mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

TBH I find that ranking a pile of shit. Celtic Park at number 2 despite the fact 3/4 of their ground are shitty replicas of the Gallowgate Stand only with columns blocking part of the view. 

Aside from the facade on the Holte End which is fairly impressive, I don't get the fascination with Villa Park either. 

A quick browse and them ranking Hampden as better than the etihad made me give up.

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

TBH I find that ranking a pile of shit. Celtic Park at number 2 despite the fact 3/4 of their ground are shitty replicas of the Gallowgate Stand only with columns blocking part of the view. 

Aside from the facade on the Holte End which is fairly impressive, I don't get the fascination with Villa Park either. 

Ibrox number one, Tynecastle also in the top 10. A bit Scottish-centric to say the least as none of those grounds is brilliant (although Ibrox does have character). And some random fields on the Souuthern Downs and Wales. It's bollocks. Also the desciption of the ground is wrong anyway. 

Spectacularly overlooking the River Wear

Er no, it doesn't overlook the Wear and nor is there anything remotely spectacular about the Wear at that point in its course. Think they may be getting mixed up with Durham Cathedral....

The deafening pre-match rendition of Prokofiev’s Dance of the Knights, later nicked by the BBC as the theme tune for The Apprentice

Yeah, because I am sure the production staff on the Apprentice were inspired to use one of the most famous pieces of classical music of all time by a then Championship club. 

• Haha 3

i haven't been to that new spurs stadium but have to say it's pleasing on the eye. i love how they incorporated a fuck off massive kop end.

would anyone object to us moving to a similar new-build stadium if the capacity was closer to 70-80k somewhere central, like down on the arena site? i would be against it, though i would rather stay at sjp if we can redevelop it - especially if the alternative is an out-of-town site, 

i'd love to turn the gallowgate into the biggest kop end in europe, snatching that record away from spurs. just keep building a single tier terrace into the sky. then tart up the east stand. something like this mock up, but with the gallowgate as a kop end and loads of TVs on the bit above the east stand

image.png.3f021099e83f83dbec3846e52fac8df8.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i haven't been to that new spurs stadium but have to say it's pleasing on the eye. i love how they incorporated a fuck off massive kop end.

would anyone object to us moving to a similar new-build stadium if the capacity was closer to 70-80k somewhere central, like down on the arena site? i would be against it, though i would rather stay at sjp if we can redevelop it - especially if the alternative is an out-of-town site, 

i'd love to turn the gallowgate into the biggest kop end in europe, snatching that record away from spurs. just keep building a single tier terrace into the sky. then tart up the east stand. something like this mock up, but with the gallowgate as a kop end and loads of TVs on the bit above the east stand

image.png.3f021099e83f83dbec3846e52fac8df8.png

Spurs developed their new stadium on the existing site by rotating the pitch 90 degrees didn't they. I am sure I have heard a similar thing could be done at SJP. I would be massively against relocation anywhere else in the city personally. Apparently the Arena site is not big enough so it would have to go out of the city centre. FUCK. THAT.

Does anyone know what is happening to the plot in front of the Metro station? It has been used recently to store building materials but has been cleared in the last month. I have heard its so building can commence on theat poxy office block which will forever impeded extension of the Gallowgate. I hope not. 

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Spurs developed their new stadium on the existing site by rotating the pitch 90 degrees didn't they. I am sure I have heard a similar thing could be done at SJP. I would be massively against relocation anywhere else in the city personally. Apparently the Arena site is not big enough so it would have to go out of the city centre. FUCK. THAT.

Does anyone know what is happening to the plot in front of the Metro station? It has been used recently to store building materials but has been cleared in the last month. I have heard its so building can aommence on theat poxy office block which will forever impeded extension of the Gallowgate. I hope not. 

yeah i saw that too, but where would we play while the work was done? spurs were able to play to play at wembley. can't see us playing at the stadium of light somehow 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah i saw that too, but where would we play while the work was done? spurs were able to play to play at wembley. can't see us playing at the stadium of light somehow 

Now that our bonesaw boys are pals with the Qataris again, I maintain that shipping Stadium 974 over here would do the trick.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Now that our bonesaw boys are pals with the Qataris again, I maintain that shipping Stadium 974 over here would do the trick.

It’s a crazy plan. But it might just work 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Could we put STs on hold for a year or so and put up with Kingston Park? Or pay in advance for the development of Gateshead stadium? 

plotting sherlock holmes GIF by BBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Spurs moved a couple of hundred yards up or down the road rather than changing the orientation I think. 

Don't think that is true, otherwise they wouldn't have had to move, plus they would have released lots of real estate like Arsenal did. This is a current Google shot, photographed when the new stadium was under construction. You can still see part of the old ground. 

image.png.fc72395cd7e03181e92c5c163f8528db.png 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Don't think that is true, otherwise they wouldn't have had to move, plus they would have released lots of real estate like Arsenal did. This is a current Google shot, photographed when the new stadium was under construction. You can still see part of the old ground. 

image.png.fc72395cd7e03181e92c5c163f8528db.png 

Slightly older pic

image.png

A quick perusal and as well as hating Messi and thinking he’s paid off the refs,  SR22 is a fan of Trump and a climate change denier too 👍🏻 :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

A quick perusal and as well as hating Messi and thinking he’s paid off the refs,  SR22 is a fan of Trump and a climate change denier too 👍🏻 :lol: 

Aka a moron

• Like 2