mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: I honestly hope that bloke implying any of their players would easily get past Burn and Botman is taking the piss. There’s backing your players and then there’s just being deluded. I’ve not seen Botman but Maldini and the Italian Champions wanted to sign him, so that leads me to believe he’s decent at the very least meanwhile their team are third division players. I shouldn’t have to spell this out but I think he does genuinely believe what he’s saying. 

:lol:
You see this type of behaviour in 2nd and 3rd generation cult members in the likes of Scientology and the Mormons- they have no grasp of what is real because they’ve never been exposed to it. 
Mackems have spent so long in Division Three being “everyone’s Cup Final” they actually believe that their players are better at football than plumbing or joinery or whatever their day job is. 

They’re about to have their world shaken up. 

• Haha 1

That Roker Mackem was obsessed with a completely invented (by him) stat that no one had ever gained more points than Eddie Howe with so little possession. So we were doomed to failure on that basis. That’s the sort of shite they make up. The same fella spends his life in the thread about us telling any Newcastle fan that turns up in there that they’re obsessed with Sunderland 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

:D

"Was in Torremolinos for a fortnight at the beginning of the month, there were loads of Leeds fans there, all wearing their colours, even put their flag up in the Colliery Tavern for the length of their break. Im too old now for wearing our shirt but had my SAFC beach towel with me for lounging around the pool most days."

"If you pinch anothers teams beach towel and hang it upside down dors that count as a victory?"

• Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What stage are at in the Boom-Bust cycle atm? Have to be close to the manager hounding bit

They'll have forgotten how to lose. It's going to be funny as fuck for the first few weeks of the season. They'll have Bobby Hill on the dole before a firework goes off. 

Espcially if we come flying out of the blocks.

• Haha 3

On 27/06/2022 at 03:39, Alex said:

So Sam Fender’s gone from being a MLF turncoat Sand Dancer to someone from North Shields that we’re about to disown as one of our own due to some scandal that hasn’t happened yet. Have I got that right? That seems to be what they’re saying but I’m just checking I haven’t slipped into some parallel universe 

He did just post this yesterday.   :nufc:

FWb-RTFg-WQAASo-Pb.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Howay said:

"We own an acting agency in New York for extras and such like if I remember correctly?"

"Yes, 'N-E-Schmuck-will-do' I believe?"

"Good, get me the cheapest American-Italian actor you can get and tell him to watch out for any wandering Wearside tourists. Instruct him to let on he's a made man and that John Gotti and his successors are 'connected' with Sunderland AFC. Spin them a line about a phoenix or some such shite that they'll lap up."

"I think we can manage that, no problem, sir."

"Excellent, I love it when a plan comes together."

"That's the A team, sir."

"Ooohh! The fucking balls on this one!"

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.4fee12b19a65c31e9a8ae00e9fdf7f64.jpg

• Haha 10

I’m not sure what is more far fetched….that a mafioso would have any knowledge of or interest in SAFC, or that this idiot has travelled further than Washington Services.

• Haha 7

I'm sure the famously well dressed, pernickety about their appearance, mafia would be all about some fat cunt walking around in his Sunderland top. Why do they do this to themselves? 

• Haha 6

"eeah, that mafiosa ya met in New York has come to visit wa, Billy!"

"Gerrin! Ahll invite'm for tea. Mak him spaghetti Bolognese as they're Italian Americans and they luv it!"

"Ahm on it now!" (Goes to open tin of lidl spaghetti hoops)

"What ya doing, man! Eeh wants the propa stuff, man, not that cheap shite! Go down to Sainsburys and buy their tin of spaghetti Bolognese, instead!"

• Haha 9

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm sure the famously well dressed, pernickety about their appearance, mafia would be all about some fat cunt walking around in his Sunderland top. Why do they do this to themselves? 

The Mafia crack is absolutely a subconscious attempt to brag about how hard they are as a fan base too

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

The best part is, you can pretty much guarantee that none of the above actually happened :lol: 

I reckon the bottom left one may well have happened like. Probably the highlight of the SMB's life, remembering it from 15 years ago. 

• Haha 2