General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Is there a sensitive way to tell somebody that their ironing hasn't been good enough lately?

:lol: Take a shirt off the hanger, raise an eyebrow, then throw the shirt at them asking 'what the fuck do you call that?'

Apparently, the current crop of little brats are self-directed, socially conscious, globalized, multicultural gender benders, keen to learn, they worry about the economy, think in 4D, have no spatial awareness, communicate incredibly quickly in hieroglyphics and worry about the planet. They're also obese, food being their main vice. Their social interactions and memories are transient, they don't own music, videos or pictures or retain letters, mails & messages.

Leazes Mag will be pleased...

http://www.slideshare.net/sparksandhoney/generation-z-final-june-17

Slideshow about appealing to generation z for marketing scum, but I was still interested.

Here, where's decent for a sup in Edinburgh? Going up for a stag do but only one of the kids is a banteriffic bellend so we don't want anywhere that usually attracts that crowd. Somewhere to get a decent roast dinner the day after would be canny as well. Cheers xxxx

At the risk of turning this place into mumsnet again, what are people's thoughts/experiences on isofix car seat bases versus seatbelt secured car seats? We bought our baby car seat a good while ago, knowing my car didn't have the isofix fittings. I researched it a fair bit at the time, and I was comfortable with seatbelt fixing method. However, now that the due date is fast approaching, I've started to question my choice, massively.

I'm now flapping and looking at isofix mounting kits, to install it myself. I'm due a new company car in September, but I'm really not sure about using my current car until then. Any advice is greatly appreciated - the internet appears to be massively split on the pros and cons of each method.

Our last car didn't have Isofix so i got a seatbelt seat when the baby was born.

Our new car does so when we upgraded to the front facing next size up I bought an Isofix one.

Seems OTT to get an isofix kit retro-fitted to your car IYAM. Manufacturers exploiting the fears of parents that a rare event will strike them and they didn't take all available measures to avoid it.

Their skulls are designed to move about at that age anyway ;)

Appreciate the sensible words. Reminding myself that there was a reason that I was comfortable with the purchase in the first place, and it's only for a couple of months. I will undoubtedly continue to flap. It's been very easy to play it cool for the last nine months, but apparently not anymore.

CT, please keep your sick fantasies to yourself, thanks.

So I occasionally use co-codamol to manage a bit of back pain when it flares up which happens for a few days from time to time.

It says not to use longer than 3 days continuously or it can cause addiction and withdrawal symptoms - but anyone know how long you should leave between uses?

E.g. if you use for 3 days, then a couple of weeks later you want to use it again, has enough time passed? Or will I be jamming heroin into every limb to chase that opiate buzz by August?

I was on a heavy duty codeine-laced painkiller after I broke my arm a few years back, co- something or other, can't remember which one. Took me a while to wean myself off them. Lovely stuff just before bed. I figured it was time to throw them away when I was having one before bed after my arm had healed.

I was on a heavy duty codeine-laced painkiller after I broke my arm a few years back, co- something or other, can't remember which one. Took me a while to wean myself off them. Lovely stuff just before bed. I figured it was time to throw them away when I was having one before bed after my arm had healed.

Pair your bedtime c/c's with a cup of valerian tea and you will be stoned entirely legally when you wake up and for most of the following morning.....no need to thank me :good:

Fucking bunch of nonces on here like I take co codamol, tramadol & big ibuprofen every night.

And fuck me do I rattle when I come off them :-)

Seriously though if you're on 30/500 then take them for a week give yourself a couple of days off then another week. If your in serious pain still after that get back to the doc.

Tramadol is an absolute shit. Took it for three weeks after an operation, then went cold turkey. Pretty sure I could kick a smack habit after that experience. Didn't even enjoy taking it. Codeine phosphate on the other hand.

My youngest Daughter was diagnosed with childhood absence epilepsy about three years ago. After an EEG today, following one last year, it looks like it might be gone as the last two never showed any real signs of activity. She's being weaned off medication from today and it should take about ten weeks to get her off it. Hopefully it's gone for for good and we wont see any 'blank' episodes which the medicine smothered. My fingers are well and truly crossed. :)