Tiote

Toon_Man

Mate of mine goes to see Stoke play now and again, reckon Faye was one of their best players before his injury.

One of those who didn't have the cahones to play in front of 52k imo. Not saying he's a great player or owt but he's not as bad as he was in his time here. Had a very game against Chelsea for us once iirc.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I be the first to offer a shite song :)

Cheik Tiote

what do you say?

are we proud? are we brave?

or just crazy?

Cheik Tiote

what do you say?

Are we shooting the Mackems with you?

(Don Quixote - Nik Kershaw)

May I be the first to offer a shite song :)

Cheik Tiote

what do you say?

are we proud? are we brave?

or just crazy?

Cheik Tiote

what do you say?

Are we shooting the Mackems with you?

(Don Quixote - Nik Kershaw)

:) Not only shite, obscure too.

Good effort.

I hope the bookie works out, that way we won't have to rely upon Smith. If we are lucky he could be the difference we have been needed for a while.

We've also needed someone creative in the middle just as bad.

Basically anyone who can play in the centre of midfield and isn't a clogger *cough* Smith.

Deal sorted.

Definitely? Or has his work permit just been accepted?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100827/ti...2240137_2136396

Newcastle United have completed the signing of 24-year old midfielder Cheik Tiote from FC Twente on a four-year deal, after the player was granted a work permit yesterday.

The Ivory Coast midfielder played in his country's three games in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and was part of the Twente squad that won the Eredivisie last season.

Tiote began his professional career with Anderlecht in Belgium in 2005, had a loan spell with Roda in Holland, before moving to FC Twente in 2008.

Speaking of his move to Newcastle, Cheik said: "It's a great thrill for me to be joining such a famous club as Newcastle United. I am aware of the great tradition of the Club and the tremendous support they get from the fans.

"I'm really looking forward to testing myself against the best that the Premier League has to offer and delighted also that I will be up against friends and colleagues from my home country who are already playing in England.

"This is a really proud moment for me and I can't wait to pull on the black and white shirt and do my best to help Newcastle United have a successful season."

Chris Hughton added: "Cheik is a terrific signing for us and I am sure he will prove to be an excellent addition to the squad. He has a first-class pedigree and I think his game is well suited to the Premier League.

"He did well with the Ivory Coast in the World Cup and is just reaching an age where his best years are now ahead of him."

The player has yet to join up with his new team mates and is expected to be on international duty next week.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, Yeah, I know, but still :spinwank:

Cheick Tiote has told skysports.com that he is flattered by reported interest in him, but insists he 'loves' Newcastle United.

The Ivorian has emerged as one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League since joining Newcastle in 2010 from FC Twente.

His progress was rewarded in February this year with a six-and-half-year deal - but recent weeks has seen speculation increase that Newcastle could face a fight to hang on to him.

Chelsea were first to be credited with an interest, but Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all now said to be keeping close tabs on his situation.

However, Tiote insists that he is not thinking about leaving - although he is flattered by the interest.

"I am flattered by clubs interested but there is nothing official," he told skysports.com.

"When teams such as Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United are interested in you it makes you think twice, but I love Newcastle, I belong to Newcastle and I enjoy my life here."

you get the feeling tiote is gonna be sold

no, we aren't a selling club, we are a building club, according to some.

More good business for Mike Ashley [but not Newcastle United]

He is a very limited footballer, and for me he will get found out at the highest level.

No passing range, no pace, appalling shooting, endlessly turning and more worryingly passing blind. £20million quid (i'd bite their hands off).

His gentle jog back after giving the ball away for their first goal last night was criminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Tiote probably going to ANC before FA Cup tie while fellow Ivorian's Kolo and Yaya Toure will remain until perhaps after Man City's League Cup First Leg tie. Utter bullshit.