mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

If our takeover goes through we’re gonna have all kinds of new fans, including 30 million from Saudi Arabia.

We just need find a way to ostracise them. I’d suggest becoming overly attached to the Gallowgate Puddle so when it’s eventually removed we can get precious about it.

”Ah remember this when it was all Puddle” I say loudly to a Southerner with Neymar on the back of his shirt.

• Haha 2

Late to the party but I’ve just started watching Sunderland ‘Til I Die properly. About 5 episodes into season 1. The most incredible thing (of the many incredible things about it) is that it’s trying to portray the club in a good light. The title sequence as well :lol: 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s one of those random sport docs when pretty early in, the producers must have known they struck gold. 

The Spinal Tap of sports fly on the wall documentaries. It really does feel like a mockumentary, the script is better than anything Gervais could come up with. :D

• Haha 1

:lol: It almost looks like they’ve created yet another perfectly indisputable argument to prove they’re the classy, incredibly moralistic ones. They’ll never get to make that choice so can always pretend they have the moral highground. I’m perfectly happy for them to have it, I hope they get a warm sense of pride as they have Newcastle v Barcelona on the tv on a Wednesday night while they listen to Scunthorpe v Sunderland on the radio. 

This is a fan base that genuinely said they’d take Lee Cattermole and Jack Colback over Cabaye and Tiote. They absolutely cannot talk rationally when NUFC is involved in the topic. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: It almost looks like they’ve created yet another perfectly indisputable argument to prove they’re the classy, incredibly moralistic ones. They’ll never get to make that choice so can always pretend they have the moral highground. I’m perfectly happy for them to have it, I hope they get a warm sense of pride as they have Newcastle v Barcelona on the tv on a Wednesday night while they listen to Scunthorpe v Sunderland on the radio. 

This is a fan base that genuinely said they’d take Lee Cattermole and Jack Colback over Cabaye and Tiote. They absolutely cannot talk rationally when NUFC is involved in the topic. 

They talk some fucking shit, mind. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: So they’d finish 8th. I wonder if they’re still going to be ‘a scalp’, and ‘everyone’s cup final’ in League One season 3. 

I can understand teams raising their game for a recently relegated "big club" from the Premier League, in the Championship. there's little doubt that Rotherham would look at Villa, Newcastle, even Sunderland as a big game in the 2nd tier. But do League 1 sides see a team that's had 2 seasons in League 1 as a cup final? I mean, maybe in the first season, but now, they're just another League 1 side, right? There are teams more recently relegated from the Championship in the division. 

5 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Just because they have spent 2 seasons in league one doean't mean they aren't a big club. The reason is due to spectacular mismanagement. Long may it continue though. Karma!

Three seasons, have you forgotten 1987, marra?

(I haven't). ;)

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Just because they have spent 2 seasons in league one doean't mean they aren't a big club. The reason is due to spectacular mismanagement. Long may it continue though. Karma!

Tbf, I have to agree. It’s more a symptom of ‘them’ not being a big club. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 1

9 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

36358357-FBDE-4C72-996C-5F0359C718E3.gif

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

5nW4EMQ.gif

although, 

tenor.gif

• Haha 6