The Twitter Thread

peasepud

Why are people incapable of ignoring this fat fucking arsehole from Boldon? You've given him another night of the attention he craves, and I don't doubt he'll be back today for more of the same. I bet he went to bed last night and lay next to his sleeping wife, silently tearing the head off it in celebration of how clever he's been in winding everyone up tonight.

Just. Fucking. Ignore. Him.

We're willing to keep hoying hundreds of pounds a year at a far more insidious fat cunt, so engaging with his forum mouthpiece goes without saying.

:razz:

Why are people incapable of ignoring this fat fucking arsehole from Boldon? You've given him another night of the attention he craves, and I don't doubt he'll be back today for more of the same. I bet he went to bed last night and lay next to his sleeping wife, silently tearing the head off it in celebration of how clever he's been in winding everyone up tonight.

Just. Fucking. Ignore. Him.

Missed this. :razz::lol: :lol:

Steve Wraith same across well on SSN this morning

What was his craic? I think at times he's all about self-promotion but at other times he gets it spot on.

Basically saying Ashley hasn't got a clue. That Barton and Nolan are about as far away from prima donna footballers as you can get and that the £35mil being reinvested in the training ground is a pisstake. Basically everything thats been said on here but said in a fairly eloquent way.

Basically saying Ashley hasn't got a clue. That Barton and Nolan are about as far away from prima donna footballers as you can get and that the £35mil being reinvested in the training ground is a pisstake. Basically everything thats been said on here but said in a fairly eloquent way.

Right, cheers. Good point about Barton and Nolan as well. The fact that they wanted to remain loyal to the club will, I fear, contrast sharply with the new arrivals this summer. Especially if things aren't going smoothly.

(I would also add that the 60 or 70 regular members on here are particularly pro ashley. Have a look on places like Twitter or NO and you will see that its a much more even split on these sort of issues. Its also quite interesting to see some regular posters on here making some very legitimate anti Barton posts elsewhere tonight. Couldnt imagine why they wouldnt post the same views here. :D )

;)

Of course that should have read anti ashley.

Nice to see Mark Douglas in the Journal this morning virtually have joined together most of my posts into a good un biassed piece.

NEWCASTLE United's summer of discontent just worsened.

Joey Barton was the master of his own downfall at St James' Park, but his imminent departure leaves Newcastle United in trouble ahead of the new season.

For while Tweeting Joey Barton was certainly culpable in his own black and white downfall, there can be little doubt that United’s big promises back in January are looking somewhat hollow this morning.

The board insisted after Andy Carroll’s departure that every penny of the £35million recouped would be re-invested in the team but instead the net spend has been around £500,000 and the club are set to start the season without their two outstanding midfielders from last term.

It doesn’t much look like progress and while the balance sheet might be boosted by the removal of a contract worth some £60,000-a-week, the loss of Barton’s cutting edge, spirit, tenacity and goal threat is a major blow for Alan Pardew.

No doubt the board felt a line had been crossed when enfant terrible Barton tapped up a trio of withering Tweets in the car park at Elland Road. Having refused to speak to journalists in the mixed zone – “If I say what I think it might cause a riot,” he said – Barton simply couldn’t hold his tongue any longer. What had prompted his ire?

Supporters had spotted him arguing with both John Carver and Steve Stone during the warm-up and his agent Willie McKay told Talksport yesterday that the decision to strip him of corner kick and free-kick duties had irked him. It is understood he also wasn’t happy at being overlooked for the captaincy.

But in truth this has been coming for nearly a year – since the moment Barton stepped up to confront Derek Llambias in a no-holds-barred dressing room meeting following the sacking of Chris Hughton.

The midfielder gave his opinion freely and repeated those strident criticisms when Carroll was sold in January. On two occasions he had agreed a contract only to step back at the last minute – first saying he needed assurances that United remained ambitious and then taking issue with the length of the deal.

All the while he was letting people know behind-the-scenes what he made of Llambias and owner Mike Ashley, talking in critical terms about the pair at charity talk-ins towards the end of the season. Although journalists who attended stayed true to the ‘off-the-record’ agreement they made before walking through the doors, the comments circulated freely on messageboards and Twitter – and the club’s key men were aware of what was being said about them. It is understood that he once refused to shake Ashley’s hand at the training ground.

Given the robust, broker no discontent philosophy of the United board, that was always going to land him in trouble. Llambias rightly pointed to the fact United stood by the player through the trials and tribulations of his first two seasons at St James’ Park, yet he was showing a distinct lack of gratitude in his public approach.

Already angered at the way he had used his Twitter account to criticise them following Kevin Nolan’s sale, United were absolutely furious when Barton made public his grievances with the club’s transfer policy and general approach following Sunday’s defeat.

Add to that the fact that Barton gave a red-faced tongue lashing to his team-mates in the dressing room – including new arrival Yohan Cabaye and several younger players – and Newcastle felt he had become a disruptive, potentially poisonous influence on the team.

For a player who employs a PR advisor – White Stripes manager Ian Montone – it was not the smartest of moves to take to Twitter to express his feelings. Llambias consulted with Ashley and the decision was made to make him available on a free to prevent more internal strife and disruption from their ‘loose cannon’.

Pardew was at a managers’ meeting in the Midlands yesterday and was being advised to keep his counsel until the pre-Fiorentina press conference later in the week.

Having reacted to Nolan’s departure by agreeing with the club’s approach, it is unlikely he will depart from the philosophy of his paymasters – after all, it was a decision that ended up costing Kevin Keegan his job.

While there is sense in United trying to peddle a player who has so disrupted a pre-season campaign, where does it leave them before the Arsenal game at St James’ Park a week on Saturday?

The answer has to be considerably weaker than they were last season, when a team underpinned by the nous and savvy of Nolan and Barton managed to kick, spit and scrap their way to 11th in the Premier League.

Team spirit was the key to that finish but despite talk of the bonds formed in America, the undercurrents of discontent are becoming ripples. Danny Simpson, for example, took to Twitter to claim he was “lost for words” at the Barton announcement.

In terms of quality, too, they have lost the goal power of one of their key attacking influences. Cabaye brings flair, finesse and judging by Sunday’s efforts hard work – but he remains untested in the white hot atmosphere of the Premier League. Will he still be making lung busting runs in February? We know Barton would have been endeavouring to do so.

The midfielder may have written his own suicide note with his self-defeating actions of the past seven months, but Newcastle fans will be fearful that the club are creating problems too by its determination not to spend big money.

One well-placed source admitted Llambias and Ashley’s vision is “unsexy” in the short-term. But the club believe it is appealing in the long-term, with self-sufficiency the goal over the next few years.

It is an admirable aim, but in the here and now it has left United extremely vulnerable and rebellion fermenting on the terraces. Without a ball being kicked, pessimism is enveloping Newcastle once again.

Barton: Turns down January contract and spends six months slagging off employers.

Turns down January contract when he has concerns regarding the direction of the club. When his concerns are found to be well warranted and he calls the owners out on it, instead of responding appropriately they offer him up for free because it's easier to do.

Barton turned down the initial offer in January. He wanted a longer contract, out of respect for his family, and were willing to take a paycut. The club didn't comeback with another offer, and when they finally did sit down again, it was only so that the club could tell Barton and his representatives, that there would be any deals.

Only after that did Barton start voicing his opinion on twitter. He had said something before, to the media. Simpson, Routledge and Enrique also voiced their concern with the club. And Barton didn't slag the off. He voiced his concerns, but did it in a civil manner. He didn't call anyone a cunt or twat. He might have been out of order doing so, but he attacked the way they conduct business, and not the ones that conducted business.

Barton didn't need to orchestrate a way out of his contract. Newcastle did that for him, when they said they wouldn't negotiate anymore.

Bartons a disgrace

Nolan's a disgrace

Carroll's a disgrace

Milner's a disgrace

Enrique's a disgrace

Given's a disgrace

All engineering moves out of a club that clearly has ambition and drive, ran by a man of great vision.

Sod off.

If it's a one off the player can be called a twat. When it's a flood of your best players desparate to get away you have to look higher up the chain of command.

According to this recent survey in the Sun (before the latest shennanigans):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ans-survey.html

Newcastle fans' satisfaction in regard to the owner was the lowest amongst all PL clubs. You can take the piss but I'd imagine the Sun's readership is more representative of your typical Newcastle fan than Newcastle-Online or Twitter.

We must be the only team in the premier league football that has wilfully worsened its squad in the last 2 transfer windows.

FYP

Why did we need to spend £35m on a training facility that has already had massive investment in the past 10 years? It's not like the facilities are like they were when we were down Benwell Lane. Anyone who went there knows how bad that was.

Why did we need to spend £35m on a training facility that has already had massive investment in the past 10 years? It's not like the facilities are like they were when we were down Benwell Lane. Anyone who went there knows how bad that was.

Think it's worth reiterating (or perhaps it isn't but I will anyway) exactly what Pardew said in the wake of Carroll's departure:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it', and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used."

Think it's worth reiterating (or perhaps it isn't but I will anyway) exactly what Pardew said in the wake of Carroll's departure:

"The one thing I said to Mike yesterday was, 'Look, if this boy is going to go, this money has to be reinvested in the team, all of it', and he has assured me of that. For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used."

Certainly worth keeping that one. Be nice if he done a phone in to shove that fucker up his arse.

Certainly worth keeping that one. Be nice if he done a phone in to shove that fucker up his arse.

I'd like to know where it's been reported that we spent THIRTY FIVE million on the training centre, which was top notch anyway. There's nee way we spent more than £10m on it in the last 8 month - fact. Honestly if I saw Ashley now, I'd fuckin lamp him, it's a bad nightmare this I feel even worse now than before Reading in 2009.

I'd like to know where it's been reported that we spent THIRTY FIVE million on the training centre, which was top notch anyway. There's nee way we spent more than £10m on it in the last 8 month - fact. Honestly if I saw Ashley now, I'd fuckin lamp him, it's a bad nightmare this I feel even worse now than before Reading in 2009.

One day he's gonna be on holiday somewhere and he's gonna walk into the wrong bar and get his face smashed in. I don't condone that sort of carry on, but I would have very little sympathy for him.

He was questioned on it during his last Radio Newcastle phone in and he said that the club secretary has shown him the figures and us mere fans don't understand that a lot of the money has gone where we can't see, though we can rest assured that it's all going on the team. ;)

One day he's gonna be on holiday somewhere and he's gonna walk into the wrong bar and get his face smashed in. I don't condone that sort of carry on, but I would have very little sympathy for him.

violence solves nothing.

violence solves nothing.

Cheers for that, Gandhi.

He was questioned on it during his last Radio Newcastle phone in and he said that the club secretary has shown him the figures and us mere fans don't understand that a lot of the money has gone where we can't see, though we can rest assured that it's all going on the team. ;)

Said the fans needed their "cards marked" iirc :D