What's for lunch that's interesting or a bit different and isn't just a ham sandwich or some beetroot

wykikitoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craft beer cultists are wankers to a man.

Aye we're all better off with Buckfast :good:

;)

Or we could all just let people drink what they want to.

Unless it's Carling.

Or Stella, or Fosters, or...

Edited by The Fish

I think the declining abv is to blame for the worsening taste of lager. Stella was nice when it really was "reassuringly expensive" and was 5.8%. It's now not priced at a premium and 4.8%, just doesn't taste the same. Same story for Becks and Grolsch. Peroni is now easily the best draught lager and that's Italian ffs.

Everyone has a different palate, but mass produced lager doesn't really taste of anything and moderate to large quantities of it (the "gob full of hops"effect) doesn't improve it either. For me it's an utterly pointless drink.

Craft beer cultists are wankers to a man.

Of all the groups and different types of drinkers someone in living in Scotland could have a dig at,you're picking on the craft beer gang? :lol: Get tae fuck ya bam...

Well, other than I think they're both rank, I agree. :lol:

Stella's got a really strong chemical taste, for me. Never sure if it's the lager or whatever they've used to clean the pipes I'm tasting

Every time someone turns up with a pint of that, My dad will drop the old "like making love in a canoe" Dad-Joke :lol:

stella is a decent enough premium continental lager. carling is undrinkable english piss

Craft beer cultists who won't touch any lager and try to describe the small brewery lager of Germany as mass produced rubbish are tossers. In fact anybody telling people what to drink is fucking drink fascism and the sole preserve of wankers. At least the jakeys on the street bathed in their own shit and pish don't tell you only what they drink is worthy of the palate. And they have an excuse for stupid beards.

Craft beer cultists who won't touch any lager and try to describe the small brewery lager of Germany as mass produced rubbish are tossers. In fact anybody telling people what to drink is fucking drink fascism and the sole preserve of wankers. At least the jakeys on the street bathed in their own shit and pish don't tell you only what they drink is worthy of the palate. And they have an excuse for stupid beards.

Raddlered

I think the declining abv is to blame for the worsening taste of lager. Stella was nice when it really was "reassuringly expensive" and was 5.8%. It's now not priced at a premium and 4.8%, just doesn't taste the same. Same story for Becks and Grolsch. Peroni is now easily the best draught lager and that's Italian ffs.

you're right. i had no idea but apparently AB Invev reduced the abv of stella and becks back in 2012. shows how much beer i drink in pubs these days. i had no clue.

i always thought stella's poor reputation was due to it's wifebeater connotations. used to taste alright to me.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I agree draught Peroni is a good one. Budvar and Becks on draught as well.

Of the slightly weaker premium lagers, I used to enjoy Rolling Rock and Red Stripe.

The Hackney Hopster and its ilk can get to fuck.

I agree draught Peroni is a good one. Budvar and Becks on draught as well.

Of the slightly weaker premium lagers, I used to enjoy Rolling Rock and Red Stripe.

The Hackney Hopster and its ilk can get to fuck.

What about Jakehead IPA, or Bohemia from the Wylam Brewery?

If it's just the twatty names that put you off, you're missing out on some cracking beers.

I've never been a big drinker as 4 pints and I'm fucked. I packed the lager in about 5 years ago as I'm sure the hangovers off it were worse. I think it was my 2010 Europe trip when I really fell in love with wheat beers, that then lead to real ale. Prefer the lighter ales than the darker ones but still have the occasional brown ale or Mcewans champion.

However more prone to have a nice bottle of Merlot than beer these days.

I've never been a big drinker as 4 pints and I'm fucked. I packed the lager in about 5 years ago as I'm sure the hangovers off it were worse. I think it was my 2010 Europe trip when I really fell in love with wheat beers, that then lead to real ale. Prefer the lighter ales than the darker ones but still have the occasional brown ale or Mcewans champion.

However more prone to have a nice bottle of Merlot than beer these days.

And where do you encounter these "craft beer cultists"?....I'd stick to bars that sell only Tennants Lager and 70/- mate....most of those also do antibiotics and methadone from the optics as well as part of a Scottish Government social health initiative :good:

Wherever you and Bravado Dave hang out these days ;)

Am not really what may be described as a "cultist".....but I have had a red ipa, a black ipa and a white ipa...all in the past couple of weeks...

For the record, I imagine Fish is great company in the pub but I'd have grave doubts about him getting his round in...has he got a job yet? :unsure:

Wherever you and Bravado Dave hang out these days ;)

http://balhambowlsclub.com/

:lol:

Am not really what may be described as a "cultist".....but I have had a red ipa, a black ipa and a white ipa...all in the past couple of weeks...

For the record, I imagine Fish is great company in the pub but I'd have grave doubts about him getting his round in...has he got a job yet? :unsure:

Aye and it's a boozy one. :good:

Edited by The Fish