Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11050411/LMA-forced-to-apologise-for-apology-statement-after-calling-racist-sexist-Malkay-Mackay-texts-just-banter.html

:lol: LMA forced to apologise for its own apology. As fucking useless and pointless as the PFA that lot. Professional excuse makers.

For a minute there I thought Leazes Mag's twitter rants against Ant etc had made Her Majestys Daily Telegraph, but then I noticed it was about apologising...

The Mag is so miserable right now and has been for some time. I'm surprised they don't just slit their throats and get it over with - but then they wouldn't be around to tell us "I told you so" whenever anything negative happens.

Just listen to that article. "Ferreyra prefers not playing at Newcastle United to playing at Shakhtar." Not playing? We've had 2 league games and he hasn't been fully fit for them. He just played 90 mins for the reserves. He may well play on Tuesday v. Gillingham. But already they're writing him off.

n.b. I'm also not using that cringeworthy nickname "Chucky."

Motd was funny and sad in equal measure when shearer and lineker were laughing at him for predicting relegation for 10+ teams.

It was CTesque watching him use the show to garner bites on Twitter from fans of any club not in the top 7.

Think that article is as much an indictment of journalism as Savage is of punditry. Claiming Match of the Day 50 were comparing him to Barry Davies when actually the job that he does is entirely different. I don't think Savage is a good pundit, but that article is just a personal attack and strikes me as a bit churlish.

However because he's attacking a man many don't like, the article will get praise as if it's well researched or written, which I don't think it is.

An opinion piece about an professional opinion-iser.

Think that article is as much an indictment of journalism as Savage is of punditry. Claiming Match of the Day 50 were comparing him to Barry Davies when actually the job that he does is entirely different. I don't think Savage is a good pundit, but that article is just a personal attack and strikes me as a bit churlish.

However because he's attacking a man many don't like, the article will get praise as if it's well researched or written, which I don't think it is.

An opinion piece about an professional opinion-iser.

An opinion piece about an opinion piece about a professional opinion-iser. In other words, shut your shit Dave.

Where the article is a personal attack or not, I agree with it. Savage and to a greater extent the producers responsible for Savage are eroding football punditry. Fit for the demographic though, no doubt, so the vast majority wont be complaining.

To be honest I don't think the Match of the Day format lends itself to insightful analysis in the same way as, say, Monday Night Football. It's sound-bites and clichés.

It's not just MotD, look at the pundits that have popped up over the last few seasons: Owen, Scholes, Savage, P. Neville, G. Neville, Danny Murphy, Jamie Redknapp, Jamie Carragher, Rio Ferdinand, David James, Jason Roberts.

From that lot only Gary Neville is what you would describe as good. Danny Murphy isn't the worst but the rest of them are largely clueless yet still manage to get airtime in despite of their obvious lack of charisma and insight.