Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seemed to give it a bit of a go for about 15min in the second half...There is a flicker of hope. The thinking behind Shola was that he could 'mix it' with their giants and he nearly did kill a couple of them... :lol:

Pards understands the 442 better than anything else so I expect at least one 'winger' to arrive next week.

Hatem was shooting cause he had little support and only Cisse (hiding behind players) to aim at.

He seemed to nail 433 mind but he seldom put anything decent together with the 4231.

A lot of older lads in the ground just want to see ''two up top'' anyway I doubt they care what's in between.

Story seems to be planted by the Palace hierarchy to tell Pardew if he does resign he has a job to go to.

I've supported Pardew throughout as he gets on with a very tough job in stupidly difficult circumstances. The galvanising in 10/11 and the 5th in 11/12 bought him a lot of time from me. If he went and by some miracle we bring in a manager known for tactical intelligence and attacking football, no one would give a fuck though.

However, part of me still thinks Ashely brought in Kinnear to shut the complaining fans up and to be fair, if Pardew does turn things around this year, he would have a point.

He's still got my backing taking everything into account. It's just the long aimless punts forward that I have never understood (they used to happen in the season we finished 5th too, just with less frequency). Does Pardew not trust the defence to be able to play the ball out from the back? There's no way he can seriously believe Cisse is ever going to win a header. I can see why we went after Gomis and Bent - to add some physicality to the attack and I think that's what Pardew ideally would like, probably in a 4-4-2 alongside Cisse. Does that leave Remy on the left wing? Not sure it gives us the required balance, especially with Tiote looking such a liability.

Tom makes a good point about the 4-3-3, we were all screaming out for it last season but we never really got close to playing that same system that worked so well in the second half of the 5th season, Ba was really quite effective on the left side, allowing Cisse into better positions.

Why is he complaining about absent players today? It was the same thing last season, and yet we've failed to strengthen (thus far anyway), made the squad weaker in fact. So why the hell is he complaining? Drives me nuts.

You think it's his fault we haven't strengthened?

Get the impression you don't know how things work at Newcastle.

You think it's his fault we haven't strengthened?

Get the impression you don't know how things work at Newcastle.

Look, he's part of the management. So fine, its not up to him. But he's nufc when he talks to the media and it just seems silly to me when you complain about things you could and should have addressed. If he doesnt have that control, walk away. If thats not an option, then shut up and get on with it.

I have sympathies for Pardew and his situation. I do realise he's probably as frustrated as any of us about this and is venting it out in whatever ways he can. Im just sick of this whole merry go round we have to deal with. Blame Ashley, Kinnear or Pardew. They're all a part of this. None of them will quit OR solve our problems. Instead what we get is a constant feed of how hard they are trying and how we cant compete with bigger clubs like West Ham, Southampton and Fulham. Fucking excuses for their incompetence. Making it out as if we've been dealt an unfair hand or that we're only being held back by things we cant control is just not right.

Rent was much more effective on the wing for QPR

Didn't see anything of Remy at QPR, so that's encouraging. But with Ben Arfa and Remy as protection in front of Debuchy and Santon I'm a little worried about our defensive situation. Particularly with Tiote looking like a liability as he currently is. Do people think Sissoko and Anita is a viable partnership in a 4-4-2? I'm thinking both defensively and creatively.

However, part of me still thinks Ashely brought in Kinnear to shut the complaining fans up and to be fair, if Pardew does turn things around this year, he would have a point.

Yeah, appointing Kinnear will stop fans complaining! Extraordinary comment, Ashley does not give a fuck what the fans think.

Apparently linked to the Crystal Palace job

A job in Lahndan, at a club he loves, without those pesky demanding fans. If he gets full autonomy and the support of the owner (and the owner isn't an arsehole like ours), it must be tempting. I wonder if it's true though

In all fairness Pardew only earns 500,000 a year. thats only 3.5 million.

nearly half their total transfer expenditure this summer

And they'd have sacking holloway with 4 years comp on top of that.