Aston Villa 1-0 Newcastle United

Smitheh

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gut less attempt by the players IMO to survive

As Shearer said, they tried, they just weren't good enough. That really is one shit team. Here's hoping for a complete overhaul in the summer, that would make me feel like relegation was worthwhile.

Not in the second half they didn't.

We all saw it fucking coming but it doesnt change how it feels

Gutted - 16 years.. 13 of which we were in Europe.. yet we are playing Championship.. at least the standard of the football matches what we are capable of.

TBH - I set myself up for relegation 3-4 games ago.. just gutted the way we went.. At least it means we have an excuse to:

1: get rid of Butt who can't find his own players..

2: get rid of Duff who is Dull.. and again can't pass the pall..

3: get rid of Owen who spends more time on injury list than training..

4: hopefully get rid of Ashley.. who never had the heart of the club..

Question is.. who takes over and does something.. St James in Championship ... mad..

Gut less attempt by the players IMO to survive

As Shearer said, they tried, they just weren't good enough. That really is one shit team. Here's hoping for a complete overhaul in the summer, that would make me feel like relegation was worthwhile.

Not in the second half they didn't.

no they didnt which was so unreal

FWIW, I thought Colloccini was great today.

The rest of the team though... :lol:

Serious....!!! you thought he was goood!! £10million good... i don't think so mate

Aye, never mind "they tried". Shearer tried, and I'm sure Dowie tried. But most of that first team squad didn't give a fuck which is why we were where we were this morning, and why we're still there tonight.

A few weeks back Hull played at Villa Park. The scoreline was the same, but in the last 10 minutes they threw everything at Villa, had them rocked back on their heels, and very nearly nicked a point. Contrast that with what our lot did today. That's the difference between the team that finished 17th and the team that finished 18th. Unfortunately they wanted it more than us, and they deserve it more than us.

Have been on the lager all day but just paused to take a cup of tea on board and have a five minute reflection - i think i am more devastated because i know that even if we have a fantastic manager at the helm there will always be ashley to bring us down to gutter level with some witless retarded act - i can only hope that if Big Al isn't staying that we can attract someone decent because i really feel the Ashley/Kinnear combo will be the end of us as a major force - but i will be there first game and the last of next season and for all those gutless twats who have taken time and effort to take the piss! (who really could be arsed) you are where you are but for the grace of god - it is a fine line, success and failure, life is a circle

Aye, never mind "they tried". Shearer tried, and I'm sure Dowie tried. But most of that first team squad didn't give a fuck which is why we were where we were this morning, and why we're still there tonight.

A few weeks back Hull played at Villa Park. The scoreline was the same, but in the last 10 minutes they threw everything at Villa, had them rocked back on their heels, and very nearly nicked a point. Contrast that with what our lot did today. That's the difference between the team that finished 17th and the team that finished 18th. Unfortunately they wanted it more than us, and they deserve it more than us.

The other thing is that Hull at least played well for a sustained period this season, where as we have been more or less shite all season long. Can't remember one time after the opening match when i felt like we were playing well or improving etc

Shearer suggested he'd be putting his opinion to Ashley, I'd imagine he'd be saying dump these players, give me £30m to support new purchases and back room staff..... do this or Al will walk.

Ashley has to acquiesce to Shearer's demands or Shearer will go and Mike's situation will be untenable. I mean it's not exactly secure right now, but honestly, to fall foul of two legends is surely the final nail in the coffin.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley sold up pretty soon, hopefully the buyer will see from the previous owners how not to run this football club.

I was furious, distraught, aching to force someone to let us have a do-over. Credit to my Villa mate, first to call me up, praised our fans and said that regardless of whatever the media might say, Newcastle didn't give up.

Newcastle isn't one season, Newcastle exists outside of the league in which they play. I'm a Newcastle fan forever more, today hurts, but I'll put every penny I own against every penny you do, that tomorrow I'll be thinking with excitement and optimism about next season.

For anyone watching the game how did the players react? Any tears, anyone looked particularly distraught?

Taylor looked a bit gutted. Didn't really notice anyone else looking all that concerned.

Edgar looked gutted, but that could have been a reaction to his red-card. Smith had the audacity to try and give Shearer some support.

Owen looked as apathetic as a man can be. I've stayed off his back for as long as I could, but he's a coward. Fuck him.

Taylor was the only one I saw that looked like he gave as much of a shit as the rest of us.

Must admit I would have loved it when Shearer was asked bout Ferguson's team if he just went, "well we all know he's a cunt so what do you expect?"

is it OK to still laugh about anything

Edgar looked gutted, but that could have been a reaction to his red-card. Smith had the audacity to try and give Shearer some support.

Owen looked as apathetic as a man can be. I've stayed off his back for as long as I could, but he's a coward. Fuck him.

Taylor was the only one I saw that looked like he gave as much of a shit as the rest of us.

I thought taylor looked distraught tbh - as for owen his relief that he wouldn't have to turn out for us again was obvious - fuck him he has been a hex to the club since he arrived