General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

One of mine fell off years ago after I dropped a bowling ball on it, it turned black and stayed for a bit then when it fell off there was already a thin one underneath. :)

Do you want that PS2 or not btw? :icon_lol:

I've just found out that Hatrlepool fans are called the Monkey Hangers. I have also just found out the reason for this.

:)

What was the reason, because I had a conversation with a chimp choker a while back and he gave me an alternative version.

I've just found out that Hatrlepool fans are called the Monkey Hangers. I have also just found out the reason for this.

What was the reason, because I had a conversation with a chimp choker a while back and he gave me an alternative version.

A ship was wrecked off Hartlepool in Napoleonic times and a monkey from it was washed ashore. Because the monkey couldn't speak English the poolies hung it, suspecting it was a French spy.

:icon_lol:

A ship was wrecked off Hartlepool in Napoleonic times and a monkey from it was washed ashore. Because the monkey couldn't speak English the poolies hung it, suspecting it was a French spy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger

That's the version I've always heard anyway.

That's what I thought but was told I was a thick Geordie bastard and that they never actually hanged a monkey because the people of Hartlepool weren't daft. They hanged a young French boy who was a powder monkey. If thats right, the NSPCC would have had a field day whereas the RSCPA would have been moved along, nothing for you here. I don't the true version just passing on what he said. :icon_lol:

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Mohammed Ali on ESPN classic now at Eldon Rec!!! He came to Newcastle in 1978 on a PR thing and did a talk in, he's just said Howay The Lads, good lad. Think Jimmy Carter did the same about the same time.

Mohammed Ali on ESPN classic now at Eldon Rec!!! He came to Newcastle in 1978 on a PR thing and did a talk in, he's just said Howay The Lads, good lad. Think Jimmy Carter did the same about the same time.

Ali had his wedding (re-)blessed at the mosque in Sooth Shields I think. And aye, Jimmy Carter was around then as he was still president when he came.

Ali had his wedding (re-)blessed at the mosque in Sooth Shields I think. And aye, Jimmy Carter was around then as he was still president when he came.

Waved to a mate of mine from his open top bus on the way.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Christmas Tree hasn't posted for 3 days, yet when I've been here since then so has he. Is he the huff? Or have admin put a moderating posts emargo on him like they did with me? Howay man CT, post something, it's not your fault you're from Boldon. Is all this Wearside abuse upsetting you?

Christmas Tree hasn't posted for 3 days, yet when I've been here since then so has he. Is he the huff? Or have admin put a moderating posts emargo on him like they did with me? Howay man CT, post something, it's not your fault you're from Boldon. Is all this Wearside abuse upsetting you?

Sorry mate. Spent last two days on the baby care unit with a 9 week old with Bronchiolitus. A oxygen tube up each nostril and being fed through another tube distracted me for a while :) but I still was cheered up by your statement that negativity was dead in the Sunderland thread :icon_lol: (Dissappointed however that you didnt accompany that statement with an improved scoreline prediction.

Anyway the little fella got discharged at teatime so Alex, the breaks over :icon_lol:

It was quite nice however that the absolutely marvellous nurse who mainly looked after us was a staunch mackem and even better that I pointed out to her that St. James Park was visible from our South Shields hospital window. :( (she'd worked there quite a while and didnt know).

I would also finish off (as I know theres a few on here), by saying my admiration for all hospital staff, as usual, is immense. From the Doctors to the cleaners, nothing is ever a bother and quite often they go above and beyond the call of duty.

Cheers lads. They've let him home because he no longer needs the oxygen but it's going to be an up all night job watching him sleep! :lol:

Oh bless him, it must have been awful for you :icon_lol: We've had lots of poorly babies at work the last couple of weeks with brochiolitis and fluey stuff. Had to send a few of them over to the RVI to paediatric intensive care cos they needed help with their breathing. Can't imagine what it must be like and I'm really glad he's getting better :icon_lol:

Cheers lads. They've let him home because he no longer needs the oxygen but it's going to be an up all night job watching him sleep! :lol:

Oh bless him, it must have been awful for you :icon_lol: We've had lots of poorly babies at work the last couple of weeks with brochiolitis and fluey stuff. Had to send a few of them over to the RVI to paediatric intensive care cos they needed help with their breathing. Can't imagine what it must be like and I'm really glad he's getting better :icon_lol:

Cheers Catmag. Aye it wasnt nice but he is a world better today and is all fired up for the Derby. Strip ironed and waiting for the morn. :icon_lol: