WBA v Newcastle Sunday 4pm

Happy Face

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite unbelievable that we're only 5 points behind Tottenham, the same Tottenham who were crowing a few weeks back about being in the run for the title.

Had we not thrown away that lead against Wolves (I know, I know... I just can't get over it), we'd actually be level with Spurs for an hour or so at least if we beat Liverpool next Sunday :lol:

I look on the Wolves and Mackems matches as 4 points dropped tbh

Had we not thrown away that lead against Wolves (I know, I know... I just can't get over it), we'd actually be level with Spurs for an hour or so at least if we beat Liverpool next Sunday :lol:

T'is a fair point, but we murdered Manu U, which we do once in a blue moon, so that 3 points just about cancels those out (from a disappointment pov, for me anyway).

For me, the Wolves and Fulham games.

For me, the Wolves and Fulham games.

Onwards and upwards troops!

Best bit in the thread was when one of them suggested that the WBA drummer was Ashley braying Pardew's bellend off his gut.

Apart from that it was a lot of nonsense. Apparently our biggest game this season is when they play on Tuesday night - the obsession accusations coming without a hint of irony in a 20 page Newcastle match thread. :lol:

It's an unshakable cycle of irony whereby some posters here check every word they write about us and insist they're obsessed while they write more about us than themselves, most of it claiming we're obsessed.

Obviously, in that cycle everyone involved is focused on NUFC alone. So the actual obsession is clear.

Without actually looking at that, and despite getting a good win themselves.......... Have we completely ruined their weekend? :lol:

Funny you should ask that...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=685840

Does the mags result......

Take the edge off your weekend? For me, massively.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Chuffed by this performance like, we'd been winning but weren't playing well and I was nervous for this one but the way we just controlled the game from the opening whistle has made me a lot more confident for the final 8 games. Losing Colo is a big hit mind but from what it seems only 2 weeks so he might even make Swansea.

Didn't realise WBA have lost 9 at home now. More than everyone except Wolves.

On the road they've only lost 4. They're 5th on away games.

Remarkable.

Edited by Happy Face

I've just been on the Sun Sport website looking for the Yahoo highlights which curiously aren't there however on the right hand side of the match report they have an article ''three toon stars who might leave in the summer'', mentioning Ben Arfa, Ba & Krul & ''will they be missed'' as if they are already gone.

They hate it when we do well.

Brilliant result and an even better performance. HBA on fire - hope to god we get that consistency for the rest of the season. Ba and Cisse starting to click too.

As shite as I think he is I'm surprised Williamson got as much stick as he did for their goal. The slow-mo from behind the goal shows him clearly looking for a signal from Krul which comes way, way too late (if at all). Krul should have been screaming for that one the minute it started bouncing towards the box. Keeper error that one.

Nee chance - if the keeper hasn't laid claim to it then Williamson HAS to clear it to safety. Instead, he teed up Long for an open goal. Horrific mistake, but not Krul's.

Nonsense. Andy Woodman will have given Tim absolute hell for that and rightly so. It's a very basic goalkeeping error.

It's fair and reasonable to say they construed to fuck it up together.

Krul should clearly have been more decisive, but Williamson should have just hoofed it out when he noted Krul's lack of decisiveness. They can pick the bones out later, rather than the ball. If I fuck something up and my colleague has the chance to catch the ball so we don't sink then I expect him to do it. I don't expect him to add his fuck up on top of mine.

They both play in positions where this sort of stuff is absolutely critical, the fact neither of them got it right could demonstrates either a lack of basic nous or a shortfall of trust in the other. Maybe they don't trust eachother, maybe one of them never knows what the other is going to do next, maybe one of them thinks the other is a liability, if so they should still have acted decisively. This, if you chose to argue it that way, points towards their training. So, Pardew out then.

Heading it to the side of the keeper was as bad as Krul failing to call it effectively, and probably the last thing Krul expected Willo to do. They'll both live and learn.

Thing is Craig, if I'm looking for a sign from the 'keeper and it's not forth coming, There's no way I'm tapping the ball gently into the path of the opposition, especially when I'm not a defender renowned for my subtle touches. Yes Krul should have bellowed, but given the lack of that, Williamson should have put his boot through it.

Not the first time Williamson has made poor choices, choices that are beyond his ability. Against Norwich he dallied and it nearly cost us.

It's fair and reasonable to say they construed to fuck it up together.

Krul should clearly have been more decisive, but Williamson should have just hoofed it out when he noted Krul's lack of decisiveness. They can pick the bones out later, rather than the ball. If I fuck something up and my colleague has the chance to catch the ball so we don't sink then I expect him to do it. I don't expect him to add his fuck up on top of mine.

They both play in positions where this sort of stuff is absolutely critical, the fact neither of them got it right could demonstrates either a lack of basic nous or a shortfall of trust in the other. Maybe they don't trust eachother, maybe one of them never knows what the other is going to do next, maybe one of them thinks the other is a liability, if so they should still have acted decisively. This, if you chose to argue it that way, points towards their training. So, Pardew out then.

Heading it to the side of the keeper was as bad as Krul failing to call it effectively, and probably the last thing Krul expected Willo to do. They'll both live and learn.

That's the thing.

Pardew should point it out to both of them and we won't see a repeat of such a soft goal again. Thankfully we had built up too big of a lead for it to ultimately matter.

Like you say - Williamson was the one who decided to act but performed the worst possible choice save for nodding it in himself.