Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, it could be that we're looking to see if we can spend the money before we accept it. Which would be reasonable. I mean, if we could get a decent striker or two and a winger or two, that would make the unpalatable, palatable.

Also, This could just be a way for Ashley to save money, we spend the entire day meekly batting away Carroll rumours so nobody notices we're not signing anyone...

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I hope we're working like fuck on some big deal. We'll put it out that we are you watch, low ball some class player and say it was too expensive tomorrow.

Tell you what, it could be that we're looking to see if we can spend the money before we accept it. Which would be reasonable. I mean, if we could get a decent striker or two and a winger or two, that would make the unpalatable, palatable.

Also, This could just be a way for Ashley to save money, we spend the entire day meekly batting away Carroll rumours so nobody notices we're not signing anyone...

You're making some really strong points Fish but I've got me panic head on now, so looks like Mikes plans worked (if the latter part of your post is what's happening)

Good of Torres to go to Chelsea just to make it seem more realistic. :unsure: Ashley wasn't going to spend any money anyway man.

Your last point seems to make a lot of sense.

I'm sure Ashley knows if he does sell Carroll and bring no-one in then the anti-Ashley atmosphere will be 100 times worse. He's stupid not suicidal.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Clear indication of our place in the current food chain. Chelsea > Liverpool > Newcastle. Oh Villa > Sunderland.

Are you on hallucinogenics?

Good of Torres to go to Chelsea just to make it seem more realistic. :unsure: Ashley wasn't going to spend any money anyway man.

Torres has had his eye on the door for the majority of the season, his departure was pretty much a lock all day.

I'm happy to admit my hope is ruling my head at the minute though.

Just trying to give balance to the people who are definite that he's gone despite nothing more reliable than tweets, ffs

4 signings in 8 hours. :unsure:

Pardoo racing from Ashley's office with the Crystal Maze music playing in the background.

Pardoo racing from Ashley's office with the Crystal Maze music playing in the background.

LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!

:unsure:

Stephen Ireland being the rocky horror bloke, dancing around him in his leopard skin coat with occassional bursts on his harmonica.

Derek Llambias in a flesh coloured swimming cap playing a mouth organ and occasionally shouting "automatic lock-in!" at the top of his voice.

Baals, Happy Face got there first.

Edited by Ketsbaia