Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “They all expected a marquee signing, although I have to say a marquee signing would have taken us into our overdraft facility.

“That was something we really didn’t want to do, although there were two or three bids that went in that would have definitely put us in that.

“There was the will there, but I don’t wantto say any more thanthat.

“I don’t want to affect our fans any more than they’ve been affected.

“They’re disappointed, but we still carry a team that can have a successful season.”

Gomis’ agent revealed yesterday that he could make a cut-price move for less than £2.5m in January from Lyon.

And while Pardew also revealed a bid for an English player also fell through towards the end of the window, when asked about future transfer plans, he said: “I don’t want to give our fans any kind of discussion about January.

“We’ll get plenty of time to talk about that leading up to it.”

Director of football Joe Kinnear – who has yet to offer any explanation for a disastrous transfer window – has stayed tight-lipped about recruitment despite making boastful claims earlier this summer.

Pardew says he was disappointed not to sign a new striker and said: “Our fans wanted a marquee signing.

“I stated that I wanted another offensive player.

“Another striker would have helped us.

“I’m really happy with my strikers, but I’m a bit vulnerable to injury.

“But everybody has trained, and we’ve got a great team to turn up at Villa.

“We’ve got a really good side, and a good bench, a bench which can affect the game.

“I don’t want to talk about that. But for the mood of everybody, it’s been tough.”

-------------------------

What a cunt! They all expected a marquee signing, aye! Because he said on August 23rd we'd have towo in by the end of the window. On about overdraft facilities. FOR FUCK SAKE. Cardiff City spent £35m, what an utter lying cunt of a man he is. Arsehole.

Did we fuck want a big signing. We wanted A signing. While I appreciate Pardew is being force fed bullshit and trying his best not to puke it back in our faces, he doesnt need to come out with this kind of bullshit.

We didnt expect to sign Gareth fucking Bale. Gomis would have been a good start and that's hardly "marquee". Cunts.

Did we fuck want a big signing. We wanted A signing. While I appreciate Pardew is being force fed bullshit and trying his best not to puke it back in our faces, he doesnt need to come out with this kind of bullshit.

We didnt expect to sign Gareth fucking Bale. Gomis would have been a good start and that's hardly "marquee". Cunts.

That's spot on like.

I think it's the fact he has played up to the stereotype of Geordies demanding a "trophy" signing that is most disappointing. Tried to shift focus from the total inability of Kinnear/Ashley to deliver any of the quality the squad needs and onto the unreasonable (fictional) expectations of fans.

Thought John Carver was supposed to be his right hand Geordie, warning him against shite like that.

We now have about 15 premiership games before the window opens with a smaller squad that just escaped relegation. As Stevie says the "mickey mouse clubs" have spent money we borrowed a player ffs the sad reality is we are becoming one of those "mickey mouse clubs". Ashley gambled last year and just about got away with it by buying in January. He's trying it on again this season but at what cost ?.Slowly but surely Pardew is being sold down the river & when it all goes tits up will be first out the door. Don't expect Kinnear to replace Pardew he'll be long gone it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley appointed Beardsley as the next manager. It's going to be another rollercoaster season but sadly i think for all the wrong reasons.

We now have about 15 premiership games before the window opens with a smaller squad that just escaped relegation.

Since last season started

Out

Ba

Ranger

Harper

Simpson

Perch

In

Anita

Debuchy

Mbiwa

Gouffran

Haidara

Sissoko

So the squad is currently larger than the one we went into the season with last year...a season when we played 14 extra games in Europe.

He wants to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on what happens on the pitch. That's what we judge him by - everyone knows the transfer failures are not his fault, but mouthing that complete load of bullshit is only going to harm his image in the eyes of fans. I understand he was probably forced into that bogus statement, but if I were him now I'd answer transfer questions with "Sorry, the window has closed and we just have to focus on making sure this is a successful season."

He'd get shit for coming out with that answer too. I'm sure he would like to have said 'you'll have to refer those questions to our Director of Football' but he's obviously been told that it's up to him to explain our lack of transfer activity even though it wasn't anything to do with him.

I can't wait to see the club explain the sizeable profit we're going to record in the financial results for this period.

He'd get shit for coming out with that answer too. I'm sure he would like to have said 'you'll have to refer those questions to our Director of Football' but he's obviously been told that it's up to him to explain our lack of transfer activity even though it wasn't anything to do with him.

I can't wait to see the club explain the sizeable profit we're going to record in the financial results for this period.

Won't the January buys and the £18m debt repayment mean we break even? With only Ba fetching anything to offset.

Since last season started

Out

Ba

Ranger

Harper

Simpson

Perch

In

Anita

Debuchy

Mbiwa

Gouffran

Haidara

Sissoko

So the squad is currently larger than the one we went into the season with last year...a season when we played 14 extra games in Europe.

Ok i stand corrected cheers so really having a larger squad and no European games we should do much better than last season cant see it myself like

Edited by trooper

Won't the January buys and the £18m debt repayment mean we break even? With only Ba fetching anything to offset.

The loan repayment won't hit the P&L so the headline figure will show a healthy profit.

The loan repayment won't hit the P&L so the headline figure will show a healthy profit.

Won't it be eaxactly the same as the £11m last year? They didn't announce a huge profit and then take the £11m out. The £11m was included as an expense and the bottom line was a small profit.

Won't it be eaxactly the same as the £11m last year? They didn't announce a huge profit and then take the £11m out. The £11m was included as an expense and the bottom line was a small profit.

The £11m wasn't included as an expense iirc, the loan repayment is a balance sheet transaction, it shouldn't be recorded anywhere on the P&L afaia. The last set of accounts showed a small profit because that's exactly what we made, the loan repayment came from the cash in the bank as a result of the large profit in the 10-11 financial period.

The next set of accounts to be released will only be up until 30/06/13 and so will include the January signings but won't include the massive increase in TV revenue so we're unlike to see a big profit recorded there, it'll be the set of accounts after that which should show a healthy profit, barring any big signings in January.

And for the record, I was a terrible accountant so I'm happy to be corrected on any of the P&L/BS stuff.

The £11m wasn't included as an expense iirc, the loan repayment is a balance sheet transaction, it shouldn't be recorded anywhere on the P&L afaia. The last set of accounts showed a small profit because that's exactly what we made, the loan repayment came from the cash in the bank as a result of the large profit in the 10-11 financial period.

The next set of accounts to be released will only be up until 30/06/13 and so will include the January signings but won't include the massive increase in TV revenue so we're unlike to see a big profit recorded there, it'll be the set of accounts after that which should show a healthy profit, barring any big signings in January.

And for the record, I was a terrible accountant so I'm happy to be corrected on any of the P&L/BS stuff.

That's why I'm optimistic about next season.

Either he spends a canny wedge or starts paying off the original loan, which hasn't had a repayment timescale associated to it previously. For some strange reason I think it'll be the former.

Said I wasn't going to post in here until he was sacked after his shocker last season but I just wanted to say that it's refreshing to say he got everything spot on today and what really impressed most was his positive outlook on things and not reverting to type by leaving Tiote and Taylor out too.

Said I wasn't going to post in here until he was sacked after his shocker last season but I just wanted to say that it's refreshing to say he got everything spot on today and what really impressed most was his positive outlook on things and not reverting to type by leaving Tiote and Taylor out too.

:up:

Attack, attack, attack today. :banana:

I suppose credit should be given where due, picked the team we all wanted to see and had them playing good football. Think Villa afforded us too much space upfront but a refreshing performance nonetheless.

Of course the pitch forks will be out if it goes badly next week :)

I think any one who thinks that team would have taken to the field yesterday but for the injuries / suspensions to Jonas, Tiote and Taylor are mad.

Stop this.