Given signs for Man City

Matty

It's a bit like Tetris for me. Strangley addictive without being enjoyable. Turns your brain to shit after a bit too. Which is also like Tetris.

Love a bit of tetris on the phone. :icon_lol:

Get hammered by Mrs P on it though....Women are strangely good at things that turn your brain to shit. :rolleyes::(

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit like Tetris for me. Strangley addictive without being enjoyable. Turns your brain to shit after a bit too. Which is also like Tetris.

Love a bit of tetris on the phone. :suicide:

Get hammered by Mrs P on it though....Women are strangely good at things that turn your brain to shit. :rolleyes::(

:icon_lol: They're expert. Tetris is meant to be one of the few video games that women tend to better than men at. Apparently.

Love a bit of tetris on the phone. :aye:

:suicide: They're expert. Tetris is meant to be one of the few video games that women tend to better than men at. Apparently.

Wii tennis being the other one :icon_lol:

She's shit hot at Tiger Woods now as well man.

Anything rather than talk about the subject of the thread like, which is depressing as fuck imo.

Do people think £10m is a good price?

Is it really relevant? I honestly don't trust the current structure to spend the money wisely(if they spend it at all).

I'm gutted to see him go, as it's the 1st nail in the coffin. Horrible to see someone who's been at the club so long, and so popular wanting out. Owen and Martins are next I'd say.

I would imagine the deal will be concluded by then. Hopefully, there is a clause where he wont play against us tomorrow.

Having said that, if it's not concluded, I would expect to see Harps in goal. That would pretty much confirm he's on his way.

There can't be a clause to prevent him from playing against us, the PL investigated the Howard to Everton deal a couple of years ago because he didn't play against Man U.

I reckon that could be why we may be waiting until after Wednesday night to complete the deal, though as you say, if Harper is in goal then it's near enough a done deal.

There can't be a clause to prevent him from playing against us, the PL investigated the Howard to Everton deal a couple of years ago because he didn't play against Man U.

I reckon that could be why we may be waiting until after Wednesday night to complete the deal, though as you say, if Harper is in goal then it's near enough a done deal.

I'm sure it would be organised so that the paper work or whatever didn't go through in time.

I think it would have to be done by midday today anyway.

Edited by Barney

I'm sure it would be organised so that the paper work or whatever didn't go through in time.

To be paraded on the pitch before the game then. :(

It's not uncommon to have a clause which stops the player playing against his old club for the remainder of the season though isn't it? Or have I just imagined that?

It's not uncommon to have a clause which stops the player playing against his old club for the remainder of the season though isn't it? Or have I just imagined that?

Only when on loan, once a player has been transferred its against the rules.

Only in loan deals (obviously), it's against the rules to do it as part of a permanent transfer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/ma...ewsstory.sport8

Edit: Though it appears that a gentlemen's agreement is ok.

Edited by ewerk

Newcastle to leave goalkeeper Given out of City match

Louise Taylor

The Guardian, Tuesday 27 January 2009

Shay Given is unlikely to play at Manchester City Wednesday's . Newcastle United seem resigned to losing their goalkeeper to Mark Hughes's side and, although any deal will almost certainly be concluded after the game, all parties would prefer that Given was not involved.

Steve Harper will consequently make a rare first-team appearance and seek to emphasise why Newcastle should abandon thoughts of recruiting an experienced replacement for Given such as Portsmouth's David James.

The not entirely unrelated facts that Carlo Cudicini has joined Tottenham Hotspur and that Harper is finally close to signing an improved three-year contract extension on an agreement due to expire in June, indicate that Joe Kinnear will place his faith in Given's long-term understudy.

Meanwhile Newcastle hope to ­complete the signing of the £3.5m Toulouse right- back Albin Ebondo and have made an improved offer for a midfielder, believed to be Stéphane Mbia of Rennes.

If things proceed according to plan the 24-year-old Ebondo could make his debut at City, where Colin Calderwood will be in the away dug-out. The former Nottingham Forest manager was appointed as ­Newcastle's first-team coach yesterday and will work alongside Kinnear and the manager's assistant, Chris Hughton, with a specific brief to tighten up the team's defending.

Kinnear is bracing himself for a bid from Portsmouth for Joey Barton but is determined to hold on to the midfielder, who is keen to stay. Charles N'Zogbia could leave before next Tuesday, though, and may join Aston Villa.

If he is going, I don't think we should be getting a replacement in when you look at other areas that need strengthening. The cynic in me thinks a bid for James would be a case of going for a player we know we won't get anyway.

If he is going, I don't think we should be getting a replacement in when you look at other areas that need strengthening. The cynic in me thinks a bid for James would be a case of going for a player we know we won't get anyway.

Yeah. i'd rather Harps gets the #1 jersey and we spend the £10m+ in other areas. Of course in an ideal world we wouldn't even be considering this.....

Imagined it i think

only see those clauses when they are on loan normally

Ah! I'll bet that's what I've confused it with