can't in all good conscience go and see them without Bill Ward. I did see the proper line-up a few years ago and don't rally want go taint that memory.

I think it was more than I was in London anyway and It sounded like a pretty cool gig to go to - I don't think Motorhead were even on the line up when I first caught wind of it.

Soundgarden should be class , Wolfmother too - and of course Sabbath should be canny ragde. The record they released last year was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed the album but thought they tried a little bit too hard to recapture their very early sound.

The reviews of the tour suggest Ozzy is struggling a bit but overall they are still enjoyable.

I don't think Lemmy will know how to do anything else really. I'm not sure about how Ozzy will fare but on a version of the album there was bonus live track and it sounded canny good so wait and see - if they're shite - £35 and plenty other bands - I'd spend more just mooching about town I reckon.