Post a picture of something shit on Wearside

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I saw on rtg that a lot of them left during the game but fucking hell :lol:

It's hard to even blame them though, their club is just fucking terrible.

Some on RTG saying they (or people round them) left after a 60 minutes or so. It was only 0-2 at the time. I know the players got them into the shit, but I can't imagine what it's like to be playing in front of over 35k at half time, then seeing the stands rapidly empty. Can't be particularly motivating. Again, I know the players shoulder much of the blame, but if the ground is emptying at 2-0... :dunno:

Some on RTG saying they (or people round them) left after a 60 minutes or so. It was only 0-2 at the time. I know the players got them into the shit, but I can't imagine what it's like to be playing in front of over 35k at half time, then seeing the stands rapidly empty. Can't be particularly motivating. Again, I know the players shoulder much of the blame, but if the ground is emptying at 2-0... :dunno:

Oh I thought they were 4-0 down at half time... kind of agree then. With the caveat that it probably does depend on how the players were performing before the 60th minute.

They need to go down though, and I think they know that they are going down. If something you love needs to be put out of its misery, you don't watch while someone else holds a shotgun to its head.

Edited by Rayvin

Oh I thought they were 4-0 down at half time... kind of agree then. With the caveat that it probably does depend on how the players were performing before the 60th minute.

They need to go down though, and I think they know that they are going down. If something you love needs to be put out of its misery, you don't watch while someone else holds a shotgun to its head.

They were 4-0 down at half time against Villa under Poyet and thousands decided not to come back out. I honestly can't remember that many people leaving before full time at St James'. I know there's been a few games where we've seen a couple hundred leave at half time (Arsenal 4-4 game), maybe a thousand leaving around 85 minutes, but RTG are saying there was maybe 5,000 left by the time the final whistle blew. According to the BBC, that means thirty five thousand sunderland supporters bolted for the exits before the game finished! I get people piling out when the 4th or even when the 3rd went in in the 88th minute, but some of these fans were leaving at 2-0 with 30 minutes to go.

It's odd on there though, the consensus is that staying up is everything, relegation is doom. I understand the financial implications for a club with such issues on the money side of thing, but I don't understand why they can't see that they're not a Premier League club in anything but name. They haven't finished higher than 10th in 15yrs, the last time they were consistently top half of the top flight was the 1950s. Something's rotten at that club and has been for ages, there needs to be a root and branch overhaul and that takes time, money and sacrifice. 

If I were them, I'd take relegation, even with the financial risk that brings with it, if it meant I ended up with a club I could be proud of. Right now, they remain a laughing stock; "The turd that won't flush". A perennial Premier League whipping boy, that might get the odd surprising victory over the big boys, but who regularly get humped. In 15 seasons in the Premier League, they've only scored more than they've conceded in 2 seasons (ironically Bruce's reign) , 7 of their Premier League seasons have seen them score less than a goal a game.

Yet 35-40k turn up every other week. It's at once impressive and pitiful.

They were 4-0 down at half time against Villa under Poyet and thousands decided not to come back out. I honestly can't remember that many people leaving before full time at St James'. I know there's been a few games where we've seen a couple hundred leave at half time (Arsenal 4-4 game), maybe a thousand leaving around 85 minutes, but RTG are saying there was maybe 5,000 left by the time the final whistle blew. According to the BBC, that means thirty five thousand sunderland supporters bolted for the exits before the game finished! I get people piling out when the 4th or even when the 3rd went in in the 88th minute, but some of these fans were leaving at 2-0 with 30 minutes to go.

It's odd on there though, the consensus is that staying up is everything, relegation is doom. I understand the financial implications for a club with such issues on the money side of thing, but I don't understand why they can't see that they're not a Premier League club in anything but name. They haven't finished higher than 10th in 15yrs, the last time they were consistently top half of the top flight was the 1950s. Something's rotten at that club and has been for ages, there needs to be a root and branch overhaul and that takes time, money and sacrifice. 

If I were them, I'd take relegation, even with the financial risk that brings with it, if it meant I ended up with a club I could be proud of. Right now, they remain a laughing stock; "The turd that won't flush". A perennial Premier League whipping boy, that might get the odd surprising victory over the big boys, but who regularly get humped. In 15 seasons in the Premier League, they've only scored more than they've conceded in 2 seasons (ironically Bruce's reign) , 7 of their Premier League seasons have seen them score less than a goal a game.

Yet 35-40k turn up every other week. It's at once impressive and pitiful.

Aye but they developed a narrative last year during our relegation that makes that an impossible position for them. They ridiculed us for being pleased (relatively) with the outcome of last season and are still parroting their mockery of that situation now. As such, to be consistent, they have to resist relegation, and it therefore has to hurt when they go down.

What I expect we'll see is that when the time comes, there'll be a bunch of posts denying that this was ever said. Or more likely, if Rafa goes, they'll totally avoid comment on their inconsistency and just mock us over that.

They'd be far happier if they just treated this rivalry in the way we do, made a far smaller issue of it, and were able to look at what is in the best interests of their club. Which probably is relegation.

Aye but they developed a narrative last year during our relegation that makes that an impossible position for them. They ridiculed us for being pleased (relatively) with the outcome of last season and are still parroting their mockery of that situation now. As such, to be consistent, they have to resist relegation, and it therefore has to hurt when they go down.

What I expect we'll see is that when the time comes, there'll be a bunch of posts denying that this was ever said. Or more likely, if Rafa goes, they'll totally avoid comment on their inconsistency and just mock us over that.

They'd be far happier if they just treated this rivalry in the way we do, made a far smaller issue of it, and were able to look at what is in the best interests of their club. Which probably is relegation.

Oh there'll be another re-writing of history, no doubt. They'll argue that while we should have pissed  the championship because it's a pub league, if they're relegated it becomes a competitive league that we only won because we spent more than anyone else (we haven't) and the teams in the 17/18 season are better than those we faced. Whoever replaces Rotherham will be much better, whichever of the playoff hunting sides don't get up will be stronger than they were this year and the relegated Premier League sides are better equipped for the Championship than Norwich and Villa were. If they're successful and are promoted it's proof that their quality shines through, if not it's proof the 17/18 Championship is harder than thre 16/17 season.

I don't have a problem with putting a positive slant on your situation, but it becomes risible when it's hypocritical.

Their win against Palace was a brilliant away performance, their loss to Southampton flattered their guests because Sunderland played well in the first 20 minutes. 

They've got Everton and Man City next, I honestly would be surprised to see them get more than a point from those two fixtures. They're bereft of confidence and a trip to New York may clear their heads and bring them closer together, but if Lukaku scores early doors I don't think that togetherness will survive and will be a distant memory when Aguero, Jesus and de Bruyne come to town. After that it's a Middlesbrough side that may not score many, they concede fewer. 

3 tough games, especially compared to Hull's (Bur h, Lei a, Swa h).

• 1 month later...