Shola

Christmas Tree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly forgot that Shola was playing at times. Only to be reminded when he wasn't in the right place for a pass or whatever.

The thing about the likes of him and Best is that they do genuinely do have some talent. They can do things. But mentally they just don't seem to want to put the commitment in. Their movement is woeful at times. I was really hoping Cisse's arrival would have led to a noticable improvement in their performances yesterday, but saw nothing like it. If they keep that up, then I get the impression they're content being 3rd and fourth choice strikers.

Compare that to Ba who is everywhere for us (surprisingly wasn't for Senegal last night).

Defending from the front is lost on Shola.

As is retaining possession, winning a header or passing to a teammate.

Staying onside, hitting the target or battling for a ball.

I still don't get the mild affection people hold for this bloke - he's fucking shit and one half decent game once every 3 months should not merit a career. I've said before it's completely telling that the only good manager we've had in recent history saw straight through him and attempted to ship him out.

I read someone on N-O saying that this run of games was the time for him to step up both for his own benefit and that of the club - surprise, surprise he's failed miserably.

Yeh. I too mentioned before the game that this was his chance to show he's up for the fight to stay in contention for first team selection. He did the complete opposite of that by confirming for me that I'd rather see Lovelypants start before Shola. He is that terrible, no getting away from it.

Pardew was yelling at him for the whole first half yesterday and Shola at one point turned around and yelled back at him. I didn't catch what he said but it seemed pretty insubordinate from the body language. The cunt deserved to be yelled at and he has the gall to turn around and have a go at his manager. He can fuck right off. Should have been subbed off right then and there.

Pardew was giving it to him at the time and it looked like Shola was more looking in the direction of our bench than towards the linesman, who would have been on the other side of halfway, unless he was yelling at the fourth official. I could be wrong as well really but I judged it on the direction it seemed Shola was facing. I couldn't decipher what he said with his thick Geordie accent though. :)

Anyway, now that Demba-Demba will probably be home for Blackburn, Shola can do all the yelling he likes from the stands before turning out for the reserves in midweek.

Edited by toonotl

Again, as people know, I think he get's too much stick. He's never really been good enough. The problem he has and the reason he's never made it good at this level is that he's a carthorse and far, far, too slow to react to anything. I think people get carthorse and lazy mixed up, I have no doubt he gives 100% and tries all the time. The point is though, I would give 100% out there but I'm slow as shit as well.

Facebook racist abuse against Shola Ameobi investigated

Police are investigating reports that Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi was subjected to racist abuse via a social networking site.

The club's officials passed the matter on to police after the 30-year-old was allegedly targeted via Facebook.

Northumbria Police said it took all reports of racist abuse seriously and was working closely with the club.

Newcastle United said it had a zero tolerance approach to racism and would always take action.

The comments have since been deleted.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "We have received a report of racist comments made on Facebook on which we're working closely with Newcastle United.

"Northumbria Police take all reports of racist abuse very seriously and inquiries are being conducted."

Edited by ewerk

Aye I saw this on the front page of the Chronicle yesterday. I have to imagine that stuff like this is getting posted on your average retard's Facebook wall all the time. Just this incident happens to have found its way to the authorities.

• 3 months later...

The joy he's brought into our lives can't be doubted. Long may it continue.

Has he got a son? 3 decades of Ameobi would render me speechless.

He's only 30 so give him a couple of years. Just as Sammy is finishing up his glittering career at the Toon, in comes another Ameobi.

That' what I'm thinking, but if Sammy plays for 10 years he'll be 30 and if Shola doesn't already have a bairn we might not have an Ameobi for another 8 years!

I don't think I want to live in a world without an Ameobi plying his trade for Newcastle United

more because we've done well and he's not been starting so not really on enough to really frustrate anyone.

Exactly. He has found his niche if you will, coming on late and killing of the game.

I don't think he's as bad as people make out. He's an average Premier League striker who's never torn up trees, but he's a good pro and is getting a nice little Club Cult Hero moniker. Earned it for displays against the mackems alone if you ask me.

scored at the Camp Nou

[media=]

[/media] Edited by The Fish

It's amazing the change in people's view of Ameobi in the last twelve months. He has done a good job this season though.

Since we have more competition up front he seems to be working more tbh.