Other games

Park Life

If they had 5 or 6 points less I would have been quite hopeful but 38 plus the fixtures they have left should be enough unfortunately.

I enjoyed listening to Allardyce sticking up for Bruce as well.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had 5 or 6 points less I would have been quite hopeful but 38 plus the fixtures they have left should be enough unfortunately.

I enjoyed listening to Allardyce sticking up for Bruce as well.

Wasn't surprised to hear him calling for City to sit back on their 2-0 half time lead. What a boring product that man peddles.

The thing that strikes me from his picture on the beeb is just how purple and swollen Bruce's face looks. Classic heavy drinker's complexion and with the pressure he's under, I hope they're monitoring his blood pressure and heart regularly.

The thing that strikes me from his picture on the beeb is just how purple and swollen Bruce's face looks. Classic heavy drinker's complexion and with the pressure he's under, I hope they're monitoring his blood pressure and heart regularly.

What are you a fukin doctor now already?!! :lol:

What are you a fukin doctor now already?!! :icon_lol:

Are you Jewish American already? :icon_lol::lol:

The mackems have a fairly decent run in tbh. Out of all there remaining games only fulham and bolton are in the top half of the table.

That count's for fuck all to be fair, they are playing teams in and around them and will find the pressure in these games alot fucking higher. Everyone scrapping for points.

Just seen the Inter result, I bet last May seems like a long long time ago now for them!

Oh god, that Portuguese twat is going to go off on one about how this proves how awesome he is, isn't he. Praying for Barca, Man U, ANYONE to give Real a hiding in the next round.

Just seen the Inter result, I bet last May seems like a long long time ago now for them!

Oh god, that Portuguese twat is going to go off on one about how this proves how awesome he is, isn't he. Praying for Barca, Man U, ANYONE to give Real a hiding in the next round.

Do you know that the next round has been drawn and they'll either play Barca or Shakhtar Donetsk?

Just watching the highlights now and Stankovic's volley has been on, it's fucking amazing. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, make the effort to watch it.

Fantastic stuff that like !

. . and there was the keeper thinking "fuckin check me and me divin header :icon_lol: . . . oh . . :lol: "

He looks like a twat now but at the time I doubt anyone was thinking he'd just volley it back, even if he took a touch it might have bought him extra time to get back to his line.

I actually think he done well. Milito looks like he would have beat that defender and had a shot of goal.

Strange going on with Lennon. Tells Redknapp a minute before kick-off he has a sore throat and has no energy. Why didn't Saggy ask him to play the first 10-15 mins and see how it went?

I was under the impression that if he was named on the official teamsheet and then subsequently withdrawn from the starting line up that they only had two subs left during the game. Can anyone confirm that?

Lennon's on his way out of Spurs then....

Lennon launches Twitter rant over Redknapp’s illness claim

Aaron Lennon has described Harry Redknapp’s claim he fell ill just before last night’s game against Real Madrid as “bull****”.

The winger was pulled from Spurs’ starting line-up just minutes before the Champions League quarter-final first leg kicked off.

Redknapp revealed his shock at Lennon’s late withdrawal after the 4-0 defeat, saying: "I asked him, 'Are you fit enough to play?' and he said, 'I've got no energy, I've got no strength, I might last five minutes.

“It wasn't a chance that was worth taking. It was crazy. If he felt that bad, we decided it wasn't worth risking him. If he didn't feel fit, there is nothing we can do.”

But Lennon has taken to Twitter to insists Spurs were fully aware he had been struggling with illness since Sunday, and revealed his anger over being made a "scapegoat" for the defeat.

He wrote: “saying i fell ill be4 the game is bull**** i fell ill on sunday morning where the med team put me on antibotics, but only got worse b4 tues.

“Believe me this is 1 game i did no wnt to miss and still devo now!!!! but will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew jus b4 K O.”

Source: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/foo...s-illness-claim

“Believe me this is 1 game i did no wnt to miss and still devo now!!!! but will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew jus before K O.”

If this illness turns out to be a career-threatening malady, at least he can fall back on his literary talents and become an esteemed author after football. His prose reminds me of Dan Brown.