Shola

Christmas Tree

Like a new signing. :icon_lol:

I don't mind him staying. Decent squad player, always has been. He's never been good enough to be first choice though, still isn't. We still need a first choice striker.

Edited by Dr Gloom

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll play Ba and 5 in the middle. Which isn't a bad thing when you have the attacking options we do. I think (a bit like last season) we'll have a canny first XI when everyone is fit but we'll struggle when injuries and suspensions inevitably kick in.

He should have been shipped out after Roeder left.

I personally dont think he is THAT bad. Flashes of excellence mixed with a inconsistent languid style.

I'd be content for him to be backup - which he should be with his injury record.

I dont mind. Our forwards are our weakest point. At best, we will sign one more. That gives us Ba + 1. They will not stay fit all season. I dont mind having Shola as a squad player. Yes he can disappear in some games, but he can also hold the ball up if his head is in the game. He has scored 70 times for us from 180 odd starts. That in itself looks pretty good, though he has also had just over 100 subs appearances. I'd probably start him in league cup games and have him benched in the Prem. Also takes a canny pen :icon_lol:

Of course I want better, but with what we have, Id keep him.

Can't wait for the testimonial.

As Stevie said a while back, potentially the first player to get booed at his own testimonial. :icon_lol:

Isnt be becoming a bit of cult figure now? Or is that just me? :icon_lol:

Is cult a typo? :lol:

The 29-year-old, who has been with the Club since he was 13 and hit nine Premier League goals for United last season, is delighted to sign the new deal.

No he didn't.

He is a part of furniture now. We need to come to peace with this. :icon_lol:

Which piece of furniture would he be? Plainly Xisco would be a pouffe <_<

A three-legged chair.

Do you mean a stool? :icon_lol:

Quite appropriate given its other meaning :lol:

Can't wait for the testimonial.

As Stevie said a while back, potentially the first player to get booed at his own testimonial. :icon_lol:

Isnt be becoming a bit of cult figure now? Or is that just me? :lol:

Not just you :icon_lol:

Painfully average but I can't help but like the bloke. Gets far too much abuse from the stands.

I've defended Shola in the past only on the basis that I think the stick he gets it way ott. That doesn't mean I don't agree he's shite though. But there's a massive difference between being shite and not trying. He's a carthorse who's never had pace, which some people thinks makes him lazy which is a load of shite really. Wanker in front of me (who personally I hope hasn't renewed for this season because he's a tit) is on Shola's back from the 1st to the 90th minute, EVERYTHING is his fault and it's pathetic frankly.

I said right at the end of the season that if this club was serious about being competitive then we had to sell Shola. He'll make someone in the Championship a canny player, he's never going to get any better now, only worse. Unsurprsingly he's still here, which is no good for him and certainly no good for the side. Meh.