The official Liverpool Vs Newcastle United Arse-raping thread

Jimbo

Chuffin hell, the press builds things up every week, when we've been playing better opposition, that this could be Kev's first win but did anyone honestly expect anything from this game? The points to keep us up were never going to come today, try not to get sucked in to feeling negative on the back of a game like this - the team's still going to be shite at the end of the season, when we get to the summer and haven't been relegated then we can start improving properly. We have much of the muppets playing for us that previous managers have had and they never going to suddenly become confident and all-conquering while they're at this club together - we need the summer to get here, Ashley to give Kev a big transfer kitty and a lot of new players in to try and flush out the overall feeling of doom out of the playing side.

I know today we didn't play well but against the teams in the top 6 we're not going to, yet. Once we've played some of the poorer teams and kept our prem status it'll be job done for this season, we don't need anything more for now.Today was just a game we had to get out of the way, it wasn't good but it's done now and we can concentrate on the job at hand - staying up! Something I'm confident we can do, so stop feeling sorry for yourselves and roar us on until the end of the season!!! :D

You make me laarf you do! How many so called poorer teams have we beat already this season? not fucking many thats for sure, so don't count your chickens on the staying cool :lol: part.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keegan inherited a complete mess and a team with no confidence and always on the verge of collapse, so with no players brought in he was always going to struggle and alot of the blame isn't his.

However he is making some mistakes that Allardyce would get hammered for like continuing to pick Smith, even in midfield, playing Barton when he doesn't look mentally capable at all and leaving out a fit Enrique to waste Zog out of position. He also is incapable of using subs properly to change a game when needed, but he has always been that way.

So he isn't blameless, but really he took over a shambles that was going in a definite downwards spiral and as yet he hasn't managed to halt that, though with a tiny bit of luck or better finishing he'd be 3 points better off from Blackburn and also the boost a first win in god knows how long brings.

If we get stuffed at Brum then we are really in deep shit, if we can take something there its then onto the home games against our rivals and they are now some of the biggest games we've ever played sadly!

I agree that Keegan isn't blameless and I would say I expected more points (though not today obviously) but the fact that we have to cling on to last weeks improvement shows how low we were which I still don't think people get.

I think the Barton situation will be resolved next week as I don't think he'll escape a jail term.

The sheer level of bitter, petulant whinging in this thread is astonishing.

Get a grip you clowns, we're not going down. We lost to Liverpool, just like 10 of the last 12 times we've been to Anfield or something ridiculous along those lines. Get a hold of yourselves. This isn't the end of the world or of our season.

I fully expect Keegan to lead us out of this mess. For people so obsessed with precedent many of you seem to forget we endured a similar start to his previous time at SJP, complete with Chicken Littles like you lot running around predicting a disastrous relegation.

KK will turn it around - just you wait and see. Class will tell.

p.s. MARTINS needs to be playing, I will say that much.

The sheer level of bitter, petulant whinging in this thread is astonishing.

Get a grip you clowns, we're not going down. We lost to Liverpool, just like 10 of the last 12 times we've been to Anfield or something ridiculous along those lines. Get a hold of yourselves. This isn't the end of the world or of our season.

I fully expect Keegan to lead us out of this mess. For people so obsessed with precedent many of you seem to forget we endured a similar start to his previous time at SJP, complete with Chicken Littles like you lot running around predicting a disastrous relegation.

KK will turn it around - just you wait and see. Class will tell.

p.s. MARTINS needs to be playing, I will say that much.

nostalgiatastic :lol:

Three points at Birmingham is a must now, even if it's an away game.

As for Keegan, he definitely has to take the blame for continuing to play the abortion of a footballer that is Alan Smith every game.

Three points at Birmingham is a must now, even if it's an away game.

As for Keegan, he definitely has to take the blame for continuing to play the abortion of a footballer that is Alan Smith every game.

Totally agree.

Gerrard and Torres ran the show tbh. We offered nothing as an attacking force, when we get the ball we look a bit confused and it's either tippy tappy passed to a player two yards away which puts us in the shit or twatted long nowhere near anyone and easily tidied up by the opposition. Smith and Butt seemed to be doing the same job and almost marking each other and had a nightmare. When the first one went in I didn't think 'that was lucky', I thought that's the kind of goal teams that are going to get relegated concede. Whilst I expected fuck all today, the surrender and lack of ideas we showed today has now got me more worried than ever before.

In a nutshell, despite the fact Liverpool are a decent side, I think we're fucked.

While the dreadful Allardyce "management" did give the players rock bottom confidence, we must remember they must have regained plenty simply by his arrival as that led to the 4-1 win against Stoke, which was a great performance. We've had some really tough games though, so it shows a large amount of blame can still be given to Allardyce for his dreadful results (and performances) in games we should have won or at least drawn. We should have won nearly all of our first 10 games, but we didn't.

Good God there are some right Mary's on here. We lose and are outclassed at Anfield and people are acting like that's a shock.. acting like we've lost away to Derby....

Guest Patrokles
Gods sake

WE LOST AWAY TO LIVERPOOL

why can't you misanthropes recognise this?

If you're going to get your vocabulary out, at least use it correctly. :lol:

Being honest, before we scored the first freak goal, I thought you were doing OK. After that Torres and Gerrard ran the show, and you just seemed to accept the inevitable.

Like I said in my Spyin' kop report, I hope you get a few results together, stay up and consolidate for next season.

I'd much rather have the likes of you with your fan base in the top league, than the likes of Bolton, Wigan and the likes.

My sincerest good luck to you for the rest of the season. :lol:

Edited by Terry De Niro

Being honest, before we scored the first freak goal, I thought you were doing OK. After that Torres and Gerrard ran the show, and you just seemed to accept the inevitable.

Like I said in my Spyin' kop report, I hope you get a few results together, stay up and consolidate for next season.

I'd much rather have the likes of you with your fan base in the top league, than the likes of Bolton, Wigan and the likes.

Cheers :D

That bit in bold has been our problem for some time I fear.

Edited by JawD

btw, Allardyce being shit doesn't mean Keegan hasn't been.

thank you.

I didnt expect anything from yesterday but again its the nature of the defeat and more worryingly Keegans selections and style. I honestly believe we are no better now than under Allardyce. What I dont understand is peoples need to blame Allardyce for the current performances.

I couldnt stand Fat Sam and one was of those vocally calling for his head however I do believe he would have had more nous than KK and by now would have turned things round from their current terrible position. We are on a slide and I dont see our messiah pulling any major surprises out of the bag. The 4 teams immediately below us all have a game in hand and all are 3 points or less behind us, so today technically we could drop 2 more places. Regardless by the time we play Brum we will definitely be at least 15th. Perfect confidence booster when going into a relegation 6 pointer.

All of these teams below us are made up of battlers and players who have spent time in lower leagues or have experienced relegation battles. The likes of Owen with his years of experience hasnt ever been in this position and its showing. We dont have the legs or the bottle for the coming weeks.

The decider will be the makems, if they get anything out of that game then we're fucked and currently I see them being a lot more up for it than us.

Cheers :D

That bit in bold has been our problem for some time I fear.

That's a big difference between Robson's team (and KK's the last time around and now), I'm not really sure why it's happened (although again maybe partially the lack of certain sorts of player in the squad) but towards the end of Roeder's term and certainly Allardyce's it seems like we go behind and that is that (although the roots run much deeper going back to Souness and maybe even some of the undermining issues under Robson himself).

Chuffin hell, the press builds things up every week, when we've been playing better opposition, that this could be Kev's first win but did anyone honestly expect anything from this game? The points to keep us up were never going to come today, try not to get sucked in to feeling negative on the back of a game like this - the team's still going to be shite at the end of the season, when we get to the summer and haven't been relegated then we can start improving properly. We have much of the muppets playing for us that previous managers have had and they never going to suddenly become confident and all-conquering while they're at this club together - we need the summer to get here, Ashley to give Kev a big transfer kitty and a lot of new players in to try and flush out the overall feeling of doom out of the playing side.

I know today we didn't play well but against the teams in the top 6 we're not going to, yet. Once we've played some of the poorer teams and kept our prem status it'll be job done for this season, we don't need anything more for now.Today was just a game we had to get out of the way, it wasn't good but it's done now and we can concentrate on the job at hand - staying up! Something I'm confident we can do, so stop feeling sorry for yourselves and roar us on until the end of the season!!! :icon_lol:

You make me laarf you do! How many so called poorer teams have we beat already this season? not fucking many thats for sure, so don't count your chickens on the staying cool :D part.

Don't worry, be happy :lol:

Good God there are some right Mary's on here. We lose and are outclassed at Anfield and people are acting like that's a shock.. acting like we've lost away to Derby....

FFS if Barnsley can do it and that pub team before them nearly, then why can't we aim for a result there? doing well up until that fluke of a goal I had hope for a draw, accepting defeat and fearing them before we even get to Anfield is no wonder!

We haven't looked like there's been any sort of improvement since Keegan took over but looking at the players available yesterday I really don't think there's a whole lot I would have done different (apart from dropping Smith). I know I'm not saying anything new here but Keegan inherited a shite setup and tough fixture list, while there's been little improvement I don't think we've got any worse either. We simply have a squad full of shite players and what is even more worrying is that most of them don't look like they're playing for their futures because they fucking well should me.

I'm still fairly sure that relegation won't be a problem, unfortunately it looks like most of our players feel the same. If we get this season over us I think Keegan will be making huge changes in the summer and only after a full pre-season will be begin to see the effects of his input.

FFS if Barnsley can do it and that pub team before them nearly, then why can't we aim for a result there? doing well up until that fluke of a goal I had hope for a draw, accepting defeat and fearing them before we even get to Anfield is no wonder!

Necastle would have folded in the 2nd half anyway, remember Villa when you was winning 1-0 talking about flukes, M O hasnt had an injury for a few weeks, now thats flukey