Everton 0-1 NUFC

maggiespaws

Would have been totally unjust had they scored at the end. When Nolan got brought down should have been a penalty and red card stone waller. Fucking scouse commentater saying what an amazing tackle it was fucking idiot

Those commentators got it wrong soooo many times, pretty much exclusively in Everton's favour. Carrying on about how great a tackle it was, then realising in the replay how bad it was and that there was no contact with the ball they fell back to a much much weaker penalty claim at the other end 10 minutes earlier.

They did rightfully have plenty of good things to say about Tiote, Ben Arfa, Enrique and Barton. Barton I think had possibly his best game for us, the same obviously goes for the two full debutants.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cue MotD pundits stating that he's a great player and blah blah blah as if they've discovered him

And don't forget linking him with manu, citeh or chelski straight away!

Sounds like he was as good as i hoped and Tiote would appear to have ended Smith's forays into the first team if Hughton has any sense, and since he dropped Smith today it seems he has!

What a game and what a result!!

Not a fluke neither, a solid and worthy perfomance from every single toon player today!

Beating villa and now these scouce twats has shown that we are more than upto premiership standard. A battling draw away to wolves to be happy with more than makes up for last weeks 'wake up call'.

All in all a good start to the season.

I thought ben arfa was outstanding today! Definitley the player we have been lookin for for a long time. Tiote looks an assured and inspired signing too!

Much needed performances from barton and nolan must be mentioned aswell. As too a solid game from Perch.

Williamson again sounded steady and composed and finally andy carroll....even without a goal played very very well today.

Very happy indeed.

Well done lads!

Perch wasn't good by the way.

There's a reason why he gets a yellow every week, he is positionally not very good so has to rush in late and make brash challenges. Always looks rushed on the ball. Don't fancy Ryan Taylor's defending, but I guess he'll have to do while Perch serves his suspension.

There's a reason why he gets a yellow every week, he is positionally not very good so has to rush in late and make brash challenges. Always looks rushed on the ball. Don't fancy Ryan Taylor's defending, but I guess he'll have to do while Perch serves his suspension.

is he a young lad coming through the ranks? as i said earlier in the thread, never heard of him before. he cant be any worse than hibbert like

You're rigght - but a clean sheet and an away win to a team like everton is tremendous - the difference in midfield seemed the key

That's the thing when you watch Perch, at now time when the opposition have the ball do i feel he'll be in the right position, he just doesn't know where he should be. Raylor isn't a defender, he's a pretty limited midfielder but i'd have more confidence in him at least being where he should be in defence.

:spinwank::spinwank::icon_lol:

@ the goal Sunderland have just conceded. Thirty yards out Ferdinand goes to clear it, belts into Fabregas' foot (I think) and loops over their keeper.

:):omgwank::bloodywank:

Brilliant game. I think if Tiote had been playing instead of Smith v. Blackpool we would've beaten them. He looks the business and as for Ben Arfa - what else is there to say?

Let's not get too carried away but we've been crying out for a skillful player and it looks like we've got one. We've certainly got the graft as hard-working performances against Villa, Wolves and now Everton have shown and now it seems we've got the craft as well.

Song suggestion for HBA:

I've Ben through the desert on a horse with no name...

Ar-fa-a, aa, aa-aa-aa aa-aa-aa, Ar-fa (repeat)

:)

Fantastic result.

Was sitting in the pub watching the first half and how well we were playing, taking it a bit for granted having watched us do this to so many teams last year. I then remembered this was Everton in the premiership and got very very excited. Our passing and movement was simply delicious and the we were simply running Everton ragged.

Ben Arfa scored a great goal and looked like he could waltz past everyone if he really wanted too. Kept thinking of that fucker off Goal who was brilliant but kept forgetting to pass the ball.... Hopefully a few more training sessions and he will het the measure of his team mates and be able to set up goals on a plate as well as score them, a la Beardsley.

Barton was my man of the match as he just seems so tireless and manages to be the lynchpin for all our flowing football.

Williamson. This fucker is going to concede penaltys this season if he doesnt stop holding on.

Sad for Harper but delighted to see Krul get his chance and now hope he gets a long run and takes the No 1 jersey.

The biggest cheer of the day however must go to Hughton. Away to Everton it would have so easy to make no changes and set his stall out to defend.

Not quite the entertainers just yet, but very entertaining. :)

The biggest cheer of the day however must go to Hughton. Away to Everton it would have so easy to make no changes and set his stall out to defend.

Was working so didn't see the game, but either way, this ^.

Glad to see Gutierrez and Smith dropped.

How was Nolan?

Without tempting fate he didn't seem too bad. Poor pitch coverage but seemed ot be in a few key postions at just the right time. Should have scored but hesitated on it and got taclked from behind with just the keeper to beat. Tiote probably made him look good with phenomenal pitch coverage and composure.

Just got back. Good performance from our lot, I was surprised how much time & space we had in the first half. Williamson was MoM for me, won absolutely everything in the air and generally looked composed. Has Harper dislocated his shoulder?

Ben Arfa's goal was a beauty, he looked as if he might struggle to get into the game at the start but the longer the game went on the more confident he became. After he scored you couldn't stop him dribbling. What's the news on his injury?

Tiote was very neat & tidy, but looks the sort of player who gets a nose-bleed if they get too close to the opposition penalty area. Also seemed to be suffering with cramp for the last 20 mins.

Perchenbauer was mixed, some good tackles, some challenges he was lucky to get away with. Out of position too much though.

Enrique was good at the back and going forward. He took a hell of a bodycheck from Hibbert in the first half. Can't remenber if it was a yellow card, but it should've been.

Routledge worked hard and was a good outlet, using his speed and getting into space, Nolan covered more ground than I expected and Carroll was a real handful for them. I think he was too powerful for Jagielka, so they swapped and put Distan on him. Andy worked hard all game and played the last 10 mins or so as an extra centrehalf when they were bombing balls in to Fellainni (who I like, but has a real nasty streak) and Yakubu.

All in all, a good day had us at 5/1 for the win too :)