Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Anyone thinking getting rid of McClaren will solve the problem ( I can't stand the bloke) is deluded the same applies with Charnley. Ashley told us the buck stops at his door so he is wholly responsible for the state of this club whether he's surrounded himself with yes men or imbeciles it's his fault & he needs removing

You can't remove him that's the point. He'll only go when he feels like it.

You can't remove him that's the point. He'll only go when he feels like it.

I'm fairly sure a mass boycott of these next 2 or 3 televised home games would have some kind of impact on Ashley. As even the most ardent of fans must be disillusioned by now if not its a case of sit back & watch the club drop out of the premiership

I'm fairly sure a mass boycott of these next 2 or 3 televised home games would have some kind of impact on Ashley. As even the most ardent of fans must be disillusioned by now if not its a case of sit back & watch the club drop out of the premiership

it would irritate him and might force him to go some way to placate the supporters, as it did at the back end of the season when he did his sky interview and finally spent a bit of money.

honestly though, i think it's a hopeless cause. he'll go on his terms, when he wants to, probably having made a massive profit on the sale of the club.

It won't make any difference because i) he already had the money from the ticket sales and ii) the money from ticket sales is irrelevant when compared to what Sky are paying to televise the games.

This bloke doesn't give a shit about his public persona or the fans' perception of him. The only possible way to get this dick out of the club is relegation and a period in the lower leagues long enough for the money to dry up and the lack of worldwide advertising to hurt his brand.

You need to start embracing defeats and the prospect of relegation (seriously) and forget about short term fixes or changes in the approach at the club.

I think he's more sensitive to this sort of thing than some people think. Look how defensive he gets about criticism etc. A long term boycott is certainly worth a fucking go. The power of the match going fan has obviously been diminished in relative terms but it would still have a big impact of keeping the club profitable. 2 or 3 high profile or TV games or whatever is a waste of time though imo. People need to stop going and stick with it to even see if it's effective.

I think he's more sensitive to this sort of thing than some people think. Look how defensive he gets about criticism etc. A long term boycott is certainly worth a fucking go. The power of the match going fan has obviously been diminished in relative terms but it would still have a big impact of keeping the club profitable. 2 or 3 high profile or TV games or whatever is a waste of time though imo. People need to stop going and stick with it to even see if it's effective.

For me, a boycott is less about the effect it might have and more about basic self respect. What the fuck are people getting out of going to the match at this stage, you've got to be fucking brain dead to keep entertaining this shit.

It won't make any difference because i) he already had the money from the ticket sales

Does he though? I'm sure HF knows the details but I think season tickets sales were well well down with a lot of people buying on a match by match basis.

For me, a boycott is less about the effect it might have and more about basic self respect. What the fuck are people getting out of going to the match at this stage, you've got to be fucking brain dead to keep entertaining this shit.

baaaaaah

I spent most of the second half respectfully asking people to just stop going, every single one agreed it was the only thing to do. The reality is they probably have nothing better to do. We need a big hobby drive in the North East, or get them all hooked on heroin or something.

I spent most of the second half respectfully asking people to just stop going, every single one agreed it was the only thing to do. The reality is they probably have nothing better to do. We need a big hobby drive in the North East, or get them all hooked on heroin or something.

CT's your answer here, mind. His house will be chocka with shite he's taken up and got bored with plus he'll have loads of ideas for new hobbies.

If they were trying & getting beat it wouldn't be as bad. Apparently when they went over to our supporters at the end of the Palace game they were told to "fuck off" how true that is I don't know. But if it is maybe's the tide is turning & boycotts will be supported

Edited by trooper

It's more that for me if I'm honest but when I stopped going things weren't as bad and then you had the period when he seemed to be getting more things right than wrong culminating in the season we came 5th. Since then though, fuck me gently. I was loath to criticise others for going but I simply cannot understand why so many continue to go now. If it's a social thing go to the fucking pub.

It's more that for me if I'm honest but when I stopped going things weren't as bad and then you had the period when he seemed to be getting more things right than wrong culminating in the season we came 5th. Since then though, fuck me gently. I was loath to criticise others for going but I simply cannot understand why so many continue to go now. If it's a social thing go to the fucking pub.

And effectively have a free session for the cost of your ticket.

Blockade SJP with a few tins. Direct action.

I think it's worse now than it was last year. The reality now is that even getting rid of Ashley won't solve anything. Assuming he left tomorrow, it'd be years before we stabilised and cleared the deadwood, years before a new team could be developed, and we'd almost certainly be in the championship for an extended stay. He's actually killed the club IMO. What we're seeing now are death throes.

I think it's worse now than it was last year. The reality now is that even getting rid of Ashley won't solve anything. Assuming he left tomorrow, it'd be years before we stabilised and cleared the deadwood, years before a new team could be developed, and we'd almost certainly be in the championship for an extended stay. He's actually killed the club IMO. What we're seeing now are death throes.

That's why something needs doing even if it's to say "thanks for killing the club"

Aye he has fucked it like, I'm not even excited for the match anymore and if I wasn't on here I'd probably forget when we were even playing. I've said in the past and I think it's becoming more and more true, it's not about being shite as if we were just shite I'd not feel like this towards the club we've just got a completely rotten club.

How we are still in this division is amazing to me when you look at our record over the last two seasons. We've got a playing staff that just clearly doesn't give a fuck to the point where it's almost impressive how little they care, they've somehow completely detached themselves from it and don't feel any shame or embarrassment for getting burst every week to the point that some of them still have the brass neck to actually believe they should be playing in a Champions League side.

We've all watched some shite players over the years but I find it more sickening watching the current lot, some of which are actually talented players, not give any effort at all. I honestly believe that if Sissoko could just walk off the pitch without getting docked wages he would, and a few others wouldn't be far behind. I just don't know how you could make it to the Premier League level and be okay with getting completely shown up by some of the poorest players in the league, would competitiveness or some pride not kick in at some point? They made Dan Gosling look like a Premier League player ffs.

I said in another thread I feel bad for McClaren and I genuinely do because I think he is actually trying, I know he knew full well what he was getting into with Ashley but I don't think he (or really any of us for that matter) knew how apathetic the squad is. I remember a while back Happy Face put something up about what the reserve and academy squads form was like and it closely matched that of the first team, it's deeply worrying stuff as it shows just how deep this malaise is. We're going down this year as I just can't see what can be done, if they got rid of McClaren it would be a Sherwood type that got the job, we could buy players but just look at how quickly the summer buys have lost interest.

Edited by Howay