Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I disagree with that sentiment Stevie, he wants players in. He may have a long term contract but he is already the 3rd (4th) longest serving premiership manager. Perversely that means he knows he could be out of a job this year or next. In that case, his main loyalty is to himself. Which is, thankfully for all fans, a loyalty to them indirectly. Why?

He wants players in because he will get better results, he gets better results meaning when he does lose his job, he has a better chance of getting another one. The idea that Pardew meekly plays the PR game for Ashley without any consideration for his own reputation is nonsense.

If he said he wants players in, its because he is trying to influence a situation he has no control over. Pardew wants to manage the best players possible, this is not his last job in football so why would he happily lie about wanting players in when he knows as well as anyone thats whats needed.

I couldn't disagree with your post any more. He's basically told lies to the supporters two and a half weeks ago. I don't think there is ANY DOUBT what so ever he plays the PR game for Ashley, I don't know of one manager who has spoken up for his owner more than he has, when MA has never deserved it. You're right in saying it's a situation he has no control over, so why treat us like mugs saying we'll sign two players, and this statement today is one of the most disgraceful I have seen in the last decade. Why did he not go on about overdrafts on 23rd August? Newcastle United are bigger than Norwich and Cardiff put together, that is a fact yet between them they spent £55m. Do people really think they had that money ready. They're spending it knowing the fortunes they're getting at the end of this season guaranteed, and this arsehole insults our intelligence by refering to overdraft facilities, after he'd promised us two players. He is a disgrace, and while I admire the articulate way you've tried to defend him, it's utter nonsense. There is no defence.

He should say zip. Better than blaming the fans and saying we over react or want marquee signings.

Exactly people defending him are like a 6th form debating club, where the task is to defend the indefensible.

He should say zip. Better than blaming the fans and saying we over react or want marquee signings.

I agree but on the other hand going into a press conference and saying little would cause all sorts of speculation.

What I find bemusing is that he says this "marquee signing" would have taken us into our overdraft. How much were they supposedly planning to spend? With all Ashley's money, the new TV money, we still need help off the bank?

I couldn't disagree with your post any more. He's basically told lies to the supporters two and a half weeks ago. I don't think there is ANY DOUBT what so ever he plays the PR game for Ashley, I don't know of one manager who has spoken up for his owner more than he has, when MA has never deserved it. You're right in saying it's a situation he has no control over, so why treat us like mugs saying we'll sign two players, and this statement today is one of the most disgraceful I have seen in the last decade. Why did he not go on about overdrafts on 23rd August? Newcastle United are bigger than Norwich and Cardiff put together, that is a fact yet between them they spent £55m. Do people really think they had that money ready. They're spending it knowing the fortunes they're getting at the end of this season guaranteed, and this arsehole insults our intelligence by refering to overdraft facilities, after he'd promised us two players. He is a disgrace, and while I admire the articulate way you've tried to defend him, it's utter nonsense. There is no defence.

I think you are mixing up two or three issues. Part of his job is to play the PR game for the owner, thats what the current statement is. It doesnt take a genius to work out he was trying to influence that situation a few weeks ago. He didnt get what he wanted but he like anyone with a proper job, just has to get on with it now. So aye, he is trying to make amends or whatever now but a few weeks ago he wanted players in. He wasnt saying 'i want players in' 3 weeks ago because him and Ashley thought that the best way to make the fans think they want to bring players in even though they dont.

Thats what you are claiming, "Pardew makes false statements, that he knows are true but he also knows wont happen because they all think this will have impact on how everyone is perceived over time and will make selling the fact they didnt buy anyone easier". Read that back again and tell me its not utter nonsense. I mean i can hardly think of the way to express what the implied strategy is. Pardew wants players in, if he doesnt get them he is not going to resign, we know that but its not logical to say he doesnt want better players in.

The final issue of finances etc, there is no one here who disagrees with that. Shocking stuff for now, if they spend again in Jan then there will maybe be less of a black mark but even thats not good enough.

I think you are mixing up two or three issues. Part of his job is to play the PR game for the owner, thats what the current statement is. It doesnt take a genius to work out he was trying to influence that situation a few weeks ago. He didnt get what he wanted but he like anyone with a proper job, just has to get on with it now. So aye, he is trying to make amends or whatever now but a few weeks ago he wanted players in. He wasnt saying 'i want players in' 3 weeks ago because him and Ashley thought that the best way to make the fans think they want to bring players in even though they dont.

Thats what you are claiming, "Pardew makes false statements, that he knows are true but he also knows wont happen because they all think this will have impact on how everyone is perceived over time and will make selling the fact they didnt buy anyone easier". Read that back again and tell me its not utter nonsense. I mean i can hardly think of the way to express what the implied strategy is. Pardew wants players in, if he doesnt get them he is not going to resign, we know that but its not logical to say he doesnt want better players in.

The final issue of finances etc, there is no one here who disagrees with that. Shocking stuff for now, if they spend again in Jan then there will maybe be less of a black mark but even thats not good enough.

The thing is we're from the North East of England. You're saying he's trying to influence the hierarchy with these statements, but he's making them based on a hope Ashley will relent and give him some money to spend. I'm sorry that's not good enough, we don't do the cloak and dagger stuff in the North East we like complete transparency, yes he plays the game, we don't like the game, and many of us don't like him.

Dont you come across mealy mouthed, piss weak managers in your line of work then?...theyre pretty common in my experiance; as long as theyre serving a purpose and not creating waves theyre safe. Stevie makes a valid point. Mike Ashley is a barrow boy made good with a reputation for the unconventional. Pardew is ideal for a man who point blank refuses to communicate with the supporters of NUFC. He got Mort & Llambias to do it in the past, now its all down to Pardew.

Not sure i follow that PL. The last sentence of the buit you bolded makes sense to me. The convoluted logical jumps needed to believe Pardew was lying about wanting players in doesn't.

If he's saying he wants players in with the full knowledge that hes not getting them he may not be lying to us thats true. He's at least being "economical with the truth" because he wants to keep his job instead of having the balls to walk out. Am not sure how many of would work for somebody under those circumstances. Maybe Pardew likes us really and doesnt want to inflict Kinnear on us..

Why did he not go on about overdrafts on 23rd August?

He basically said we had to sell to buy on the 23rd didn't he?

"We are dictated to a little bit on how we react. If we were to sell one of our big players, which would generate a number of funds we might split it into two and use the finance to replace him and strengthen in another postion.

"So all of that mix is in that conversation and it is very difficult to have the foresight to know what is going to happen."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10630436.Pardew__We_don_t_have_to_sell_Cabaye_to_buy/

I have no idea where they got that headline from based on his quotes.

If he's saying he wants players in with the full knowledge that hes not getting them he may not be lying to us thats true. He's at least being "economical with the truth" because he wants to keep his job instead of having the balls to walk out. Am not sure how many of would work for somebody under those circumstances. Maybe Pardew likes us really and doesnt want to inflict Kinnear on us..

That is far from clear. It takes a snide conspiracy to make what everyone said then and what you say now to ring true. It takes the most simple and straightforward logic to think the opposite: he wants better players in but is not going to resign if they dont.

You can believe what you want, i'm just arguing for what makes more sense.

The lengths Pardew will go to keep his job are laughable really.

He's contradicted himself so many times now he really has lost all credibility. Stevie is absolutely spot on - where was the talk of a marquee signing or looming overdraft limits before the window shut? Ashley is spoon feeding him this bullshit and making him look the powerless puppet he is in front of the cameras.

He knows it, Ashley knows it. The fans know it. He's only in the job because he toes the party line and he won't get a gig at a bigger club.

Can i just say too, here we are a few weeks into the season with that cunt Joe Kinnear nowhere to be seen and we're on Pardew's back. Our 3rd best* manager of modern times.

* provocative.

Kinnear has cleary had his muzzle put on.

Pardew is much better able to manage his own stream of bullshit than have Kinnear go half cocked into an interview and embarrass the whole club.

It's admirable to me that publicly Pardew is eating this shit sandwich at the minute and trying his best to keep the club moving forwards.

He could do a Keegan and fuck off out the door in a blaze of abuse aimed at the owner...but he wasn't sold the pup that Keegan was. He knew what he was getting into and I'd much prefer him to keep it stable for now than blow our season apart with in fighting and finger pointing.

We all know who has failed the club. In private, Pardew will be telling those people they have failed the club. I don't understand why fans need to hear what they already know.

Can i just say too, here we are a few weeks into the season with that cunt Joe Kinnear nowhere to be seen and we're on Pardew's back. Our 3rd best* manager of modern times.

* provocative.

When I was at Headley Court one of my mates there had lost both his lower arms in a mortar attack in NI. He went through quite a few prosthetic arms in getting them fitted and usability and skin tone match. His best arms of that period still weren't as good as proper arms by a long way so you can imagine how shit the third best arms were.

Kinnear has cleary had his muzzle put on.

Pardew is much better able to manage his own stream of bullshit than have Kinnear go half cocked into an interview and embarrass the whole club.

It's admirable to me that publicly Pardew is eating this shit sandwich at the minute and trying his best to keep the club moving forwards.

He could do a Keegan and fuck off out the door in a blaze of abuse aimed at the owner...but he wasn't sold the pup that Keegan was. He knew what he was getting into and I'd much prefer him to keep it stable for now than blow our season apart with in fighting and finger pointing.

We all know who has failed the club. In private, Pardew will be telling those people they have failed the club. I don't understand why fans need to hear what they already know.

Agree with every word of that, Pardew is at least trying to keep things on an even keel.

Last week i was lobbying for some analysis to be published with R&D. They provided a reason why not and the decision was taken above my head. This week i sold that argument to my markets who wanted it, even though i didnt agree with the outcome.

The whole lot of them are cunts. That is a fact no one can deny. Fair enough Pardew intimating that we needed to sell Cabaye to raise funds, but that's a disgrace in itself when mickey mouse clubs are spending millions. Also what it says is Kinnear's job at the club this summer and his ability to actually fulfil his remit, was ENTIRELY dependent on selling Cabaye. What a joke club. Honestly I hate Ashley so much I'd cheer if he done a Matthew Harding.

The lengths Pardew will go to keep his job are laughable really.

He's contradicted himself so many times now he really has lost all credibility. Stevie is absolutely spot on - where was the talk of a marquee signing or looming overdraft limits before the window shut? Ashley is spoon feeding him this bullshit and making him look the powerless puppet he is in front of the cameras.

He knows it, Ashley knows it. The fans know it. He's only in the job because he toes the party line and he won't get a gig at a bigger club.

I just linked to the quotes where he said we have to sell to buy.

The Mag were reporting it before the window closed.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-admits-newcastle-need-to-sell-before-they-buy/

I think he was told Cabaye was as good as gone. That's why Cabaye didn't play and that's why Pardew was telling everyone we would sign a couple of players. Not sure if it was good or bad, but Ashley is a stone faced poker player of a wheeler dealer and he had a price in mind for Cabaye that Arsenal didn't hit, so it all fell apart.

The stick Pardew has been getting today, as opposed to Ashley or Kinnear, is OTT.