General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just got back from a walking the dog with my daughter in the neighborhood. A few blocks away is place called the Eagles Lodge. It is basically a second home for bored, elderly folk. They have swap meets and a wrestling event twice a month. Tonight was the night of the wrasslin. As we are nearing the building we could see a fire truck, ambulance, and two vehicles for johnny law.

Seeing how we are both professional rubber-neckers we walked over to see what all of the commotion was about. Turns out two fans got into a confrontation inside the event. One told the other, "why don't you step outside with me."

Fast forward a bit. They tussle outside in the parking lot. One guy picked the other guy up and gorilla press slammed him into the pavement. Busted the lads face wide open and there was a large pool of blood.

What I did not understand though was why the authorities demanded the event stopped for the night. Did they think that the crowd was all going to brawl? One or two less rednecks could be seen as a positive, amirite?

My youngest Daughter was diagnosed with childhood absence epilepsy about three years ago. After an EEG today, following one last year, it looks like it might be gone as the last two never showed any real signs of activity. She's being weaned off medication from today and it should take about ten weeks to get her off it. Hopefully it's gone for for good and we wont see any 'blank' episodes which the medicine smothered. My fingers are well and truly crossed. :)

Nowt worse than woes with kids. Really happy for you and her.

Thanks folks, was told if you're going to get epilepsy this was the the version to get and once they got the dosage correct everything was ok it was case of waiting a few years as her version usually goes itself but still, she didn't like taking the medicine as it was 'horrible', (it was), and it was/is always a worry that it could turn into full blown epilepsy.

Thanks folks, was told if you're going to get epilepsy this was the the version to get and once they got the dosage correct everything was ok it was case of waiting a few years as her version usually goes itself but still, she didn't like taking the medicine as it was 'horrible', (it was), and it was/is always a worry that it could turn into full blown epilepsy.

That's great news that she's doing well HMHM :) Must be a hell of a relief.

Can't imagine what it must be like - I've never even had to take the bairn to the doctors, ever (other than vaccinations) Think I'd be useless if there was anything worryingly wrong with him.

My youngest Daughter was diagnosed with childhood absence epilepsy about three years ago. After an EEG today, following one last year, it looks like it might be gone as the last two never showed any real signs of activity. She's being weaned off medication from today and it should take about ten weeks to get her off it. Hopefully it's gone for for good and we wont see any 'blank' episodes which the medicine smothered. My fingers are well and truly crossed. :)

Champion that mate.

I had it and still have it. I went several years with nothing and last year or so with a stressful workload and moving etc it casued it to come back. I had several months of having sezuires every other day or so, including one day where I had 3 in one day. Its stressful and very sapping on your energy. Things are improving and I have not had a sezuire for a couple of months now. Its one of the reasons why I cut down my activity on here.

Glad your daughters prospects are looking well mate. Fingers crossed :)

Tramadol is an absolute shit. Took it for three weeks after an operation, then went cold turkey. Pretty sure I could kick a smack habit after that experience. Didn't even enjoy taking it. Codeine phosphate on the other hand.

Still on 8 tramadol a day over here like.

Still on 8 tramadol a day over here like.

Shit, man. I was going to mention you, but wasn't sure if it was common knowledge. Weren't you due to stop a while back? That's going to have to be a very gradual weaning, like.

I went out on Monday, had a few pints with my lass, had a reasonable nights sleep on the night time. Did some shopping late Tuesday morning, walked in to the bookies to put a bet on the football and I could feel myself drifting, everything seemed to be shaking. The next thing I know I'm thinking "for fuck saaaake." then I'm out like a lamp. 20 minutes later I wake up in an ambulance heading to hospital. I fell unconscious and hit a table and chair in Ladbrokes like a dead weight, the cunts in there thought I was dead apparently! 9 hours after that, various xrays and other brain tests, reveal that by all intents and purposes I should be really fit going off the readings, but no one knows why I blacked out. We're at four days later now, my legs and arms are tight as fuck, I've got a cut around and above my eye like something off the early Rocky films, I've obviously bitten my tongue because it's all over the place, numb as fuck and I'm speaking with a worse lisp than Chris Eubank and no one seems to know what the fuck happened.

McFaul , on 27 Jun 2014 - 4:31 PM, said:

Cheers kid. I'm leaving the drink alone for a while, but it can't have been that.

Did you feel fine before and up until that, can you recall?

Did you feel fine before and up until that, can you recall?

Aye I felt alright, I was texting mates arranging where we were watching the England game at 5pm.

Aye I felt alright, I was texting mates arranging where we were watching the England game at 5pm.

Do you think it's possible that someone could have hoyed something in your drink?