The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Looks like Jose got in trouble with Twitter

Meanwhile, Pardew will remind his players of their social networking responsibilities after Enrique revealed his hamstring injury four hours before kick-off on Twitter. Recent Twitter convert Enrique was issued with a dressing down by the United manager, who stopped short of saying he will ban his squad from using the website.

But he will make sure that sensitive team news is kept off the site – which might disappoint the Spanish defender’s 5,400 followers. Enrique is expected to be fit for Sunday’s trip to Wigan – something else he told Twitter before kick off. “We’ve spoken about it,” Pardew said. “I got a text message saying that the press and everyone knew because he had Tweeted about his injury, and that’s something we need to look at as a club.

“Players can’t be giving that sort of information away. We’ll have to make it club policy that has to stop. This instant news society is difficult to police, but we’ll do our best. Will he be okay for the Wigan game? I’ll check his Tweets and see.”

Still, you got to laugh!

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Looks like Jose got in trouble with Twitter

Meanwhile, Pardew will remind his players of their social networking responsibilities after Enrique revealed his hamstring injury four hours before kick-off on Twitter. Recent Twitter convert Enrique was issued with a dressing down by the United manager, who stopped short of saying he will ban his squad from using the website.

But he will make sure that sensitive team news is kept off the site – which might disappoint the Spanish defender’s 5,400 followers. Enrique is expected to be fit for Sunday’s trip to Wigan – something else he told Twitter before kick off. “We’ve spoken about it,” Pardew said. “I got a text message saying that the press and everyone knew because he had Tweeted about his injury, and that’s something we need to look at as a club.

“Players can’t be giving that sort of information away. We’ll have to make it club policy that has to stop. This instant news society is difficult to police, but we’ll do our best. Will he be okay for the Wigan game? I’ll check his Tweets and see.”

Still, you got to laugh!

Fuck off Pardew. Lennon would've played anyway so I hardly see how it's letting the cat out of the bag. I like that the footballers have these tweets, it allows the fans to see the human side of them a bit more.

Pardew should have kept that in house.

Snide remarks to the press are not going to get your players onside, especially as Hughton did everything behind closed doors.

Nice one, "Pards".

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Pardew should have kept that in house.

Snide remarks to the press are not going to get your players onside, especially as Hughton did everything behind closed doors.

Nice one, "Pards".

Exactly. Especially as sarcastic as that. I just don't like him I never have, any manager who shags his players' wives is scum as far as I'm concerned.

I think both Pardew and Enrique should have kept their comments private.

If Pardew banned the players using it, I'd say it was a decision that unfortunately had been forced on him by irresponsibility of his players.

The right thing would have been for him to tell them, in private, such things are wrong and tell them what will happen if they don't stop.

I can't see what all the fuss is about. So what, he posted it on Twitter but that hardly would've changed Spurs gameplan now, would it? They always rely on their widemen and use them like they did yesterday so basically, in truth, it made fuck all difference to anything.

Pardew may feel agrieved, but he should'nt say it how he did. Cunt

I can't see what all the fuss is about. So what, he posted it on Twitter but that hardly would've changed Spurs gameplan now, would it? They always rely on their widemen and use them like they did yesterday so basically, in truth, it made fuck all difference to anything.

It makes a massive difference. Players research who they are playing against, are told who to mark when etc... playing with two right footed players on the left side is obviously a weakness.

It makes a massive difference. Players research who they are playing against, are told who to mark when etc... playing with two right footed players on the left side is obviously a weakness.

I doubt it made any difference to the outcome or the side they put out whatsoever tbh. I agree with Leazes though, he probably shouldn't have tweeted it and Pardew should've kept it 'in house'.

I think Enrique seems to be the type that will brush off petty shit like that and get on with it, thankfully. If Barton or Nolan had done it then we'd have been seeing some canny interviews coming out of it.

Jose panics, he threatened to delete his twitter for the second time in a couple of weeks over this. Bless him ;)

It's the kind of squad we have, pissing around with gadgets and giggling instead of reading up on the opposition and preparing mentally for a game in isolation on a Japanese island.

Sounds like Allardyce... then come match time he'd set it all up for route one.