mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

:lol::lol::lol: 

This is the gift that keeps on giving. I have to say I really appreciate them, no matter how much we struggle or embarrass ourselves they somehow lower the bar, never taking advantage of that void to kick on. Punch a horse? They back a kiddie fiddler to the point of giving vocal support as well as burying his offenses at corporate level. Get relegated? Not only will they completely capitulate and get relegated themselves the following season but they will one up you and repeat the capitulation for another season.

So thanks you frog eyed, child molester loving, sister fucking, cheesy chip munching, dole wallering, set of absolute sweaty sacks of balls, we may not watch your games but it definitely brightens the day to hear how fucking tragic your ‘football club’ is. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

Everything has come back to haunt them perfectly :lol:

The arrogance of them last year man. "Nar agh diven watch champyernship football marra, not interested"

:lol: Aye to be fair to them it seems like they’ve stuck to that this season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

Don’t you see what happens when Big Sam leaves?!?!?!

People seem to be catching on now at last. Bolton relegated within a few years, Newcastle relegated the next season, Blackburn relegated the next season, West Ham still struggling despite ridiculous investment, Sunderland relegated the next season, Palace now bottom with no goals scored after 6 games.

It was actually a West 'Am colleague at work who flagged it the other day, saying he thought their troubles now were down to Allardyce and the way he'd drilled the team to play.

It’s partly Short’s fault for hiring the wrong people for the board room, and in the manager’s office. I mean, who in their right mind would have given Paulo Di Canio a shot in the Premier League? But to be fair to him, he’s spent a lot of his money backing each failing manager with sums that are larger than all but England’s elite (£210m since Short buyout ). The managers have all, in their way, been entirely unsuited and most seemed like a panic appointment. Even Allardyce didn’t seem like a considered choice, more like “Shit, we’re in the mire again, who’s around, Holy crap he’s available?  Throw lots of money at him!”. There was never a “plan” :lol: , they were trying to put out a forest fire a bucket of petrol at a time.

The squad that Bruce left was all right and O’Neill seemed a sound appointment, but then to go from someone of his calibre to Paulo Di Canio is hilarious. Had they failed to survive in his short spell I think they would have been better off financially, there’d be a better feeling around the club and they may even be in a better league than they are. A relegation at that point could have seen them shorn of all their overpaid turboshit players, seen a restructuring of their finances and a more considered approach to the club’s future. No more years of focussing solely on clawing their way to survival, but actually building something with the players that are coming through, establishing a long term style of play that works for the team and the fans, reconnecting with the fans.

Edited by The Fish

Tbf to Di Canio I think he was a victim of a group of players that weren't interested into buying into his methods. I read a Matt Ritchie interview and he had nothing but praise for him, saying he still sticks to some of his rules like not having milk in coffee etc. If anything I think they made a mistake sacking him. It sent the wrong message out to the players.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff