Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"I think our fans are realistic – they know the top six is beyond us"

"We can’t compete with those clubs at the moment"

"But we should be competing for seventh, eighth, ninth, 10th, 11th. We have proven that we can do that in the past"

He said this yesterday yet in July after signing De Jong, Riveriere, Cabella & Janmaat he said

"We pitched in and signed players that we think will give us a chance to push on for the Champions League"

Fanks but which one is it Alan ?

It's fucking pathetic what he said yesterday (see Trooper's post). Compare that to what Koeman said about Southampton on MOTD yesterday when Lineker asked him what they could achieve.

I know, it's beyond the ridiculous now. Some people say Ashley is a smart businessman, where is the smartness for selling his products, if we are bottom.

Funny thing is, I kind of agree with what Pardew is saying about what we can achieve. Realistically, we'll be midtable at best.

But I'm not the manager of the football club, and if I was I absolutely wouldn't dream of expressing such a lack of ambition in public. What kind of a message is that? How does that inspire the fans, or the players? Why would top players want to join a club whose manager openly states that we're a midtable club and that we should aim to be? Why would fans get excited throughout the season when we know the target is midtable, that we're not going to bother going for the top 6, and that we don't care about the cups. It's pathetic.

We're not going to be competing with Man City and Chelsea for the title, but why not Spurs, Everton etc? On paper I don't see how we "can't compete" with the likes of those clubs. We finished fifth a couple of seasons back, it's not impossible. Why not just take each game as it comes and just see what happens?

What makes it worse is he's trying to give the fans credit - "our fans are realistic".

"But we should be competing for seventh, eighth, ninth, 10th, 11th. We have proven that we can do that in the past" - Is this meant to imply some sort of achievement has been gained? "We have proven we're average enough to finish midtable"?

He shoots himself in the foot every single weekend with the nonsense he comes out with.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

:lol: What a bellend. Is there any point in watching us now Alan? Play utterly dross football, draws at home to Hull are tremendous, we wont bother with the cups, the Europa League is a distraction and now 6th is far beyond us. Agree with MT, even though 7th and down is probably right (especially with the smug cunt managing them) you don't come out and fucking say that.

What makes it worse is he's trying to give the fans credit - "our fans are realistic".

:lol: Aye, "just want to say fanks to the fans who have had any ambition sucked out of 'em to the point they have literally no hope of anything besides avoiding relegation, faaacking geordie slaaaags wiff their expectin to win the champions league every year baaaaht time they settled really, so fanks Mike"

Fanks Alan

Part of me also thinks he's just doing his boss' bidding and publicly reining in our (already low) expectations. Mentioning stuff like the Champions League earlier on in the summer to sell a few more season tickets, replica shirts.

Bet Ashley was more angry that he was on the receiving end of some of the unrest (as opposed to it all being aimed at his lapdog), than he was about the goals conceded and the result.

Funny thing is, I kind of agree with what Pardew is saying about what we can achieve. Realistically, we'll be midtable at best.

I disagree. Put a Martinez in charge and we'd be saying different.

But I'm not the manager of the football club, and if I was I absolutely wouldn't dream of expressing such a lack of ambition in public. What kind of a message is that? How does that inspire the fans, or the players? Why would top players want to join a club whose manager openly states that we're a midtable club and that we should aim to be? Why would fans get excited throughout the season when we know the target is midtable, that we're not going to bother going for the top 6, and that we don't care about the cups. It's pathetic.

We're not going to be competing with Man City and Chelsea for the title, but why not Spurs, Everton etc? On paper I don't see how we "can't compete" with the likes of those clubs. We finished fifth a couple of seasons back, it's not impossible. Why not just take each game as it comes and just see what happens?

"But we should be competing for seventh, eighth, ninth, 10th, 11th. We have proven that we can do that in the past" - Is this meant to imply some sort of achievement has been gained? "We have proven we're average enough to finish midtable"?

He shoots himself in the foot every single weekend with the nonsense he comes out with.

That's this cunt all over though, isn't it? (Pardew, not you, Zanetti).

That complete and utter tosspot, David fucking Craig yesterday on Sky's Soccer Saturday, managing to do what no other media person can and have a good natter with Ashley, (Which should assure everyone that Craig is in his pocket), spewing forth his Master's propaganda about not being able to compete with the Mancs and Russian cash at Chelsea to win a title, (nice to see Mourinho questioning whether Man City should be stripped of their trophies by the way, what a complete lack of self awareness from another myopic twat, but at least the London Journalists love him, bless his little cheeky Portuguese socks). Err, where was I? :lol: Ah yes, our unrealistic expectations of trying to win a title according to Mike Ashley's football spokesman, David 'Propa Reet Bo' Craig. Unbelievable, indeed Jeff.