What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

lol indeed, forgot where I was in the gym before and was humming along to my iPod... nothing more manly than lifting the heavy things and singing "groveee is in the hearttt" never realised i was doing it till the girl on the elliptical machine behind me motioned to take the headphones off and said "i love that song" :blush:

Guilty pleasure like

Ha, I know what you mean .

I go walking along the seafront quite a bit and whenever I've got headphones on there's always a point when I have to check myself for singing along a bit or doing involuntary 'cymbal hits' or striking the odd air guitar power chord :unsure2:

I find myself mouthing along/nodding my head/bouncing on my toes to music in the gym/when on a run all the time. Don't care at all who sees. My music is far superior and should be played to all to enjoy!

lol indeed, forgot where I was in the gym before and was humming along to my iPod... nothing more manly than lifting the heavy things and singing "groveee is in the hearttt" never realised i was doing it till the girl on the elliptical machine behind me motioned to take the headphones off and said "i love that song" :blush:

Guilty pleasure like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWU-gtTO_fA

New Daft Punk. Get in!

Some amazing collaborations, the Giorgio Moroder monologue thing is quite cool, quite surprised at how well the Julian Casablancas track works. Pharell's voice is perfect for those Niles Rodgers guitar grooves too.

Just given it the one listen but i think its an excellent album and shows up how shite that Kavinsky sound is thats been annoyingly popular since Drive.

Some amazing collaborations, the Giorgio Moroder monologue thing is quite cool, quite surprised at how well the Julian Casablancas track works. Pharell's voice is perfect for those Niles Rodgers guitar grooves too.

Just given it the one listen but i think its an excellent album and shows up how shite that Kavinsky sound is thats been annoyingly popular since Drive.

Aye, I think it begins to run out of steam toward the end but brings it back round with Contact. Hope everyone starts ripping off old Italian Disco now.

Theres a Morodor biog series on radio 2 atm if you can get the podcasts en la France, very good...fucker virtually invented modern dance music on his own...

Had the new ghostface killah on repeat all morning.

Belta.

funnily enough i've re-discovered 36 chambers, having not listened to it for at least a year or two. still brilliant. they don't make hip hop like that anymore.inspired me to get back into illmatic by nas....a golden age of hip hop

Edited by Dr Gloom

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/may/15/daft-punk-random-access-memories-review

Guardian reviewer seems to take issue with it being over-hyped. He says it nearly matches the hype, but I don't take his view at all. For me, expectations weren't based on any ad campaign or announcements of collaborators, but the last album. As much as he cites pretenders to their crown copying Daft Punk, Human After All was Daft Punk by numbers. I still enjoy that album, but it took Alive 2007 to bring life to that collection of songs.

I'm only just getting up top the Pharrell tracks now and this new album is a quantum leap ahead of the last one. Back to best.

The end of that Giorgio by Moroder you mention, with the wailing guitar... :boogie:

http://www.guardian....memories-review

Guardian reviewer seems to take issue with it being over-hyped. He says it nearly matches the hype, but I don't take his view at all. For me, expectations weren't based on any ad campaign or announcements of collaborators, but the last album. As much as he cites pretenders to their crown copying Daft Punk, Human After All was Daft Punk by numbers. I still enjoy that album, but it took Alive 2007 to bring life to that collection of songs.

I'm only just getting up top the Pharrell tracks now and this new album is a quantum leap ahead of the last one. Back to best.

The end of that Giorgio by Moroder you mention, with the wailing guitar... :boogie:

A lot of people dislike it because it doesn't sound like they want it to and to that, I say they can fuck right off. Who really wants Daft Punk to sound like 1997 Daft Punk in 2013?

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs PL stole in naked towards the end of the first track and screeched "ARE YOU CAMIN TO BED ENUFF AF THA FAACKIN NOISE". Bit unfair I thought but she has been on the Jack Daniels Honey. We were discussing getting matching Stone Roses tattoo's earlier....reckoned I'd get "I DON'T HAVE TO SELL MY SOUL" on my shoulder, on hers she'd get "HE'S ALREADY IN ME"..which will be appropriate in 5 mins.......enjoy...... ;)