The Twitter Thread

peasepud

So the bottom line from Willie McKay is that Joey was pissed off yesterday because they chose someone else (assume Cabaye) to be the main corner / free kick taker.

FFS

Is the bigger point he made not that Barton wasnt offered a contract and he wanted to stay?....

Barton was offered a contract at Christmas and turned it down.

According to the club. Just as Nolan was and then it was just dropped.

According to his agent as well on five live tonight. They offered 3 years, he wanted 4.

So the bottom line from Willie McKay is that Joey was pissed off yesterday because they chose someone else (assume Cabaye) to be the main corner / free kick taker.

FFS

Is the bigger point he made not that Barton wasnt offered a contract and he wanted to stay?....

Offered new contracts to keep them sweet until the end of the season, then get shot of them by the looks of things.

Would both still be here had they signed the contracts offered to them in January.

FFS

Offered new contracts to keep them sweet until the end of the season, then get shot of them by the looks of things.

Would both still be here had they signed the contracts offered to them in January.

The verbal contracts.

CT sounding like Comical Ali there. At the end of the day we've got a top premiership player at the peak of his abilities on our books and we're pushing him out of the door for nothing. We can't even live with letting his contract run out and it'll probably cost much more to get a replacement in who won't be as good, if we get one at all.

I realise there's an alternative version of events where Barton is a money grabbing bastard who's trying to engineer a lucrative move but I don't buy it for a second tbh. I think the reality is they were either hoping to either re-sign him for a pittance or flog him on for a few mill. Barton wasn't going to let the do either and I don't blame him.

Nolan's quotes regarding renaged handshakes with Dekka say all there is to know about what these fuckers stand for .

That'll be the same Nolan that acted as mother hen to their prize golden chick for them that they later cashed in on . Oh they're canny like .

FFS

The verbal contracts.

The one he decided not to sign :razz:

Quotes the week after he knocked it back.

"As far as I'm aware, I had agreed in principle to sign a deal. I want to stay at this club – I have stated that on numerous occasions.

"When stuff happens like what happened during the week, then obviously you think, 'Hang on a minute, what is going on here? Is this the right move? Is this the right decision to make?'. But I am enjoying my football here. I love living in the city, the fans are brilliant with me – I feel I am building a real rapport with them.

"I am disappointed that Andy has gone, as are a number of people in [the squad], because we felt he was a big part of us building a successful football club. But I am told they are going to reinvest the money and as long as that happens, I don't think there will be a problem if they invest the money quite wisely.

"But that's not my job, my job is to turn up and play football. I did think a little bit, 'Is this the right move to make?', but I owe a lot to this club for giving me the chances after I have let them down in the past.

FFS

The verbal contracts.

The one he decided not to sign :razz:

Quotes the week after he knocked it back.

"As far as I'm aware, I had agreed in principle to sign a deal. I want to stay at this club – I have stated that on numerous occasions.

"When stuff happens like what happened during the week, then obviously you think, 'Hang on a minute, what is going on here? Is this the right move? Is this the right decision to make?'. But I am enjoying my football here. I love living in the city, the fans are brilliant with me – I feel I am building a real rapport with them.

"I am disappointed that Andy has gone, as are a number of people in [the squad], because we felt he was a big part of us building a successful football club. But I am told they are going to reinvest the money and as long as that happens, I don't think there will be a problem if they invest the money quite wisely.

"But that's not my job, my job is to turn up and play football. I did think a little bit, 'Is this the right move to make?', but I owe a lot to this club for giving me the chances after I have let them down in the past.

I love how you stopped reading the article after the first sentence. Read the rest of it, then you'll understand why he didnt sign it, because he was unsure what road the club was being taken down, and what these past 8-9 months has proved he's not taking us down a road, but taking us down shit creek without a fucking paddle

CT you really are a tedious attention seeking wanker.

Presented with a range of facts, rumours and half truths you will focus on the ones which allow you to argue the alternate view, every time, without fail.

Did your parents ignore you as a child?

CT sounding like Comical Ali there. At the end of the day we've got a top premiership player at the peak of his abilities on our books and we're pushing him out of the door for nothing. We can't even live with letting his contract run out and it'll probably cost much more to get a replacement in who won't be as good, if we get one at all.

I realise there's an alternative version of events where Barton is a money grabbing bastard who's trying to engineer a lucrative move but I don't buy it for a second tbh. I think the reality is they were either hoping to either re-sign him for a pittance or flog him on for a few mill. Barton wasn't going to let the do either and I don't blame him.

Twitter have offered him 60k a week apparently on a 30 year deal and free Nazi type hair cuts and tache tickles. :razz:

I love how you stopped reading the article after the first sentence. Read the rest of it, then you'll understand why he didnt sign it, because he was unsure what road the club was being taken down, and what these past 8-9 months has proved he's not taking us down a road, but taking us down shit creek without a fucking paddle

??? Not at all. Its up to him if he didnt want to sign it. (I even kept reading to the last paragrapgh) :razz:

But lets not lose site of the fact that he was offered a deal and turned it down.

CT you really are a tedious attention seeking wanker.

Presented with a range of facts, rumours and half truths you will focus on the ones which allow you to argue the alternate view, every time, without fail.

Did your parents ignore you as a child?

Yawn! :razz:

Usual boring patter from Brighton.

I am looking at the facts. Those that want to ignore them and run around with their arms in the air are free to do so.

Facts are facts regardless whether they suit your argument or not.

I am sure you as a child (and adult) just wait for some direction before forming an opinion.

Sign a new contract for less money at a club where it's a given that they'll sell the ground from underneath you if they can broker a deal.

Feel for Cabaye - what has he gotten himself into? I guess all the Frenchies will just see us a stepping stone to a larger team with ambitions that extend beyond flipping players for profit and an owner and chairman with the actual interests of the team in mind, not a chuckle bunch of miscreants whose prime motivation seems to be making sure everyone knows they're big man on campus.

If we didn't have a thin squad lacking in creativity (as it stands) I personally wouldn't give a fuck about Barton.

That's the point though isn't it Parky? We can't afford to lose someone of his calibre, and since Fatty Arbuckle is obviously operating a sell to buy policy, it's unlikely he'll be replaced imo. Let's hope these new French lads don't get injured or turn out to be lightweight couldn't-give-a-fuck types, eh?

Edited by Kitman

I am looking at the facts. Those that want to ignore them and run around with their arms in the air are free to do so.

I am sure you as a child (and adult) just wait for some direction before forming an opinion.

The facts are our owner continues to shit on us from a great height and you continue to dig around to find ways to apologise for him.

I don't get it, perhaps someone could give me a steer.

:razz:

The facts are our owner continues to shit on us from a great height and you continue to dig around to find ways to apologise for him.

I don't get it, perhaps someone could give me a steer.

:razz:

there you go :lol:

longhorn-steer-2.jpg

The only pertinent and undeniable fact is that the club have transfer listed the player of last season. Make of that what any person with sense would.

If you then put that in the context of other movements it's even more condemning.

In January the club sold their leading scorer who was contracted to the club for 5 years. In June the club sold their leading scorer and captain who was contracted to the club for 2 years.

If we didn't have a thin squad lacking in creativity (as it stands) I personally wouldn't give a fuck about Barton.

That's the point though isn't it Parky? We can't afford to lose someone of his calibre, and since Fatty Arbuckle is obviously operating a sell to buy policy, it's unlikely he'll be replaced imo. Let's hope these new French lads don't get injured or turn out to be lightweight couldn't-give-a-fuck types, eh?

You know things are bad when you're relying on the French. :razz:

The only pertinent and undeniable fact is that the club have transfer listed the player of last season. Make of that what any person with sense would.

If you then put that in the context of other movements it's even more condemning.

In January the club sold their leading scorer who was contracted to the club for 5 years. In June the club sold their leading scorer and captain who was contracted to the club for 2 years.

Extenuating facts in every case though.