Change @ St. James

Christmas Tree

Is it worth creating a seperate thread to vent anger over Llambias' "replacements in the summer" comment?

Aye, that is a story in itself, slipped out accidently imo.

:lol: Probably :jesuswept:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it worth creating a seperate thread to vent anger over Llambias' "replacements in the summer" comment?

Aye, that is a story in itself, slipped out accidently imo.

:lol: Probably :jesuswept:

Unless he means Smith!

Team Positive in disarray here. Looks like their good start to the season couldn't be sustained after all. Will they try and get Deano and CT back in January?

I find it hilarious that many want the team to implode just because they hate the owner.

In a way if it did, it's all many on here deserve. Sadly such an implosion would also piss me off, so I live in hope.

Undone all the good PR again. Hopeless.

If true, it has to be intentional, because nobody can be so stupid.

He’s taking advantage of our good start to the season to push through the next stage of his plan to turn NUFC into SDFC. It won’t stop here. It’ll never stop.

He’s got our ‘support’ sussed though. He knows we haven’t got the character to stand up for the club we claim to love. He knows this move will be met with some half arsed protest followed by fuck all. That we’ll just roll over and take it up the arse like we always do. Pathetic.

and the ONLY thing that will register on him because of this flash in the pan decent run on the pitch, is how easy it is to get fools on his side, he will see this u-turn as simply more proof of the gullibility of some supporters and continue selling our best players and replace them with cheap chancy replacements, he will by now genuinely think his formula "works".

Beware. The club is in decline. Nothing has changed.

You've just signed up for 3 years man. Can't have it both ways.

of course. But I'm not a hypocrite who wanted the old regime out then stopped going when they got what they wanted.

Team Positive in disarray here. Looks like their good start to the season couldn't be sustained after all. Will they try and get Deano and CT back in January?

I find it hilarious that many want the team to implode just because they hate the owner.

In a way if it did, it's all many on here deserve. Sadly such an implosion would also piss me off, so I live in hope.

Name one person on here who has stated they want the team to implode. I think you'll find most if not all seperate what is happening on the pitch with what is going on off it.

Not sure which statement is more ridiculous tbh, the suggestion people want the team to do badly or the one that it's what people on here (including many who go to games, unlike you or I) would actually deserve. Do you actually engage your brain before posting this tosh? I realise this isn't an issue which can be easily solved on a spreadsheet so it's beyond your realm of knowledge.

He’s taking advantage of our good start to the season to push through the next stage of his plan to turn NUFC into SDFC. It won’t stop here. It’ll never stop.

He’s got our ‘support’ sussed though. He knows we haven’t got the character to stand up for the club we claim to love. He knows this move will be met with some half arsed protest followed by fuck all. That we’ll just roll over and take it up the arse like we always do. Pathetic.

and the ONLY thing that will register on him because of this flash in the pan decent run on the pitch, is how easy it is to get fools on his side, he will see this u-turn as simply more proof of the gullibility of some supporters and continue selling our best players and replace them with cheap chancy replacements, he will by now genuinely think his formula "works".

of course. But I'm not a hypocrite who wanted the old regime out then stopped going when they got what they wanted.

Not really a criticism of you and certainly not for going to games. However when you talk about getting 'fools on side' I'm not sure you're barking up the right tree. Most of the apologists don't live in the area or attend games (going off the people on here) and, as such, I doubt he cares what they think. He only cares about the bottom line. If you're handing your money over you tacitly approve of what he is doing (to his mind at least) imo.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/History/StJamesPark/0,,10278~2109016,00.html

The Sports Direct Arena story. I bet they can hardly keep a straight face. There's no positive slant none, people who think there is should be students, or should stop thinking they still are students, alternative view mugs.

Proof positive that they're taking the piss.

Wankers.

in “Toonpack world” the team on the pitch is what the game is about.

oh fucking dear

So what else is it about then SirJohnHallStandMag

I still call it the Leazes btw

I'm quite happy to see a stand named after a person or people who actually gave us something on the pitch worth watching, not to mention saving us from bankruptcy after decades of selling our best players and looking for free replacements etc etc.

I believe you have already said in this thread that "its what happens on the pitch that counts". I also remember you saying that you should "enjoy something while it lasts" while at the same time dismissing our Champions League qualification and regular european football over a period of 14 years as a "waste of time because we won nothing"

Name one person on here who has stated they want the team to implode. I think you'll find most if not all seperate what is happening on the pitch with what is going on off it.

that is a typical NO or skunkers type remark. These fools must think all message boards are frequented by idiots like over on those 2 boards.

:lol: I'll answer this because I like stating the obvious buts it's incredible how many people don't think like this; if the results continue then no one will give a shit. None of this matters if the team does well ( or it matters but not enough if you see what I mean). A football club is only about the results, that's what generates the pride, that's whaylt brings people together, thats what creates history.

I'm out of this now, people want a successful ambitious club but don't want to face the trade-offs to get there. When Roy Keane railed against the OT prawn sandwich brigade, he was railing against the trade-off between commercial and traditional concerns. I can't accept the shirt sponsorship will be given away for free so that's the end of the debate from me.

Shinton, am born in wallsend and I bet you a months salary face to face, no google, the history of newcastle upon Tyne, the one told in the history books, you wouldn't live with me. Not football but history, the reason why people are furious. I know my cultural heritage and your generation sat back and allowed the destruction of granger town, bit fucking late now jumping on the 'oh woe is me, they're destroying our heritage' vibe. We can re-name it SJP in the future but you can't bring back the destroyed architecture, I get far more annoyed thinking about that than this and if you don't then I'd question your civic pride.

in “Toonpack world” the team on the pitch is what the game is about.

oh fucking dear

So what else is it about then SirJohnHallStandMag

I still call it the Leazes btw

I'm quite happy to see a stand named after a person or people who actually gave us something on the pitch worth watching, not to mention saving us from bankruptcy after decades of selling our best players and looking for free replacements etc etc.

I believe you have already said in this thread that "its what happens on the pitch that counts". I also remember you saying that you should "enjoy something while it lasts" while at the same time dismissing our Champions League qualification and regular european football over a period of 14 years as a "waste of time because we won nothing"

Not that old chestnut.

If a company came in and put their names on the shirts but reverted the ground back to SJP they would clean up in the area. Say nike did it, I would personally make sure every pair of footy boots, running shoes, tracky pants I bought were made by Nike!

Not really a criticism of you and certainly not for going to games. However when you talk about getting 'fools on side' I'm not sure you're barking up the right tree. Most of the apologists don't live in the area or attend games (going off the people on here) and, as such, I doubt he cares what they think. He only cares about the bottom line. If you're handing your money over you tacitly approve of what he is doing (to his mind at least) imo.

I understand the point you make, however Alex, I've said this before, but I boycotted the club for a short while during the days of Westwood etc when Gordon Lee left for Everton because NUFC were an unambitious 2nd rate club who sold their best players and lost a good manager because of it. When that happened, the penny dropped for me, I realised that I supported a club going nowhere and change at the top was needed, any manager who did well was doing well in spite of having his hands tied behind his back. Which is what Pardew is now doing.

Without going on too long.........this is why it has been so easy for me to see Mike Ashley and his intentions, I've seen it all before, I've heard the statements, I've seen the excuses and "reasons", I've heard the press conferences.

I realised that I didn't want to do this again, especially at the age I am now and living in hope that I see NUFC win a trophy before I pop my clogs, and I value the fact that I can still go and watch the club play, however I feel about the politics. My view is that BECAUSE I continue to go to games, it gives me the right to say what I see and don't have to show blind loyalty either.

Edited by LeazesMag

http://www.nufc.co.u...2109016,00.html

The Sports Direct Arena story. I bet they can hardly keep a straight face. There's no positive slant none, people who think there is should be students, or should stop thinking they still are students, alternative view mugs.

"The Sports Direct Arena story", that's beyond piss-taking. I wrote in another thread that falsification of history is Ashley's new thing, with the 1881 t-shirts and now this.

I was listening to the football phone in on Radio Newcastle last night and one of the guests (albeit a Makem) made a point which fits this perfectly.

He said that he’d long since given up any hope of the scum winning a trophy in his lifetime. He was challenged on this by the presenter who (rightly) pointed out that if Birmingham could win a cup there’s no reason why them or Newcastle couldn’t, and he should always have hope. His answer was that winning anything wasn’t the reason he supported the unwashed. He supports them because they are part of where he’s from. They’re tied into the ‘city’ and the people much more than just a football team. They’re part of what makes the city the city. If you wanted to follow a team for them to win something then Sunderland or Newcastle aren’t the teams you would follow.

This is the point that the fat cunt (and it seems a few on here) will never understand.

I understand the point you make, however Alex, I've said this before, but I boycotted the club for a short while during the days of Westwood etc when Gordon Lee left for Everton because NUFC were an unambitious 2nd rate club who sold their best players and lost a good manager because of it. When that happened, the penny dropped for me, I realised that I supported a club going nowhere and change at the top was needed, any manager who did well was doing well in spite of having his hands tied behind his back. Which is what Pardew is now doing.

Without going on too long.........this is why it has been so easy for me to see Mike Ashley and his intentions, I've seen it all before, I've heard the statements, I've seen the excuses and "reasons", I've heard the press conferences.

I realised that I didn't want to do this again, especially at the age I am now and living in hope that I see NUFC win a trophy before I pop my clogs, and I value the fact that I can still go and watch the club play, however I feel about the politics. My view is that BECAUSE I continue to go to games, it gives me the right to say what I see and don't have to show blind loyalty either.

Probably wasn't the thread for it anyway tbh. I think I just take issue with your notion about so many being taken in. My experience is that most people are just enjoying the ride / good results but are waiting for (and expecting) it to go tits up. I don't really think that many people think Ashley has gotten it right but at the same time it seems a bit churlish constantly banging on about him when we're doing well. I think people (the sensible ones, y'knaa? ;) ) accept it's not really down to Ashley much and, as such, are happy to shut up about him and praise the manager, coach and players. Until something like this happens, of course.

PP, am bright enough to know that you railing against the poor financial performance of the club and stating on here that they should be doing everything in their power to to increase that income is consistent with how they have presented this deal. Clearly the assumption is that this is just free advertising but if it's not, then thy are just doing what you said they should be doing. I know you would never have suggested this but you did say they should increase income. I know J69 has already said that even if it does we won't see a penny but operating income (as opposed to player sales) is the basis for the wage bill.

You are right I did and I stand by that although not the statement "everything in their power", some things are not for sale, at least not at a price that wont really make any significant difference. Put it this way, if we did manage to sell it, its less than a 3rd of how much we got for Carroll, is AC 3 times more important to NUFC fans than SJP?

The thing is you and I know fine well that we will never sell the name of the ground to any other company because they all know its toxic to be associated with and even if not, its hugely over priced. By adding the shirt sponsorship into the deal then hes effectively cut off our chances of any other advertiser. This means SD gets both for free and appears to be doing us a favour by taking it.

I bet you now that if you were to ring the club and ask to buy a dozen advertising boards in the Gallowgate you'd be told that there werent any available yet all of those SD ones should be up for sale to anyone that wants them. We all know that they arent paying the going rate for that advertising (if at all). Anyone who believes they are would be foolish after all why buy 200 advertising boards in one ground and have them appear on tv 4 times a year when you could buy 20 each at 10 clubs and get them seen 40 times by even more people?

No doubt people will make the argument that hes not gaining anything by not paying but I honestly believe he is. Additional advertising raises the profile of SD and in turn the profits. As major shareholder he gains from those both in "paper wealth" and actual dividends. NUFC however is different, the more profit it makes then the more the fans expect to see investing in the team etc and him taking money out will not be seen well.

So he gives away the advertising and the club end up 2,3,4 or more millions down however all that does is reduce the amount we can spend on players so hes not out of pocket at all. SD however reaps the benefits of world wide exposure, not only in the amount of ads in and around the ground but other things as mentioned on here by others.

Everytime the ground is mentioned on tv, in media etc.

Maps, every map of the city will at some stage be renewed and instead of saying "St James' Park" will hold the name of his company.

as said before, google searches, Sports Direct will now have an absolutely massive increase in the number of webpages its mentioned on. Wikipedia, every football site that details clubs etc etc etc, it will even start appearing on SDs competitors websites! Wigan will not have to carry the words Sports Direct in their write ups of the match etc.

Club merchandise, we'll no doubt start seeing numerous merchandising of the ground appearing "buy models of the Sports Direct stadium" etc, it may not make SD any actual money but again its further putting the name Sports Direct into homes.

Theres probably a thousand more things, some of them massive, some insignificant but each and every one of them is seen by somebody somewhere and all of those are free.

Stevie also hit the nail on the head when he points out that there are going to be kids growing up who know no other name than "Sports Direct Arena", 20 year down the line and someone comes in to reclaim our club, this place will erupt again when the new people dare to change the name to St James' Park.

I cant put forward strongly enough how bad I think this is, the name of our stadium, thats changed and grown over time but has always been known as SJP is erased overnight by some fat bloke looking to increase his already massive gut. I'll be slated for this but I dont care, I would prefer we went down than this, as proven already you can recover from a relegation, this is history, this is tradition and this is way more significant than a league placing. I will follow this club whether it is in the Champions League or the Northern Alliance, what I wont do is ever accept that changing one of our most important and iconic symbols is anything other than bad.

I'd also add that if you isolate all the 'little' things Ashley has done then you can almost begin to make excuses for them. It's when you put them all together though that you get a true picture of what he's about. This is just the latest in a long line of piss-takes from the fat cunt.

If £35m doesn't make a difference, what difference will £8-10m make?

Well exactly.

They've clearly been planning this for a while, hence all the SD banners. All very sad.

Edited by duo